You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

You get 3 or 4 games ban for a late tackle.

You should get more if you bite someone on the field of play.

I fucking love him for it, he's mad as fuck and I can see why he'd do it. Ivanovic and these other 'hardmen' acts out there with elbows in your face and sly digs. Fuck that, you want a scrap then I'll rip lumps of flesh out of you. Suarez is the most driven person I've ever seen on a football field. He's captain material.

The media would fucking hate that as well, but I'd not hesitate, I'd offer him vice-captain when Carra goes.

I keep hearing on this board that Souness sold his story to the rag, but from what I've gathered/been told. Wasn't it a freelancer who did the story then it was sold onto the rag? Still obviously not the best judgement though.

Even if this was the case, Souness would have had final say on where it appeared. There's no way he wouldn't have known it was going in there.

What luis did yesterday was fuckin stupid, but what the fuck is parrot nose doing going on sky and talking up 10 game bans for? Sometimes I wonder who's side he and the likes of him are on. He's a media whore and should be ashamed of himself that he takes murdochs coin.

It is unrealistic to think that an unprecedented ( I think) second biting offence is not worthy of comment. Speculation on what a likley ban length is going to be is a legitimate subject (8+ games is a posibility).

The Club,Rodgers and Ayre have handled this superbly so far. No excuses, apologies offered all round, punishment dished out from the club within 24 hours. That should be praised rather than excuses offered for the original offence.

Phil Thompson is entitled to his opinion. We don't own him, if he thinks 10 games is fair then he entitled to that. In saying that I think the role he "plays" on soccer Saturday of the panto scouser villain is a tad annoying. He also said Martin O'Neill was doing a brilliant job at Sunderland, hard to take anyone serious who speaks such shit.

You knew it wasn't going to be the best when you see the name of a European Cup winning captain misspelt in the title.

I agree.

Phil represented LFC with distinction for thirteen seasons, winning the following in the process:

• Football League First Division: (7) 1972–73, 1975–76, 1976–77, 1978–79, 1979–80, 1981–82, 1982–83

• FA Cup: (1) 1973–74

• Football League Cup: (2) 1980–81, 1981–82

• FA Charity Shield: 1974, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1980, 1982

• European Cup: (3) 1976–77, 1977–78, 1980–81

• UEFA Cup: (2) 1972–73, 1975–76

• UEFA Super Cup: (1) 1977

I think he may know a thing or two.

Fucking state of this pair.

the fa wont decide the games ban, if any,but effin sly sports will... sourness, dedcrap, big nose will have the final say... probably ask hansen and lawrenson for their opinions as well.

Hasn't Carragher and Gerrard done interviews with that paper as well?? Are they cunts?

I agree.

Phil represented LFC with distinction for thirteen seasons, winning the following in the process:

• Football League First Division: (7) 1972–73, 1975–76, 1976–77, 1978–79, 1979–80, 1981–82, 1982–83

• FA Cup: (1) 1973–74

• Football League Cup: (2) 1980–81, 1981–82

• FA Charity Shield: 1974, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1980, 1982

• European Cup: (3) 1976–77, 1977–78, 1980–81

• UEFA Cup: (2) 1972–73, 1975–76

• UEFA Super Cup: (1) 1977

I think he may know a thing or two.

Thompson 'come on then lads, put your medals on the table'

Fowler 'put your toes on the table'

Still cracks me up.

Thompson is a legend though but he does chat some shit.