You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wanted: Suarez - video proof of diving

Lapskaus

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that article by Bernstein round my mum's earlier (I don't buy the Mail, honest guv), and couldn't believe what I was reading. The idiot starts off by acknowledging that suarez dosen't get the decisions he should from the refs - then goes on to justify this bias from refs by pointing to some stats that 'show' him to be the worst diver (hence crying wolf). These stats, of course, are based on yellow cards for diving he's recieved from the same fucking refs that aren't giving him the decisions the idiot accepts he should get in the first place.

Suarez DOES dive though.

Yes we should have got more decisions our way but he has made some blatant dives this year.

To me 'diving' is when there's no contact at all (see Gareth Bale). I don't recall ever seeing Suarez 'dive' in this context. What he does do sometimes is make more of contact, the same as most players.

What annoys me is that certain others teams players get excuses made in this instance. Examples being the Berbatov penalty against Agger the other year, where the party line seemed to be, 'well there's contact so he's entitled to go down, if you leave your leg in like that you're asking for trouble', even though there was absolute minimal contact, certainly not enough to put someone down.

And when Ronaldo was in his diving heyday at the Mancs, it was always excused with 'well at that speed you only need a slight touch to knock you off balance'.

I saw Goals on Sunday, and Ray Parlour and Rob Lee were saying it's a foreign thing brought in, using the old sterotype, completely failing to mention that some of the worst 'no contact divers' are British.

Its absolutely mental when you stop and think about it.

Suarez probably has gone down a bit easy at times when theres been contact, the exact fucking same as every other player in the league. Theres no point denying it, when theres any sort of contact players go down. It happens, they all do it. End of story.

But Suarez is the only one getting singled out right and getting absolutely fuck all giving to him.

Yet cunts like Welbeck, Young, Valencia and others in the manc brigade have been going down like they've been shot by snipers with no contact whatsoever. This has been going on for years but its been noticeably bad over the past 2 years. Ashley Young last season for example must have done it at least 3/4 times to win penalties.

And this doesn't get highlighted by fucking anyone.

Well Young did get flagged up once or twice but it was nowhere near like the flak Suarez has gotten.

Thats fucking insane, and its not incompetence on the part of journalists and pundits. Its just plain bias in favour of the Mancs that they won't raise the matter. Because its not like they can't fucking notice it.

And that Daily Mail article is a farce, I'd swear its been done deliberately because the shit treatment Suarez is getting is beginning to get highlighted ever so slightly.

Fucking scandalous.

I see a couple on here have claimed they think he dives a fair bit. The point of this thread was getting people like you to show me what you base that on, I'm still waiting.

It seems to me the only videos on this thread so far show situations where he has been wrongly booked.

So does someone know Milankakabaros? We need a compilation showing all the dubious decision since he arrived. It will show that he never did a Balesque or Valenciaesque dive, and can be a useful tool to show tools of other teams the facts, and maybe even the useless mainstream media of England.

Can also someone get a video of all the situations we got yellow cards for diving. It's fucking mindblowing and that newspaper article is a disgrace. If all those decisions are shown to be clearly wrong, is that not enough proof of bias by referees to get some attention in the media and with the FA ? ...probably not but let's try

I saw that article by Bernstein round my mum's earlier (I don't buy the Mail, honest guv), and couldn't believe what I was reading. The idiot starts off by acknowledging that suarez dosen't get the decisions he should from the refs - then goes on to justify this bias from refs by pointing to some stats that 'show' him to be the worst diver (hence crying wolf). These stats, of course, are based on yellow cards for diving he's recieved from the same fucking refs that aren't giving him the decisions the idiot accepts he should get in the first place.

That was my thought when I read the article on line.

I think the man was trying to argue a dichtomous paradox!

Its absolutely mental when you stop and think about it.

Suarez probably has gone down a bit easy at times when theres been contact, the exact fucking same as every other player in the league. Theres no point denying it, when theres any sort of contact players go down. It happens, they all do it. End of story.

But Suarez is the only one getting singled out right and getting absolutely fuck all giving to him.

Yet cunts like Welbeck, Young, Valencia and others in the manc brigade have been going down like they've been shot by snipers with no contact whatsoever. This has been going on for years but its been noticeably bad over the past 2 years. Ashley Young last season for example must have done it at least 3/4 times to win penalties.

And this doesn't get highlighted by fucking anyone.

Well Young did get flagged up once or twice but it was nowhere near like the flak Suarez has gotten.

Thats fucking insane, and its not incompetence on the part of journalists and pundits. Its just plain bias in favour of the Mancs that they won't raise the matter. Because its not like they can't fucking notice it.

