You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PFA Union representative Gordon Taylor

grahamlfc

PFA Union representative Gordon Taylor, a true fat cat who earns a salary of £450,000 per year and the highest paid union official in this country, condemned Luis Suarez almost from the onset, even though he is supposed to represent ALL professional footballers in this country.

What many people do not know is that Taylor is also a boyhood Manchester United supporter and also a personal friend of United manager Ferguson & former PFA Union representative Gary Neville. Hardly going to represent Suarez in the correct manner was he??

Liverpool FC have been well & truly shafted from a great height by a kangaroo court who convicted Suarez on the grounds of probability.

It is now imperative the LFC heirarchy employ a top legal brain, in case any other issues arise in the future, and not be represented by some small time legal non-entity that resulted in LFC losing the Suarez case almost from the word go.

What many people do not know is that Taylor is also a boyhood Manchester United supporter and also a personal friend of United manager Ferguson & former PFA Union representative Gary Neville. Hardly going to represent Suarez in the correct manner was he?

Both Neville brothers are members of the management committee.

What does the PFA do? It's a nothing entity. If we were still in the days of tuppence ha'peny wages, jumpers for goalposts and our best players getting the bus home after the match with the fans - while the Directors enjoyed cigars and brandy in the boardroom as they counted their money - then fair enough, let's have a PFA. Under those circumstances the players would need an organization to fight for them and represent their needs and help them to get a fair shake.

The PFA is an anachronism of a bygone era. Gordon Taylor is the luckiest man in football. 450K a year for what exactly? Go away!

It is now imperative the LFC heirarchy employ a top legal brain, in case any other issues arise in the future, and not be represented by some small time legal non-entity that resulted in LFC losing the Suarez case almost from the word go.

Stevie G or Harry's brief please.

Your point about Taylor's history is well made. But we were incredibly ill-advised not to accept his offer of mediation prior to the FA hearing.

Posted this elsewhere but I'll repeat it anytime

Gordon Taylor is so far up Slur's arse that he has turned into a hemmorhoid competing for space with Bruce, Webb, Shreeves and all the other piles. Except he keeps emitting little farts of noise instead of words. He should be scratched until he bleeds painfully

Look at the way Taylor carries himself, the way he speaks. He sounds like a snake speaking English. He's got something dark and damaging in his background, I'd wager. We just need to find out what it is and drag it, kicking and screaming, into the light.

Stevie G or Harry's brief please.

Your point about Taylor's history is well made. But we were incredibly ill-advised not to accept his offer of mediation prior to the FA hearing.

Yep lost any support we were likely to get from the PFA when we told them to piss off.

I have no idea what the role of the organisation is or what he is meant to do. In what kind of other professional association would its leader/spokesperson stand up and publicly castigate individual members?

He really is enjoying all of this. Strikes me he doesn't have a fucking clue

How dare this asshole talk about ethics in football. He was paid £700000 by News International to keep quiet about his phone being hacked. Is it ethical to be paid a small fortune to be, an albeit legal, part of a criminal cover-up? I can't believe he doesn't get called out on this anytime he has the impudence to utter his guff into a camera.

LFC employed the legal firm used by the PL. The whole thing has been a PR disaster but I'm not sure how much we can blame on the lawyers. Apparently, a good deal of our defence was not referenced in the 115 page document produced to explain the commission's decision. That document exists to support the decision rather than give a balanced view of what happened.

What I would like to see now is a succinct document, available on the interweb thingy, that paints the background, Fergie's agenda and what happened from LFC's perspective so I can send it to the great unwashed who are quite happy to believe what our lazy journos print without any great questioning.

I am not the man to do this but I'm sure there are a number on here who are.

You know how you can take a shit and flush perfectly satisfactorily a hundred times but then for no obvious reason the next time you do it a turd will come bobbing back to the top? The phenomenon is known in scientific circles as Taylor's Law.