You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Brit Awards

Section_31

Is this a sign of age? Is it merely because I'm out of time here or are they all jerkoffs? Surely James Corden interviewing award-winning One Direction proves that maybe there's not something wrong with me, but something wrong with the universe.

A sign of age but also a sign of how shite and disposable music is these days.

One Direction for best single?

Fuck offff

• Upvote 1

He's on enough beak to kill a very small horse, but that's actually a highlight. A lowlight was twitter proving that the human race is doomed by voting One Direction best video, what do they do in the video? I asked "Just sing the song and dance about a little". It's not the Johnathan Glazer Aphex Twin style masterpiece I was expecting.

Can't believe Daft Punk got best international group!

They've only had one song out. That Get Lucky one.

Nah, it's a cracking album.

Music is in rude health at the moment, but if you're looking for it at a glorified music advert designed to get people spending again post xmas then don't be surprised if you walk away disappointed.

I'm not sure that music is in rude health quality wise, but what is true is we all have access to an unprecedented amount of music through an unprecedented amount of channels. And of course, an unprecedented number of people are making or reprocessing music in any number of new ways. And getting your music heard is easier than ever. There's no issue with quantity.

I'm not sure that music is in rude health quality wise, but what is true is we all have access to an unprecedented amount of music through an unprecedented amount of channels. And of course, an unprecedented number of people are making or reprocessing music in any number of new ways. And getting your music heard is easier than ever. There's no issue with quantity.

Granted getting it heard is easier than ever but at the same time getting people to notice it, or actually commit time to listen to it when they have so much other choice is just as tough. It's listened to and their off, onto the next clip or link.

The target audience for the Brits are teens, most teens these days have either a smartphone or access to YouTube, iTunes, Facebook...etc.

You see more and more signed but hardly worldwide names releasing EPs these days, rather than one LP every couple of years.

The accessibility of music is a great thing but its also a hindrance. Labels aren't giving bands the time to develop either - less now than even before as they haven't been taking risks and have been playing it safe.

It's always been a tough industry but its even more disposable that ever before.

It's always been luck playing a major part with a band being signed, developed and then backed/Marketed by a label as a product they want to shift to an audience but the audience are swamped with choice more than ever before.