And that Daily Mail article is a farce, I'd swear its been done deliberately because the shit treatment Suarez is getting is beginning to get highlighted ever so slightly.

Fucking scandalous.

Good post.

Players make the most of minimal contact because you get fuck all if you stay on your feet.

You don't get penalties unless you end up on the deck. There is no incentive to not go down.

Sorry if it has already been posted, but just stumbled across this article via the BBC gossip page. From the Fail unfortunately. Its partially relevant, I guess.

It's not right! Biased referees give privileges to the English players, says Aguero

By Sam Cunningham and Matt Barlow

Sergio Aguero has accused Barclays Premier League referees of anti-foreigner bias when it comes to spotting divers.

The Manchester City striker is convinced that imports are more likely to get a raw deal over penalty appeals.

‘We just play our game and the referee’s job is to know who is tricking him and who is not,’ said Aguero. ‘There is a little bit of privilege with players who come from this country. Here in England, there are almost as many foreign players as English players and it’s not right that some have a privilege that others don’t.

‘If they do, it’s not good for anyone.’

Aguero spoke out after City team-mates Carlos Tevez and Pablo Zabaleta were denied penalties by referee Mark Halsey in Saturday’s 2-1 win at Fulham.However, Halsey did point to the spot after judging John Arne Riise was fouled by Zabaleta — a decision which also angered the City camp, who felt that he went down far too easily.

Aguero added: ‘I try not to get involved with problems involving referees. There will always be mistakes for any team and here he got the decision (on the Fulham penalty) wrong.’

There was also another diving row on Saturday involving Chelsea — 10 days after Stoke manager Tony Pulis reacted angrily when Branislav Ivanovic escaped punishment for going to ground.

This time Chelsea’s Roberto Di Matteo was forced to defend David Luiz, who was booked for a dive at Arsenal.

Home manager Arsene Wenger insisted: ‘It is the job of referees to stop them. It’s not my job. The referees have to punish them.

‘They did it, but it took some time for them to do it.’

Di Matteo insisted he did not approve of diving or encourage it.

‘I am against diving, absolutely,’ said the Chelsea manager. ‘It’s something we should eradicate from the game. It’s probably not easy but if there’s anything that can be done we are for it. It’s probably complicated.

‘We’ve been trying to get goal-line video technology introduced and it has taken years.’

He also suspects Chelsea are already suffering a backlash from this reputation for diving, having been denied penalties against Juventus and Queens Park Rangers.

Fernando Torres had a strong claim for a penalty ignored at the Emirates, where the most blatant dive of the day was committed by Carl Jenkinson.

The young Arsenal full back threw himself down as he ran past Ashley Cole in the second half, trying to thrust a foot towards the Chelsea defender as he did so.

‘To be prejudiced on players is wrong,’ said Di Matteo. ‘We haven’t been given penalties at QPR and probably one against Juventus.

‘David Luiz went down but he didn’t appeal for anything. Sometimes they happen, sometimes they don’t, but he wasn’t appealing for anything.’

As far as Saturday's penalty shout goes, I'd have had more respect for Mike Jones' reffing ability if he had simply yellow-carded Suarez for simulation.

Not saying for a minute that it would have been the right call, as it obviously was a foul, but it would have been A decision of some form. The worrying part is that his non-decision simply showed that he is hopelessly incompetent, shockingly biased or both in that instance.

I mean, can there be any middle ground in what occurred, as the lack of decision was basically trying to suggest? Contact from behind, even if slight and especially when it is first made to Suarez's leg, is a penalty everyday of the week. Either that or Suarez has simply fallen over, ie yellow for simulation.

No middle ground for me and the non-decision was a shocker.

Hansen was spot on last night, the real problem is the CHEATS who kick fuck out of him and then go running to the ref with faux outrage yelling that he dived. Vermin.

Absolutely. I was totally blown away at those Norwich cunts calling for a diving call on Suarez when he got steamrolled/elbowed from behind.

Was just thinking, maybe the defender that elbowed Suarez could or should face disciplinary action for the elbow, after all the video evidence is there,and is a deliberate elbow, chopping down on Suarez's neck the way he did, any less dangerous than say a punch.That elbow was certainly deliberate, and must have hurt.Perhaps the club could highlight it, may prevent re-occurrences in the future.

I can't beleive people are actually trying to pretend that they've never seen him dive and that they need video evidence before they'll entertain the idea.

Fucking grow up will you

Of course he dives, he's one of the worst in the game for it, there are countless examples. He dived before he came here and he will be diving when he fucks off somewhere else afterwards. He's no worse than Ashley Young, Ronaldo, etc. but he 'looks for penalties', 'goes down too easily' or any of the other gay cliches you want to use to dress it up nicely and make you feel better about it.

