You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What do you think?  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• I strongly agree
    • I strongly disagree
    • I agree
    • I disagree
    • I am unsure.

Do you mean the paper, itself?

I'm on the Echo website, just now, mate, and I can't see anything.

james pearce mentions it in his verdict on last night.

great if its in the mirror as well.

about time something was done about this.

Agree, but the ground has to be prepared properly, starting with a formal complaint to them followed by footage and sound of last night. Don't leave any openings for defence or any weasely 'it's just a handful of fans' bullshit argument. Start with a firm, non-negotiable position and proceed from there.

• Upvote 2

Kev, I said this after their shit house display after the game at Anfield. There is no fucking way that parents and family of the 96 should have to sit through their disgusting chants. It is a duty of the club to ban the horrible bastards from Anfield indefinitely.

It's not like it's the minority singing that bile either. There was a large majority of them singing their shit again yesterday. Men in their 40's accompanied by kids singing it. They must be really proud of their Dad's. Fucking scum every one of them. I just don't think we make enough of it. Banning them would bring the publicity that it deserves. If it was the other way around we would have been hung, drawn and quartered for it.

I remember the first time, I read this post.

I hadn't actually considered how much, match- going survivors had a right not to be reminded of a great trauma, because arseholes were intent on being arseholes.

It is fucking obscene, we've let it go on as long as we have.

On the BBC Sport Facebook page now. Cue all the Mancs making lies up saying Liverpool fans were making crashing plane gestures.

I've seen footage of one or two. Alas. Dickheads.

Operation Protect Brand Man Utd PLC is in full effect though. That video of some of our idiots singing Munich songs and bouncing an inflatable plane around from years ago is being circulated and it's being falsely claimed that it was from last night.

Also, exaggerated reports of Munich songs and the equivalent of the whole Main Stand doing plane gestures.

It's damage limitation. The shameless cunts know that everyone is onto them now and there's mass goalpost shifting taking place.

I've seen footage of one or two. Alas. Dickheads.

Operation Protect Brand Man Utd PLC is in full effect though. That video of some of our idiots singing Munich songs and bouncing an inflatable plane around from years ago is being circulated and it's being falsely claimed that it was from last night.

I

Also, exaggerated reports of Munich songs and the equivalent of the whole Main Stand doing plane gestures.

It's damage limitation. The shameless cunts know that everyone is onto them now and there's mass goalpost shifting taking place.

You get a tiny minority and that gives full justification for the majority of their fans to behave like cunts, does it? And respond to the tame Fergie chant with a song about Hillsborough?

There were inevitably some dickheads doing it back. They're just as bad as the mancs and if they were caught on camera then string them up next to them for all I care

What sickens me is that on BT sport it was audible. Clearly audible and wasn't dealt with. Macca could be mentioned it but didn't. I would've loved him to ask wee Scholesy and Rio about it but he didn't. The commentators could've mentioned it. How many services did Owen sit through at Anfield head bowed? Fucking cowards the pair of them.

There was no ambiguity. No defence that it wasn't about Hillsborough. Clear evidence through audio and at the end a hastily cut shot showed a bunch of their fans singing it.

It'll be down to the SOS to raise it but I'd love the club to show balls and put a complaint in officially to United and to UEFA.

Be interesting next week when 50k are doing it. Can they continue to say "some" or "a minority" then?

You get a tiny minority and that gives full justification for the majority of their fans to behave like cunts, does it? And respond to the tame Fergie chant with a song about Hillsborough?

Nope. If you could link me to one of my comments where I've even suggested anything slight like this then I'll be more than happy to continue this discussion.

I'm not defending United. They're cunts. Scummy vile one's at that. But one or two Liverpool fans acted poorly too. Sadly, that gives that shower the chance to over egg the pudding and spin their own narrative to try and justify their shocking behaviour.