You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers Thread

mht1892

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins says no approach has been made by Liverpool to speak to manager Brendan Rodgers.

BBC Sport - Swansea dismiss Brendan Rodgers to Liverpool speculation

I like that Gylfi but apparently he has signed a deal this morning to join Swansea, maybe Rodgers has been clever and used it to make Swansea show their intentions to compete.

I want Rafa back, but it aint happening is it...

I am warming towards the idea of Rodgers. The type of football he stands for and how serious he is about his career as a manager/coach, constantly looking to develop and learn.

I think it would be a progressive appointment, quite like Rafa, Mourinho and Klopp were for Valencia, Porto and Dortmund. Not saying it would turn out as great, it is abit of a gamble.

I want Rafa back, but it aint happening is it...

I am warming towards the idea of Rodgers. The type of football he stands for and how serious he is about his career as a manager/coach, constantly looking to develop and learn.

I think it would be a progressive appointment, quite like Rafa, Mourinho and Klopp were for Valencia, Porto and Dortmund. Not saying it would turn out as great, it is abit of a gamble.

Think you're gonna be disappointed. I can only see Martinez getting it. Seeing as how we haven't even been given permission to speak to rogers i don't see how its going to happen. Plus i still think he will be a one season wonder. Swansea won't have it so straight forward next season, the same as newcastle. Teams will treat them differently next season.

The Swansea board seemed fed up enough to release a statement, it seems we have been briefing off the record to the papers that we have interest in Rodgers. However we have not followed this up with a formal request to speak to him.

Are we using this as leverage with Martinez, seems like it. If you don't agree to what we want, there are plenty more average managers we can go after. I guess if we can't agree terms with Martinez we will spin it as Rodgers was the man we wanted all along.

Come in to 4/6 in the betting, feller from BBC North West tonight saying he believes we are closing in on a deal with him.

Most bookies have him at 1/2 some go 1/3 or 1/4.

A couple have still at 4/7.

The odds he is showing says either Swansea arnt being truthful or Rodgers is sending out come and get me pleas.

Think you're gonna be disappointed. I can only see Martinez getting it. Seeing as how we haven't even been given permission to speak to rogers i don't see how its going to happen. Plus i still think he will be a one season wonder. Swansea won't have it so straight forward next season, the same as newcastle. Teams will treat them differently next season.

Oh i agree regarding Swansea and Newcastle. I dont think Rodgers is a one season wonder though, i think he'll go on to be a great manager, seem to have the head for it. It might be too soon for him at a big club, however i'd take him over Martinez, that's for sure.

The Swansea board seemed fed up enough to release a statement, it seems we have been briefing off the record to the papers that we have interest in Rodgers. However we have not followed this up with a formal request to speak to him.

Are we using this as leverage with Martinez, seems like it. If you don't agree to what we want, there are plenty more .......

A shrewd call.

There is nothing like stoking up a bit of competition between the managers of Swansea and Wigan to get them interested in the Liverpool manager's job is there?

Oh i agree regarding Swansea and Newcastle. I dont think Rodgers is a one season wonder though, i think he'll go on to be a great manager, seem to have the head for it. It might be too soon for him at a big club, however i'd take him over Martinez, that's for sure.

We'll know a lot more this season thats for sure. Last season they were a surprise, like newcastle. Now everyone has more respect for them and know what they are about, lets see how they get on this season. If they continue to do well then fair enough. But ive seen too many players and managers have one good season and then flop the next to see him as the second coming yet.

The odds could be a chain reaction stemming from someone who's heard something. Or alot of people thought the odds reflected good value as to what has been said in the press. Does not mean anything really.

Maybe but I would say its mor to do with people at Swansea and here who knew about this.

Swansea City manager Brendan Rodgers cuts short US trip to meet club about possible move to Liverpool - Telegraph

Not sure it would be for Dirk. He wouldn't be playing right wing ever again though.

Realistically that should be one of the interview questions. If the interviewee suggests Dirk is an option at RM the interview should be abruptly ended.