You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Glastonbury

The-Sir

On 27/06/2020 at 03:18, Tony Moanero said:

I’m lying here unable to sleep, trying to decide whether I’d give Beyoncé my last Rolo. I’m pretty certain that I wouldn’t as I really like them. However, I’d probably offer her a Munchie. I’m not as keen on them, like.

I’m sorry, no. I’m not having it. Munchies are way better. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Numero said:

Nope. Sorry, nope. Not on my watch. Say what you want about that cunt Starmer, but dissing Freddie? 

Dee dop. Bee bop. Di-do di-do dop. 

I love Freddy I do, but this live version with the girl playing bass is something else, maybe its because it seems poignant.

15 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Under pressure was fucking amazing, much better with the girl instead of freddy.

Me and my mate were in awe of her, taking on Freddy’s vocals while hitting that bass. Got a few goosebumps watching it back before.

46 minutes ago, Captain Milk said:

Me and my mate were in awe of her, taking on Freddy’s vocals while hitting that bass. Got a few goosebumps watching it back before.

Yeah me too. Her name is Gsil Ann Dorsey, shes American plays numerous instruments and has played with loads of big acts as well as making 3 albums herself. Shes also got a great voice, just one of these super talented people that it almost seems unfair.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Yeah me too. Her name is Gsil Ann Dorsey, shes American plays numerous instruments and has played with loads of big acts as well as making 3 albums herself. Shes also got a great voice, just one of these super talented people that it almost seems unfair.

You don’t better a Freddie Mercury vocal, that’s silly talk

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Gnasher said:

She features on 5 tracks of The National's latest album, great voice.

I don't get the Mercury being untouchable stuff, nobody can question his talent but there have been better singers out there & personally there are a lot of inferior singers I'd rather listen to. Under Pressure is one Bowie track I'd happily never hear again to be honest.

I'm not a fan of Freddie Mercury's vocal idiosyncrasies at all & as for the Harry Belafonte stuff, really?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Also watched Oasis’ pre-Defintely Maybe set.

It was decent but considering they played Shakermaker & Digsys Dinner and didn’t play Rock ‘N Roll Star, Columbia or Slide Away, I was a bit disappointed. 

Was that on Saturday night and from years ago? 

I watched some of it but had to turn it off. Liam definitely needs autocue to make him listenable thats for sure 

5 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Was that on Saturday night and from years ago? 

I watched some of it but had to turn it off. Liam definitely needs autocue to make him listenable thats for sure 

I watched it on the iPlayer but it was from 1994.

Yes, they definitely became more polished.

1 hour ago, Karl_b said:

She features on 5 tracks of The National's latest album, great voice.

I'll get hold of that, it's her bass playing I love, its strange in it being a 6 string in which see her do harmonies simultaneously. The bass she played on under pressure and let's dance last night was out of this world. Shes a very talented musician,