You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Suarez - Making an Arse of himself

TLW

Was the "post Carra" comment not referring to loyalty then? If not what was the context in relation to Suarez?

No. It was a general point about players being cunts. And Carra not being one.

Had my 6 year old daughter in tears tonight she loves Luis and wants his name on the back of her new shirt. Told her about how i was upset when Keegan left and how that turned out well, but she is to young to understand. She just sees Luis as the be all and end all. Told her lets see how things are next week end.

Hope he realizes what he is putting some of our younger fans through because i am sure she is not alone.

Had my 6 year old daughter in tears tonight she loves Luis and wants his name on the back of her new shirt. Told her about how i was upset when Keegan left and how that turned out well, but she is to young to understand. She just sees Luis as the be all and end all. Told her lets see how things are next week end.

Hope he realizes what he is putting some of our younger fans through because i am sure she is not alone.

Tell her to man up.

Get Luis Alberto on the shirt. You can tell her that that's Suarez's first and middle name. She'll be the only kid in school to have it as well, making it special. Problem solved.

Real may well be willing to pay that, but if we agree to sell to Arsenal for £45m they know what they have to pay. Real rarely bid first or early, they wait but usually get their man.

Amazes me how players are so attracted to Real. We've won more European Cups than them in the last 50 years. Talk about living on past glory.

We've won more European cups than they have in the past ten years.

So where is the article?

I have the physical paper in front of me Code. The first line says "Arsenal's hopes of signing Luis Suarez have taken a considerable blow after Liverpool informed the North London club that they no intention of selling their star player in any circumstances to a team they consider a rival".

The fifth paragraph states "Liverpool, though, have made it clear to Arsenal in private that they do not intend to weaken their own side at the same time as strengthening a direct rival for the Barclays Premier League's fourth Champions League slot".

A few other things mentioned that we might have a change of heart if the offer is substantial and then another line that ridicules Luis's original statements about the English media and restating his preference for Real Madrid.

The full article is on page 15 of the sports supplement. The rest is too long and boring to type out as it rehashes a lot that has already been said. If someone has access past the pay-wall maybe they could copy and paste the article.

Edited by Einch

It starting to look more and more likely that he will still be here next season in my opinion.

Real don't really want him. Arsenal have made a complete arse of their transfer bids, which have been rejected, and could now face a possible complaint.

So what sort of reception will he get when he returns?

My main worry is that he will come back feeling a bit stupid and won't be anywhere near as good as last season. I think most fans will be watching him very closely and any signs of sulking or a lack of effort will be noticed straight away.

Will he really be welcomed back and will fans still be singing his name, knowing that he will more than likely look for a move again next summer?

I do agree with the suggestion that some people have made, that the club couldn't publicly rule out a deal to another english club as if we do sell him we would want as much interest as possible to raise his transfer fee.

Overall though I think it's quite a long way back. Suarez needs to come out publicly and commit himself to the club very quickly for me, but no doubt we will have to wait right up until the transfer window shuts before we hear anything clearly publicly from him.

The joys of modern football.

The whole saga has done very little to my opinion of him so far. I don't particularly like him but rate him very highly. I also have doubts about the sense in building the side around him not only because he'll be looking to move on each year but also just due to the nature of his erratic style of play.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
If he keeps scoring and playing well for us I'll be happy.

I can just like him less and still be happy.

Yep, that's the way I feel. Though, I'm sure one interview saying how he'd never go to Arsenal, and only wanted to go abroad because his family weren't happy, then is con myself into loving him again.

Guest San Don

Will be interesting to see how the crowd react to him if he is prevented from moving and whether he has a gob on him when he plays.

I remember when Keegan announced the next season would be his last, the kop stopped chanting his name during games. But, I reckon a lot of people will still sing that song louder than they do for Liverpool.

If he does play with a gob on him and clearly isnt giving his all, I hope rodgers hooks him if or when that happens.

If Suarez stays, will he have done too much wrong?

AFAIK the worst he's done is says he wants to talk to Arsenal, which he's entitled to do with the clause in his contract. He hasn't bad-mouthed the club/city/fans/manager, he turned up for the tour, hasn't gone on strike, hasn't handed in a transfer request. Even him wanting to talk to Arsenal is paper talk. He's never come out and said it.

article-2289705-1880753D000005DC-989_306x152_popup.jpg

Looking at that "Moneyball" style, there's no way in hell that the simian is worth £30m more than Suarez.

I also reckon Madrid would make more from merchandising Suarez than Bale too. Everyone loves a mental.