You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The Guardian saying we're going to make him train on his own, away from the squad, until he starts showing respect for the club.

I'm not sure if that's 100% right, because he's being a cunt, or if it's just all a bit 'naughty step'.

The Guardian saying we're going to make him train on his own, away from the squad, until he starts showing respect for the club.

I'm not sure if that's 100% right, because he's being a cunt, or if it's just all a bit 'naughty step'.

All probably ends up in the same end result but if there is 100% no resolution now then I support it, shows we're prepared to move on from him before he is even gone and focus on those who want to be here

On the contract clause issue it is hard to see beyond the posturing.

The Club claims that the trigger point only means that they have to tell the player of any interest, not sell. That seems pointless, the player would be told of any interest anyway by his agent. Why have any figure at all?

Why the fuck are the PFA publicly discussing the details of our contract? Fuck off. If you want to stick your ore in do it behind closed doors so we can tell you where to go face to face.

Suarez has already done a pretty good job of that.

This one still isn't hurting as much as Torres did, although at least Torres conducted him in a manner far better than Luis, and wanted to move to a club that at least challenged for trophies, unlike Arsenal ffs.

Do not sell him to Arsenal, or at least double the asking price wherever they're concerned.

We CANNOT sell to Arsenal, unless it is for an amount that will make us stronger than they will become with him. It doesn't make financial sense with the Champions League money.

If he is kept, I can't see him downing tools. He only knows how to play one way. I think Ayre should sit with him, tell him the price for him to go now and the conditions -- i.e. not a competitor -- and also how much for next year to a non-competitor. If he wants to go to Real or Barca, then he can spend next season showing the world that he is a Galactico.... while in a red shirt.

After we are back in the Champions League, he can bugger off to Goodison for all I care.

Edited by Mojo
grammar

Guest Numero Veinticinco
This one still isn't hurting as much as Torres did

Absolutely not. Not even close for me. I was certain Torres wouldn't go anywhere, absolutely certain he was dedicated to getting the club going again. I thought he was not only a world class player but understood... anyway, I felt like a right silly twat. Like I was one of those girls who cried over take-that splitting up or something.

With Suarez, he's a great player. I think he's a fucking brilliant footballer, and I think until the past few months he has said the right thing, but we all knew what he was like. We'd been through it with Torres. The only thing that hurts me is the fact it's Arsenal. If it was Real, I'd not be arsed really.

Talking of Suarez, what's this tweet/picture all about. Somebody said he left the ground crying after being told he's not being sold. Did I miss this earlier or have I been duped? Again.

UXzvJII.jpg

I want him to fuck off now, but no way we can sell him to Arsenal. If we can sell him abroad and get 50+ for him , go ahead, but there would be horrible to see him in the Gunners shirt.

i'd give him one chance to change his mind, he's a impulsive person and should really sit down with Ayre and Brendan and think about this.

We CANNOT sell to Arsenal, unless it is for an amount that will make us stronger than they will become with him. It doesn't make financial sense with the Champions League money.

If he is kept, I can't see him downing tools. He only knows how to play one way. I think Ayre should sit with him, tell him the price for him to go now and the conditions -- i.e. not a competitor -- and also how much for next year to a non-competitor. If he wants to go to Real or Barca, then he can spend next season showing the world that he is a Galactico.... while in a red shirt.

After we are back in the Champions League, he can bugger off to Goodison for all I care.

I agree that selling our star player to our major competition for fourth place is suicidal- if FSG are serious about fourth place.

Yet we finished seventh with Suarez and Arsenal finished fourth without him. What has happened for us to close that gap?

If he is kept there is a significant risk of us paying £500,000 a month for a player who is an embarrassment to the club and a negative influence in the dressing room. He will play for in the World cup finals even if he doesn’t play a competitive game for us. His value out of the spotlight will diminish whilst our wage commitment remains- not good.

Are we really on the brink of CL qualification?

I can see him downing tools. He is pissing and fucking moaning to the papers when there is still 3 weeks before the transfer window closes. I fancy that he will be unbearable should he not get his move.

He is a child,a selfish,naughty fucking child.

He bites people ffs.We knew what he was like when we bought him.We cant moan about it now he wants to leave.Hes a great player but weve had better.Lets get the best price we can for him and move on.

Are we really on the brink of CL qualification?

We have to dream, and 3 of the top 4 have just changed managers with the Arse already a vulnerability if they don't get Suarez and more of their players get disillusioned, so this is the best chance for a change in the top 4 for a long time.

I don't mind losing Suarez, but I do mind strengthening competition at the same time.

Around the start of July a substantial amount of bets in Spain went on Suarez moving to Arsenal, his agent is Spanish.

Yeah i remember that now, i think he was 33/1 to join them, bookies stopped taking bets at one stage after a lot of people piled on. Yet another reason why i hope he dosnt go to the trophy dodgers.

He is a child,a selfish,naughty fucking child.

He bites people ffs.We knew what he was like when we bought him.We cant moan about it now he wants to leave.Hes a great player but weve had better.Lets get the best price we can for him and move on.

Yeah, get as much money as possible and fuck him off.

We have to dream, and 3 of the top 4 have just changed managers with the Arse already a vulnerability if they don't get Suarez and more of their players get disillusioned, so this is the best chance for a change in the top 4 for a long time.

I don't mind losing Suarez, but I do mind strengthening competition at the same time.

Not nailed on he will be a worldbeater for Arsenal,although he obviously doesnt give a shite what people think of him which will help him.Saying that I would rather he not go to Arsenal.They have the money now though dont they?.,make them pay I say...big.