You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool Vs Swansea

WhiskeyJar

Got to start looking ahead to our game now. As it's been mentioned, the first of our 12 cup finals:

Liverpool return to action against Swansea City at Anfield on Sunday.

The Reds will aim to bounce back from the FA Cup exit at the hands of Arsenal by maintaining their top-four push against the Swans.

Earlier this season, the teams played out a 2-2 draw at the Liberty Stadium, while last term, Brendan Rodgers' men won the corresponding fixture 5-0.

To be honest, it's probably a bit hard to read much into either of the last few games between these sides. The most recent game earlier this season was Sakho's first for the club IIRC and the game was memorable for the significant influence of one Jonjo Shelvey (also his first game against his old club), who was all of good, bad and lucky at different times in that game.  

Last season's games at Anfield are hard to get a read on also. The league game had Swansea resting a load in players in preparation for the upcoming League Cup final and the League Cup fixture earlier that season was just a few days after an away derby that ended in a shattering draw due to a fucking incompetent linesman. All this with a very threadbare squad too.

So yeah, after all that I have no idea how this will play out, but maintaining home form against a side that is a bit hit-and-miss should be a win. The goal difference that has been built up means that by how many shouldn't be a massive issue, just fucking win it.

4-1 :)

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I can't say I'd want to drop Hendo. I just think we'll miss that running in midfield. I'd like to get Allen in there, but who do we drop? Coutinho or Sterling? Every time I even think or suggest that one of those two might be dropped they either create or score with great performances.

I can't say I'd want to drop Hendo. I just think we'll miss that running in midfield. I'd like to get Allen in there, but who do we drop? Coutinho or Sterling? Every time I even think or suggest that one of those two might be dropped they either create or score with great performances.

I wouldn't drop either.  He looked a bit tired against Fulham for me, we will miss his running but he does need a rest, plus he's carrying a little injury.  Allen is a good player to be fair, and he'll up his game against these.

I think we will need a midfield with energy, so if he had the balls maybe "rest" Gerrard for Allen?  Dunno really, I've been saying drop Gerrard for weeks and since then he's been brilliant. 

Thank fuck we actually have a problem like this for a change.

Go for the jugular like we did against Everton/Arsenal and we'll bash their asses. 

I was thinking last night, 12 games to go, league defo still on, is it worth just treating every game like this? Come out at 100mph and wreck teams, or are we gonna have to start thinking about positioning, shape and all that boring stuff? I think we'd win more than we'd lose playing gun-ho, but it might not be the most sensible move for Mancs aways and maybe one or two others. 

Go for the jugular like we did against Everton/Arsenal and we'll bash their asses. 

I was thinking last night, 12 games to go, league defo still on, is it worth just treating every game like this? Come out at 100mph and wreck teams, or are we gonna have to start thinking about positioning, shape and all that boring stuff? I think we'd win more than we'd lose playing gun-ho, but it might not be the most sensible move for Mancs aways and maybe one or two others. 

I was thinking the same myself, I'm not sure if this is an actual tactic or a mental thing.  Arsenal and Everton were huge games so we came out and the players were pumped - then we started shite against Fulham and didn't even turn up against West Brom.

If we could just come out fast and hard every game, most of the lesser teams would be pregnant by half time.  I'd even do this with the Mancs, because they're shite.  The only team I'd probably look at trying something else against would be Chelsea at home because that Portuguese shit house will have a plan up his sleeve.

LEO
Barry!

BARRY
Mr. Vice President!

LEO
Please.

BARRY
I can't tell you how comforted we all are by your presence on the ticket. Awful
about Farad.

LEO
How do we protect ourselves from a guy dressed in dynamite? I appreciate
your taking the time to come by.

BARRY

LEO
I've been served a subpoena to appear before the Intelligence Committee
investigating the White House leak.

BARRY
You could claim executive privilege.

LEO
I wasn't Chief of Staff when the leak occurred.

BARRY
But you were still working inside the White House?

LEO
Executive privilege isn't going to work. The President's has order all White
House personnel to cooperate.

BARRY
So you were working inside the White House, without a title, with the
individual who's now become the primary focus of a criminal investigation?

LEO
Yes.

BARRY
So a candidate for the Vice Presidency with a history of alcoholism and
heart disease was working inside the White House when a major of national
security occurred and is now going to be dropped off at the press-infested
Hart building with his lawyer to testify before a Republican Congressional
committee investigating a Democratic administration's failure to competently
protect the Presidency.

LEO
Any way I can protect the Santos campaign?

BARRY
When do you go before the Committee?

LEO
Monday.

BARRY
Well, we can talk about protecting you, but as far as the Santos campaign
is concerned: you are just a guy dressed in dynamite.

• Upvote 1