You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Suarez Bite

Red Banjo

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh for fucks sake, its not in poor taste at all, this whole thread is mainly about us criticising a large number of twats for over-moralising and faux-outrage, lets not do the same.

I thought it was pretty funny.

It would have been funny if it wasnt for the fact that if Suarez ever decides to take the piss out Evra he will be met with a constant barrage of abuse and all we'll here is that he doesnt have any remorse.

Fuck Evra.

I find Evra reprehensible in everything he says and does.

It's like city hall politics. On paper, there's nothing really you can throw at Evra that would stick. He was a victim of racism, Suarez didnt shake his hand, he was involved in the French team that fell apart, but in all cases he has played the victim with consumate ease. And despite all this, you KNOW that he's a dirty scumbag who has reveled in all of it.

His hand-biting antics were so smalltime. United really are the small people's club. Why do you still regard us as your rivals? We've not won a title in 23 years. That's mental to still be looking over your shoulder at us.

Our number 7 is a dickhead for biting (again) but it could of been worse......imagine if he bit one of their black players! Our superstar obviously has a screw loose but he's one of our sons,we tell him off and punish him when he's naughty but I still love him!

TBH theres something strangely perverse about having a player everybody hates,i wish we had a few more nasty bastards as we may be further up the league.....his will to win (although going OTT sometimes) is something to love and cherish.....you'd be forgiven for thinking he was born in Mill Road hospital and used to mind cars on breck road as a kid.

At the end of the day he has't killed,sexually assaulted or raped anybody.....

and bad publicity is always better than no publicity.......he puts us on news chanels all over the world!

Guest ShoePiss
Our number 7 is a dickhead for biting (again) but it could of been worse......imagine if he bit one of their black players! Our superstar obviously has a screw loose but he's one of our sons,we tell him off and punish him when he's naughty but I still love him!

TBH theres something strangely perverse about having a player everybody hates,i wish we had a few more nasty bastards as we may be further up the league.....his will to win (although going OTT sometimes) is something to love and cherish.....you'd be forgiven for thinking he was born in Mill Road hospital and used to mind cars on breck road as a kid.

At the end of the day he has't killed,sexually assaulted or raped anybody.....

and bad publicity is always better than no publicity.......he puts us on news chanels all over the world!

That's where I was born ha. He let us down but apart from the upcoming ban it's done with now as far as I'm concerned, hope he stays and has another great season with us.

As for the publicity I'd rather we didn't have this to deal with and don't see any positives like you do.

I see Henry winter doing his best to shitstir by actually making shit up. He actually captained Ajax in the next game against Real Madrid after a little nibble back in 2010 but here is Winter's take on it.

Calls for a valuable asset to be sacked are difficult for a club to contemplate then Liverpool should still consider selling Suárez this summer, whatever Ayre’s stance yesterday. Suárez brings goals and trouble and Liverpool must make a proper judgment call.

He never pulled on that famous Ajax shirt again after biting PSV Eindhoven’s Otman Bakkal. Ajax did not appear prepared to gamble on him and Liverpool’s offer was too tempting.

Unfortunately I don't trust anything those running our club say, not a word. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it around this time last year they were saying Kenny's position was safe? If they're thinking of selling Suarez they certainly won't be telling the world about it.

As for his bite, well it was a stupid thing to do, he obviously has these odd moments where he is unable to control himself and does something he shouldn't. But fuck me, the media in this country never fail to exaggerate a story to the point of an unhealthy & hypercritical hysteria if they have the opportunity to do so. Suarez' life on and I suspect off the football pitch is under a constant microscope in this country, they've probably been looking for any indiscretions in his non-footballing life ever since he arrived - and I happily note they've not found anything yet (not for want of trying as hard as they could I would guess) probably because he appears to be a devoted family man - the only stuff they can hang him on then is the footballing stuff. So, particularly ever since Evra's accusation, they've built him up into a massive ugly persona on the pitch, one who cheats, dives, is racist, etc, it's quite astounding the lengths they've gone to to vilify him at every tiny opportunity they can find. You can argue he doesn't always help himself such as when he bites (and he doesn't!), but much of the stuff he is accused of is a result of him having a huge hunger to win. He's no worse 'diver' than many other players, yet he's the one held up as the worst. He doesn't moan more than many other players, yet he is the one highlighted whenever he does. He doesn't throw himself regularly into nasty tackles, yet on the few occasions he mistimes a challenge or appears to make a naughty challenge, negative comments are made about his personality. They have built him up into the number one hate football figure (or at least have tried to) all for the sake of a story. If they can hound him out of the game here, they will always refer back to him with negative tones. I'm hoping he will stick it out and ride out the storm, but I wonder if he will ever have the opportunity to do so with this witch-hunt mentality, especially as he does have that self-destruct button which he presses at random moments on the pitch. The thing is he doesn't do it that often, but it is highlighted by our media EVERY time he does anything, so it feels like he is worse than he is! C'est la vie. I think he can handle it, I suspect those running and financing & sponsoring the club can't.

