You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yevhen Konoplyanka

WhiskeyJar

Wonder what happened - if it was just us being cheap skates, if it was many parts involved, or whatever else. I'm sure, or I hope, we did everything possible to get him...!

So disappointing this. Fuck me - if we loose the 4th place now it might just be because we didn't strengthen in January. Absolutely shambles.

I assume Ben Smith is talking about Henry and Werner.

Ben Smith @BenSmithBBC 1m

Ian Ayre is an easy target. Collapse of this particular deal was not his fault. He was dealing with an impossible owner

So we chucked all our eggs in one basket and got our arses handed to us, thats just sheer incompetence.

We have a transfer committee who are supposed to identify targets and get these players in.

Its certainly not the Dnipro owners fault we got no fucking players in.

• Upvote 3

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 1m

Ian Ayre is an easy target. Collapse of this particular deal was not his fault. He was dealing with an impossible owner

Ah yes, not Ayres fault, Brendan must have been lying when he talked about giving Ayre a list of players when in fact the only player that could possibly improve us is Konoplyanka.

There probably was some last minute demands but that should have been anticipated ,

We should have flushed them all out yesterday and either done the deal or walked away not going down to the wire and looking like clueless twats. It's utterly pathetic and Ayre's position is completely untenable. Do the decent thing and fuck off. 

If we've fucked it up once again, I wish Rodgers would just go all Rafa on FSG and Ayre or whoever is responsible, but I guess he'll just come up with his usual arse-licking bullshit of how they've been working hard in Ukraine to get the deal done but it wasn't meant to be.

He has to. If he doesn't he'll have his ass handed to him.

The writing was on the wall when we fucked Salah around for two and a half months, Chelsea jump in there and do the deal over a lunchtime.

I don't understand how anyone can be so incompetent at negotiating deals in a day and age with instant communication and contracts that can be signed over fucking ipads.

Obviously FSG aren't firing themselves, so Ayre either needs to be sacked or reduced to a commercial only role where it's not as time sensitive as a transfer window.

Fuck the journos who're covering for him too.

Ben Smith @BenSmithBBC 1m

There's always an excuse.  There was multiple agents involved, the owner changed his mind, unrealistic price tags....

Whatever bullshit is trotted out this time, it doesn't matter as we look like amateurs again.

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 1m

Do better Ben Smith, stop taking up for the incompetent prat. It wasn't just this one deal, he's fucked up plenty of them. Everywhere Ayre-s-hole goes it's the same hard luck story.

Give Rodgers the money and let him sign the players. Ayre is dogshit.

So we chucked all our eggs in one basket and got our arses handed to us, thats just sheer incompetence.

We have a transfer committee who are supposed to identify targets and get these players in.

Its certainly not the Dnipro owners fault we got no fucking players in.

Of course it is, every one knows you can't negotiate with more than one player at a time over the course of a month...

On second thought maybe that's just us.