You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

Johnson’s going nowhere, even if there’s enough letters sent to the 1922 committee to trigger the no confidence vote he’ll still win it and they know it. 

I think you're probably right, but by what margin. A significant number will damage his authority further. 

There was talk of the 1922 committee changing the rules of when further votes of no confidence could be held, halving the time from 12 to 6 months.

I don't recall this being mooted when May was PM and faced the vote which was defeated by 200 to 117.

I think the 1922 see him as a danger to the party now tbh and are considering shortening the time before he does further damage.

It's the party above all with them.

15 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Johnson’s going nowhere, even if there’s enough letters sent to the 1922 committee to trigger the no confidence vote he’ll still win it and they know it. 

Apparently he has been offering peerages and all sorts in exchange for support

9 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Number 10 have leaked a picture of Boris and Rishi obviously both at a party in number 10. They’re not letting Rishi scramble onto the moral high ground.

I also hear Boris may triggger a vote of no confidence himself, “back me or sack me”. That would make him safe for the may local  elections. 

Negged.

• Upvote 7

33 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I also hear Boris may triggger a vote of no confidence himself, “back me or sack me”. That would make him safe for the may local  elections. 

Fuck sake thats like the millions times I've been in the dog-house with a bird and said "Do you want to break up?" "No" Well drop it then" 

4 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

We're going to end up with Truss, aren't we?

Like May, she'll be the last one standing, emerging like Mr Pink at the end of Reservoir Dogs.

Nah they're all contaminated. My money is on Hunt with May back in the Cabinet. There'll be some 'adults back in charge' messaging.

33 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Fuck sake thats like the millions times I've been in the dog-house with a bird and said "Do you want to break up?" "No" Well drop it then" 

Tory MPs are weighing up the options, if they or he calls a no confidence vote now and he wins it, he’s safe for a year which gets him past the may elections and the met police actions. I think they will wait until May at the earliest unless the met police fine him personally. 

4 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Number 10 have leaked a picture of Boris and Rishi obviously both at a party in number 10. They’re not letting Rishi scramble onto the moral high ground.

Millionaire politicians briefing against each other whilst big chunks of the country worry about how they are going to pay the leccy bill.

What a time to be alive 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

He didn’t turn up for a planned interview with Sophie Raworth on the rebooted Marr show this morning. Part of her Party Leader series of interviews. 

Of course he could have a good excuse, but he does have form for going AWOL when the going gets particularly tough. 

Typical Tory. They don’t like it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

He didn’t turn up for a planned interview with Sophie Raworth on the rebooted Marr show this morning. Part of her Party Leader series of interviews. 

Of course he could have a good excuse, but he does have form for going AWOL when the going gets particularly tough. 

Hides in a fridge to avoid answering a question, swerves the Andrew marr show after his opposite number has been on there and calls said opposition a coward.

There really is no end to the level of his epic cuntry. 

• Upvote 1