He is an incredibly gifted player and unfortunately one who finds it hard to control those rare moments of madness. You've got to take him as he is. I hope we get to watch his sublime football for a lot longer yet.

A minimum of 6 I reckon, the media won’t accept less.

I don’t know what’s more soul destroying, the ludicrous reaction in the press or having to watch the sickening charade that is the FA’s faux-judicial disciplinary system deal with it. An “independent” panel, really, how fucking stupid to they think people are. Reminds me of the “telephone” justice system that operates in Russia, where courts in far flung corners of the country wait for the call from Moscow to dictate the verdict and the sentence. He’s committed an offence, the FA has a maximum tariff available to punish that offence. In a genuine system of justice they wouldn’t be able to change that arbitrarily, but they will.

But I did find Suarez’s behaviour disturbing, it suggests to me he gets himself worked up into a level of frustration on a football pitch bordering on despair, and the club needs to find someone to help him straighten himself out. He has to be managed carefully in future as well. I don’t know if there were any warning signs on Sunday but someone from the coaching team should be keeping a close eye on him during games and, at the first sign that he’s losing it, he should be hooked. He’s just too big an asset for the club to take the risk of this happening again. If it does, it will be a season’s ban knowing the FA.

I still seems horribly unjust though, Suarez is going to get deservedly pilloried for this but Rooney can stroll up behind an opponent and elbow him in the side of the head and get away with just a booking because the referee supposedly dealt with the incident on the spot, rendering the FA powerless to act further. Their disciplinary system is a fucking joke.

6 games wouldn't be too bad, although 3 would be just. We've 4 to play and nothing to play for - not counting the bitters, but surely we can muster some kind of effort against them with the players we've got.

We'll know how much of a one-man team we are in a few weeks time. If Luis gets a 6 game ban, he'll miss 2 games at the start of the season. Since he'll be playing in one of those Cups (Confederations?) he'll have a bit more of a rest, which can't hurt.

Lemons, lemonade.

To think that it takes me searching out United's own Gary Neville to see a reasoned response from an English pundit about one of our players incredibly stupid actions.

Makes me wonder if we actually instruct our former players to tow the "party line" now. I mean sure we all know he's going to get banned and we all expect it to be a heavy one especially because of the technicality of the ref having not seen it but when some one of our own is talking up 10 games it's kind of sad. Not to mention as others have said if you break someone's leg in a tackle, even one that looks as intentional as possible you're getting minimal outrage and maybe 4-games at most.

For whatever reason we're the club the media love to shit on in this country and while Suarez is the cause of this incident he's not the cause of the above circumstance because it's been going on far longer than he's been associated with us. Towing the party line and accepting it all with our heads down might be best for the short-term but it's certainly not going to change the fact that when anyone associated with LFC does something "wrong" the media is going to sensationalize it as much as possible and shit on us some more.

Luis Suarez: Liverpool striker accepts FA bite charge

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has accepted a charge of violent conduct from the Football Association for biting Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic and the case will be heard on Wednesday. However, the Uruguay international does not think he should be banned for longer than three games.

The incident happened during Sunday's 2-2 draw between the sides. The FA said the match officials had not seen it during the game at Anfield and it had been "retrospectively reviewed".

A statement read: "Suarez has denied the FA's claim that the standard punishment of three matches is clearly insufficient for this offence. "The incident was not seen by the match officials and has therefore been retrospectively reviewed. An independent regulatory commission will hear the case tomorrow, Wednesday 24 April."

The 26-year-old has apologised for biting the Chelsea defender and spoken to Ivanovic personally to say sorry. Liverpool have fined Suarez but insist he still has a future with the Premier League club. It is not the first time Suarez has been charged with such an offence. He was banned for seven games when he was at Ajax after biting PSV Eindhoven midfielder Otman Bakkal's shoulder during a match in November 2010. During his time at Liverpool, he was also given an eight-match ban and £40,000 fine by the FA for racially abusing Manchester United left-back Patrice Evra in December 2011.

BBC Sport - Luis Suarez: Liverpool striker accepts FA bite charge

I can't see Luis not having the blessing of the club when disputing the charge. He'll still get 5 games I reckon but maybe, just maybe our dispute will mean they won't dish out a more severe punishment.

I notice that there is nothing on the Official website. Just hope we are supporting him here

I love Luis, but taking aside the fact that other players have got away with murder in the past, taking aside the fact the media have been chomping at the bit for Luis to do something crazy and taking aside the Mancs almost control the media, we need to accept that what Luis did on Sunday was a disgrace to himself, his family and the club. He deserves a 7-8 game ban for it, even if guys like Defoe got away scot free for biting in the past.

I just hope that we don't sell the little genius in the summer. I love watching him and I hope that we can build our team around him. His value to us cannot be measured.

I'm not sure what is more embarrassing, a Liverpool player biting an opponent, or some of our support claiming that biting abroad doesn't count, and that it was "only a little bite".

Desperation for the dollar, as opposed to our core values, has reached G&H proportions.