You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

The more he can eek out little mid-table wins inbetween the enevitable bummings to survive the chop until at least wasting another £50/£60m in a transfer window the better. He'll be carted off in a full-on Herbert Lom/Inspector Dreyfuss moment twitching like a mong and screaming about conspiracies by the end.

• Upvote 1

Mate of mine (a manc) was giving it the "squad isn't good enough" shouldn't have won the league last season, he needs another full season to get it right.......... For the first time I had to agree with him (and pray to god that they do give him another three transfer windows)... Oh the joy beholden!

God I hope Palace batter them, spoken like a true bitter about meeting Maradona in Dubai;

"It was great to see him," joked Moyes. "If you are a Scot like me, he is one of our idols!"

I actually like that quote.  The Tartan Army have a Maradonna song don't they?

Good stuff.

I just want United to go out now. They're dead in the league, this would end their season despite inevitable protestations to the contrary.

It would also make Sméagol look an even bigger chump - credit for continually finding another gear in that regard Dave - after his comments that if we could win it they can, and send their season into the sort of limp apathy for something previously engaging that's usually experienced by males puffing on a post-coital cigarette.

United waking up tomorrow to his grim face beaming down at them and wondering if Ferguson spiked their drink appeals to me hugely.

Irrespective of what anyone thinks of Benitez, he broke the El Classico monopoly twice to win La Liga, had already won the UEFA Cup once and has now done so twice with a further Champions League win and defeat in the final to boot, having found ways to beat better teams en route entirely in keeping with his track record.

Not to mention the FA Cup, as aside from being a manager who knows how to beat the best to win trophies, Rafa is a noted master of tactics specifically in European football.

Moyes is a deluded, obnoxious cunt gibbon at the best of times, but even for him that comparison is pretty amazing. Any journalist who didn't openly smirk at that needs to have a chat with themselves.

• Upvote 8

I know the spectre of United still carries a certain mortal fear over Liverpool fans, and there's the thing of writing them off at your peril, but that really was about Ferguson.

Even the aspect of Avram Grant and Di Matteo taking Chelsea to CL finals, I'd argue was about them not contributing a negative effect which actively hampered the team.  They didn't have long histories of mediocrity in English football and a track record of bottling it you could point at. 

Moyes on the other hand, he could make Iceberg Slim feel repellant to women.  They secure a humdrum win over Crystal Palace, and overnight the press want to play their part in this illusion of business as usual in the club's status as potential trophy winners.

United are a Ferrari, but if you take out Michael Schumacher and replace him with Maureen Rees from Driving School, the old rules don't still apply.