You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafael Benitez.

The best thing about this season is reading comments form all the haters shitting themselves about the prospect of Rafa returning.  Every cloud.

More amusing is those like yourself, the Rafanista equivalent of the Holocaust deniers ( get Godwins law in early).

Those that forget that Rafa was happy to hawk himself post Athens precipitating the Klinsmann incident, and was happy to take the G&H Shilling at the expense of the Club when he signed a new contract despite the spiralling shambles of their regime, buying them vital time.

Rafa is one of the finest footballing managers in our history, he would also have a cheeky class of Shiraz at the antics of some of his more myopic devotees.

• Upvote 1

More amusing is those like yourself, the Rafanista equivalent of the Holocaust deniers ( get Godwins law in early).

Those that forget that Rafa was happy to hawk himself post Athens precipitating the Klinsmann incident, and was happy to take the G&H Shilling at the expense of the Club when he signed a new contract despite the spiralling shambles of their regime, buying them vital time.

Rafa is one of the finest footballing managers in our history, he would also have a cheeky class of Shiraz at the antics of some of his more myopic devotees.

The Klinsmann incident pre cursored any move from Rafa with regards other clubs. Thats why the fans had a march outside Anfield before a champions league game.

If Rodgers did get sacked I wouldn't be against him coming back. Not saying its what I want first and foremost, I just don't think it would be a bad thing necessarily.

If/When we are looking for a new manager, id just like to see him interviewed by John Henry. Just to get his vision across. If Ayre or any former players dont like it i couldnt care less.

If the owner decides he wants to go with someone else then fair enough, but i think he deserves to be given the chance.

If/When we are looking for a new manager, id just like to see him interviewed by John Henry. Just to get his vision across. If Ayre or any former players dont like it i couldnt care less.

If the owner decides he wants to go with someone else then fair enough, but i think he deserves to be given the chance.

You'd put your faith in John Henry to choose a manager? He wouldn't trust himself to make a good decision that's why he has Ayre and Werner to make the big calls.

Another draw for Napoli today. 2-2 This time at home to the high flying Empoli. That's three draws on the bounce now.

You seem slightly obsessed....

I've noticed that it's happening more and more that the people who hate Benitez on twitter try and shoe-horn him into every negative conversation about Rodgers, and then try and say it's all the pro-Rafa lot wanting Rafa back. Of course there are some people saying they'd have Rafa back, but the ones trying to create it from a negative slant are huge. It's getting very weird again.

For the record (in case there is one) I love Rafa, but I don't want him back.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...