You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Havent Marca started their campaign with made up quotes and what not, for Van Persie ?

God knows why Madrid would want him though, it's not like they are struggling for options up front. Ronaldo, Benzema, Higuain and Callejon. Ridiculous.

Much more likely to go to Barca, big Dutch encampment. Plus Arsenal are addicted to selling to Barca.

In fact, they could sell Villa to City or Chelsea for £50m, and then buy Van Persie AND Sneijder with that.

I'm not that arsed about Van Persie myself, I think he's just had a proper purple patch of a year and you'd be a loon to think you'd buy a year like that out of him again. Reminds me of Diego Milito, massive today, mediocre again next year. Good player Van Persie, lovely player, but he's an injury waiting to happen, he hasn't got the tricks and pace to destroy a team on his own like a Ronaldo, or Tevez, or Rooney (et al). Reminds me of Dzeko, a 15 goal a season man.

Much more likely to go to Barca, big Dutch encampment. Plus Arsenal are addicted to selling to Barca.

In fact, they could sell Villa to City or Chelsea for £50m, and then buy Van Persie AND Sneijder with that.

I'm not that arsed about Van Persie myself, I think he's just had a proper purple patch of a year and you'd be a loon to think you'd buy a year like that out of him again. Reminds me of Diego Milito, massive today, mediocre again next year. Good player Van Persie, lovely player, but he's an injury waiting to happen, he hasn't got the tricks and pace to destroy a team on his own like a Ronaldo, or Tevez, or Rooney (et al). Reminds me of Dzeko, a 15 goal a season man.

Barca have moved away quite abit from their Dutch ties over the last few years though.

Dont think Chelsea or City would be crazy enough to pay 50 million for Villa. Just broken his leg and is turning 31 this year, reckon he'll go for 15-20 million tops, if he leaves...

As for Van Persie, i kind of agree. He's scored shitloads this season, but dont see him as a player to have the same impact on games like the ones you mentioned.

Havent Marca started their campaign with made up quotes and what not, for Van Persie ?

God knows why Madrid would want him though, it's not like they are struggling for options up front. Ronaldo, Benzema, Higuain and Callejon. Ridiculous.

if they do sign a big name striker we have got to be in for Higuain

Number of Dutch players in current Barcelona squad: zero.

But look at the marquee Dutch signings through recent time, Kluivert, Overmars, Koeman, Davids, Van Bommel, De Boer, Cocu, Van Bronkhorst, I think thats it? No, Reiziger, he was shit.

They're only really missing Robben, Bergkamp, Sneijder, Rijkaard (later Barca manager) and Gullit, to have the full set.

• 3 weeks later...
Pogrebnyak is quality and always has been..... bit suprised to see Fulham get him but not suprised hes doing well ......... hes on loan isn't he ? so fucking frustrating why we cant weed these deals out ...

They bought him for £3million