You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Comment from @LFC: '@luis16suarez is not for sale. Neither Luis or his representatives have communictated these feelings to @LFC' 1/2

Cont'd: '@LFC remains supportive of Luis & expect him to honour his contract. We will not be making any further comment at this stage' 2/2

Dom King has just tweeted this. Still don't think we'll see Luis in red again, sad times. Absolutely essential we don't fuck this summer up with our purchases.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comment from @LFC: '@luis16suarez is not for sale. Neither Luis or his representatives have communictated these feelings to @LFC' 1/2

Cont'd: '@LFC remains supportive of Luis & expect him to honour his contract. We will not be making any further comment at this stage' 2/2

Dom King has just tweeted this. Still don't think we'll see Luis in red again, sad times. Absolutely essential we don't fuck this summer up with our purchases.

'Torres is not for sale' - Liverpool FC

He's definitely gone I think.

If he has put a request in, fuck him. The fans and the management imo supported him and stuck with him despite his stupid and at times downright nasty antics. I hope he stays coz he's brilliant and I also like him despite his flaws, but 99% of footballers are selfish cunts.

He's definitely gone I think.

I'd say so.

Those scouts we got from City are really going to have to earn their money now, it's one thing replacing Carroll or Skrtel, it's another thing entirely trying to replace Luis.

I'm fucking sick of losing our best players, it's as if finishing out of European places isn't enough of a kick in the balls, just as you start getting excited for the upcoming season you get kicked in the plums again.

I feel like Melchett.

Doesn't fuck about, does he?

Three interviews in two days, during which he initially hints at and then comes right out with saying he wants to leave.

Well see you later Luis - thanks for sticking by us like we stuck by you.

Oh, and if you think the media here are bad, you'll just love Spain...

I'd say so.

Those scouts we got from City are really going to have to earn their money now, it's one thing replacing Carroll or Skrtel, it's another thing entirely trying to replace Luis.

I'm fucking sick of losing our best players, it's as if finishing out of European places isn't enough of a kick in the balls, just as you start getting excited for the upcoming season you get kicked in the plums again.

I feel like Melchett.

I feel exactly the same here, mate. What little feel good factor we had towards the end of the season is slowly diminishing.

We have to replace Skrtel, Carra, Suarez and possibly Pepe from our first team line up. On top of that, we're going to have to somehow get some squad depth too, to replace Carroll, Jonjo (he'll probably leave), Coates and a few other peripheral figures. Thats a lot of fucking replacing.

Gutting.

I'm not sure that's fair, or relevant. Care to expand zig?

We brought in an inexperienced manager and failed to get him any decent attackers until the January window, ending up out of the cups early on and finishing seventh. Hence why Suarez and others might leave. In my opinion. Yours might differ. Should I put the obligatory disclaimer in now that I don't blame Rodgers for being hired and would like to see him make a go of it?

I see no way we can replace him like-for-like' date=' so if it's an inevitability we'll need to rejig the squad a bit.

If we could bring in someone like Son Heung-min and [b']beef[/b] up our defensive options i'd be pretty happy.

Hmm, you say beef, it's probably dog!

We brought in an inexperienced manager and failed to get him any decent attackers until the January window, ending up out of the cups early on and finishing seventh. Hence why Suarez and others might leave. In my opinion. Yours might differ. Should I put the obligatory disclaimer in now that I don't blame Rodgers for being hired and would like to see him make a go of it?

I'm not sure why you're being so defensive zig, I only asked a question.

As for the above I don't believe that had we (hypothetically) finished 5th and had a decent cup run he'd be happy to stay. It's not because of where we finished in the table that he wants to leave, it is as he said because of his perceived mistreatment by the press. He appears completely oblivious that whilst the press reaction was overblown, it was ultimately brought on by his own actions.

Last summers errors have nothing to do with it.

In my opinion.

Yours might differ.

I'm not sure why you're being so defensive zig, I only asked a question.

Not being defensive, that's called tongue in cheek.

As for the above I don't believe that had we (hypothetically) finished 5th and had a decent cup run he'd be happy to stay. It's not because of where we finished in the table that he wants to leave, it is as he said because of his perceived mistreatment by the press.

You choose to take that at face value, I don't. I think his comments that he couldn't say no to Real Madrid and wants to play at a higher level are more telling.

David Villa? I think we're about 6 years too late on that. Besides, I don't think he'd want to leave Barcelona. Maybe a Villa + cash deal with Barcelona and first dibs on Tello?

He probably doesn't want to leave, but being a year away from a major international tournament and knowing he's getting knocked down the pecking order is probably pushing him to the door.

I feel exactly the same here, mate. What little feel good factor we had towards the end of the season is slowly diminishing.

We have to replace Skrtel, Carra, Suarez and possibly Pepe from our first team line up. On top of that, we're going to have to somehow get some squad depth too, to replace Carroll, Jonjo (he'll probably leave), Coates and a few other peripheral figures. Thats a lot of fucking replacing.

Gutting.

I dont one bit.

The Torres saga taught us that surely?

At least Suarez is getting in early. If Torres had stayed we'd never have had the amazing times with Suarez.

Its exciting- if whoever we get goes on to be as good as Suarez people need to understand that in all likelihood they will bugger off too, Champions league or not- agents engineer these moves when a player is playing at the level Suarez is at, especially if the club is under performing.

Yes we ballsed up with Carroll but I have faith we wont be doing that again in a hurry.

The King is dead, long live the King!

Just a re-run of Ajax, let's the club down then leaves. Can't blame him mind you, he has been treated appallingly by the media and we are a level below the sort of club he really should be playing for.

However the idea that he's a victim of the media when he's selectively using the media himself is always a bit rich. He's also seems incapable of taking responsibility as most indulged modern footballers are incapable.

It's also a bit disingenuous of any player attempting to blame outside factors in their decision to leave a mid-table side when Real Madrid come calling.

My only real concern here is that by his own and his agents activities here of effectively announcing his departure and his destination without appearing to agree his departure with the club he's contracted too he's effectively lowering his value in the transfer market.