You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

He was manager in one of our most breathtaking footballing season's ever.

No one can take '13/14 away from Rodgers.

I watched us win the title in 1990 playing much more "mediocre" football than the brilliance of 2014.

But, the title's the title.

I find myself clinging to that mediocrity, and taking it far less for granted now than I did at the time.

I'm not denying that both seasons weren't very good because that would be stupid

But, how else would you gauge success except by trophies won?

I guess, if you were that way inclined, you could judge it on how much money is made or how many shirts are sold or the size of the fanbase

I look at trophies won...I'm old fashioned like that

I think it's the word 'failure' that's stopping us from being in complete agreement. I can't argue that success should be judged by how many trophies we win, and for that reason Rodgers had to go. However to call that 13/14 season a failure is unbelievably harsh because you know where we started from and what we were up against. Winning isn't the be all and end all, if it was Gerard would've gone to Chelsea all them years ago.

He was manager in one of our most breathtaking footballing season's ever.

No one can take '13/14 away from Rodgers.

I watched us win the title in 1990 playing much more "mediocre" football than the brilliance of 2014.

But, the title's the title.

I find myself clinging to that mediocrity, and taking it far less for granted now than I did at the time.

Again, it's the unexpected nature of what we did in 13/14 that really took my breath away. I expected us to win the league in 1990, in 2014 it was beyond my wildest expectations.

I'm guessing you've probably got the attention span of a goldfish

I quite enjoyed the season 4 years previous where we beat the Chavs at Stamford Bridge, dicked Real Madrid 5 nil on aggregate and the Mancs 4.1 at their place

Nobody is seriously denying that BR gave us a fabulous season but the fact remains we didn't win anything

You seem to have the reading comprehension of a goldfish.

I remember talking to Eunice Huthhart on an internet chat room in the days of dial-up when I was about 16.  At least she said she was Eunice Huthhart, and I guess you'd have to be a bit deranged to pretend to be her on the internet.  For anyone who's wondering, she sold the jeep because she couldn't afford the insurance. 

It was probably Code.

• Upvote 2

Again, it's the unexpected nature of what we did in 13/14 that really took my breath away. I expected us to win the league in 1990, in 2014 it was beyond my wildest expectations.

What took my breath away was the football we played, led by Suarez.

Not the unexpected nature of it.

I still always expect great things from Liverpool, foolishly, unjustifiably.

It appears that apart from total delusion some of you got plenty of time. 

I could go on and on about the failings but I don't have enough time or interest any more. I would like to point out though that some of you influenced by some specific Journalists, used to give shit to Rafa about the state of the Academy, which had stopped developing talent and producing players for the first team. 

One of FSG's objectives since they arrived was to restore our youth development legacy and that was one of the arguments in favour of BR's appointment.

Yet, I have not seen any of the apologists or the media-mates and those notorious Rafa critics addressing the aspect of the Academy disaster we are witnessing currently. Some of you laughed off as meaningless the departures of Segura et al  a couple seasons ago. 

How many players have been developed/produced by the academy during the FSG and specifically during the +3 BR years? Currently, what are the future prospects of the Academy?

• Upvote 1

NAME: Barry Hunter

ROLE: Chief scout – Looked after Italy for Manchester City and had a number of contacts there. He follows up the recommendations of regional scout. He and Fallows were instrumental in identifying Roberto Firmino from Hoffenheim.

Fuckin hell - Firmino won Breakthrough of the Year in 2013 - some scouting that.