Suarez dives (just like most other pro footballers) get over it. If he played for anyone else we'd crucify him for it but he plays for us so we love him regardless. Doesnt mean you need to pretend it doesn't happen, because that just makes you look very stupid.

I can't beleive people are actually trying to pretend that they've never seen him dive and that they need video evidence before they'll entertain the idea.

Fucking grow up will you

Of course he dives, he's one of the worst in the game for it, there are countless examples. He dived before he came here and he will be diving when he fucks off somewhere else afterwards. He's no worse than Ashley Young, Ronaldo, etc. but he 'looks for penalties', 'goes down too easily' or any of the other gay cliches you want to use to dress it up nicely and make you feel better about it.

Suarez dives (just like most other pro footballers) get over it. If he played for anyone else we'd crucify him for it but he plays for us so we love him regardless. Doesnt mean you need to pretend it doesn't happen, because that just makes you look very stupid.

Goes down easily when touched, yes. Looks for contact, yes. Dives without either, cant remember seeing it but you may enlighten me.

I'm hopeful the comments of Hansen of satdee might start to correct the balance.

Then why the witch hunt against him and him alone?

I didnt hear anything except admiration from the commentators when Shane Long did his business in the opening game, nothing about Valencia's flop, even Young's blatant diving last season hasnt caused the fuss that Suarez has, for legitimate penalty calls.

I cant believe people call themselves fans and arent worried that we might possibly lose our best player to injury at this rate, given that defenders are allowed to constantly kick the shit out of him.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Goes down easily when touched' date=' yes. Looks for contact, yes. Dives without either, cant remember seeing it but you may enlighten me.

I'm hopeful the comments of Hansen of satdee might start to correct the balance.[/quote']

If he's such a massive diver, it'll be easy to put together a video of 20/30/40 blatant dives.

Then why the witch hunt against him and him alone?

I didnt hear anything except admiration from the commentators when Shane Long did his business in the opening game, nothing about Valencia's flop, even Young's blatant diving last season hasnt caused the fuss that Suarez has, for legitimate penalty calls.

I cant believe people call themselves fans and arent worried that we might possibly lose our best player to injury at this rate, given that defenders are allowed to constantly kick the shit out of him.

Because that red nosed cunt said so.

Guest davelfc

He's a very talented footballer, one that other teams would love to have playing for them. Sure he comes with a little baggage, he's passionate about the game and gives everything.

He scares other fans because of his talent and he answered the boo boys in the perfect way by scoring three and setting up another on Saturday.

But there are now more incidents of him not getting penalties he deserves than him diving, although I'll admit I'm struggling to remember any incidents where he has actually dived. Maybe a few times he's gone down easily but in a manc shirt they would all probably have been given anyway.

Bacon face basically called him a diver, since that and the evra incident he's got nothing from refs. The reason we are so angry is that it is so well known that he will get nothing that he's the victim of assault by thugs on the pitch every week now and they protest their innocence, oh he's dived again.

It stinks and want to see that norwich defender punished, but of course that isn't going to happen is it?

I only hope this starts to work in our favour, these arseholes that officiate the games, they watch replays, they watch football on tv. The ref from Saturday will by now know he's made a huge mistake. When Halsey stops crying he will see that he made a mistake, so will Atkinson and well I could go on. The trick is these pricks need to learn from their mistakes, see that he's being targeted for assault and protect him.

Unfortunately they won't because as I said, they're pricks and so are the other two seemingly blind clowns that run the lines for them. I mean their boss is basically one of the most incompetent, manc loving pricks that ever officiated, Riley. The man that stood there and took abuse from Ashley Cole and like the cowardly shit that he is, didn't red card him for it. Remind me who did get the red for that kind of abuse in the end?

If players don't get decisions based on reputation can someone explain how Ashley Young still gets pens everytime he hits the ground.

The badge on ManU shirts triggers the buzzer on a Premier League referee's arm whenever it comes into contact with the ground, thereby informing the referee that the wearer must have been impeded.

I checked all his yellow cards from the start of last season. I could only find the one against Villa at home last season and the one against Sunderland where he was cautioned for diving (neither of them were correct).

Other than that he has received two more this season (neither for diving) and he got four more last season (Wigan (H), Spurs (H&A) and Stoke (A). None from diving.)

I might not have found all of his cautions, I did not look through every game from last season but from statistics I found he only received five yellows last season and those five I have found.

If I am correct, that statistics isn't correct. Considering that the two situations that he did get a yellow for diving wasn't dives, it just shows how ridiculous it is to use that statistic to imply that it is Suarez' own fault that he doesn't get the penalties he deserves.