You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

Suarez comparisons have been made by some already. Mainly about his ability and dynamism.

But, he's similar to Suarez in that he appears to hate losing too. Or not winning. There's the clip of disgust when Sevilla equalised. And, today, even though it only made it 3-1, you could see on MOTD that he looked angry and pissed off when Brighton scored their penalty.

You need a bit of that. Instead of some of our eunichs walking round with their willies hid in between their legs, pretending to be women, whenever the going gets tough.

Call them M&S and style it on their cuntfest of an advert from the other year, preferably midway through the derby.

"This is not just a humiliating, obliterating, rectum shattering, this is an M&S humiliating, obliterating, rectum shattering."

We'll lose now, of course.

• Upvote 2

I haven't had a favourite player at our club since Gerrard left, I just liked everyone evenly. This man has changed that, I used to live in Egypt for 5 years so I've always liked Egyptian players. I didn't expect Salah to be this good though, he's incredible and has such a good attitude. He's always smiling. Hopefully his current form isn't temporary and he builds on.

• Upvote 4

Not sure whether Real are or aren't interested. But assuming they are and forgetting whether he'd want to go due to thinking they're a bigger club etc.

Talking for a purely playing stance, I think he'd be foolish to leave in terms of getting individual recognition. He'd probably win more trophies, a lot more looking at the last 10 years of both clubs.

But while Ronaldo is at Real I'd be wary of going if I was Salah. The reason being everyone there at Real is set up for Ronaldo to be the star and the goal scorer. Understandably so.

Last season at Roma Salah was getting just as many assists as goals. Probably because he was playing with a target man in Dzeko who he'd supply.

He's come to LFC and he is our goalscorer. Now he's the one who is give a role to getting into the box all the time and he's the one being supplied by Coutinho, Mane, Firmino etc. and his scoring stats have improved dramatically.

If he goes to Real, he'd be brilliant. He'd probably win more, judging on recently history. But he's go from being in a team set up perfectly for him to thrive and be the main finisher of moves. To someone who goes back to being a supplier to others. He'd still get goals, but I think it would affect the numbers he is getting now at LFC. Which I don't see changing given the set up of our team and the regularity he gets in dangerous positions.

Salah is very important for us and his Star is rising. It’s going really well for him. And us. If he swapped that to be just another good player at Real Madrid he would be a fool, certainly at this stage. Give him a few years here, and if he’s won nothing and we look well off the pace at that point, I can understand the desire to move on to bigger and better. But not now.

It feels to me as though we are on the verge of something and Klopp is building us up again. Salah has a big part to play in that and if I were advising him (!) I would tell him to carry on. Obviously if we never quite make that step up, then Salah will be off. But since he’s only just begun his time at Anfield, we’ve got a while before we get there with him. Unfortunately it seems Coutinho can’t wait any longer, and I don’t really begrudge him his move, so long as it’s win-win and we get the money/players we need to compensate.

Barca and Real are used to having us off money wise for our players. With the money flying around due to the TV deal we can and will knock them back. We’ve seen what they were like over De Gea with United as well. They haven’t paid over the top for a premier league player for a while and if you think Bale and Ronaldo were worth it which they probably were I can’t remember if they ever have.

They’re both still living in the world that they can turn heads and bully clubs into selling their players by encouraging the players to act like cunts. They come up with a value they think is acceptable and kick the media machine into overdrive. The Coutinho refusal was the statement the club needed to make. If you’re tied down to a deal, which Mo obviously is, unless they are offer silly money, which they won’t, you aren’t going anywhere.

• Upvote 2