You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anyway, regardless what your views are on the last question above, I can assure you that a non-Zionist jew is someone I would welcome in my life as a friend and brother. 

Someone like Ilan Pappe can even have my house if he wants to. I’d even vote for him as village Mokhtar if he runs as a candidate. No issues with him or his religion.

1 hour ago, Strontium said:

It's not a case of not wanting to, but the search function only works on posts, it can't search Twitter posts within posts.

I will try later if I have time, but it's a pretty rum do that my words aren't taken at face value.

Repped for "rum do". I need to use it more often.

43 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Here's the Khazar conspiracy stuff, November 24th. You actually quoted his post three posts after.

9E91B638-6CE8-4B86-A6B5-ECFE5D718766.jpeg

So it wasn't his words then. Cheers!

Because your words "Zionists (Not Jews) are mostly European immigrants to Palestine" 

3 minutes ago, Jurgen Knows said:

Interesting. So if let’s say an Indian person converts from Hinduism to Judaism … would he still not be considered a jew? A bit racist that no?

In my understanding of religion, where you come from doesn’t prevent you from joining.

Because we're not talking about something as wishy-washy as religion, but a person's ethnic background.

Sure a Hindu person could convert to Judaism, but it wouldn't make him an ethnic Jew, any more than Kevin Costner would become a Native American after being adopted into the Sioux tribe in Dances With Wolves. There's no changing someone's DNA.

The overwhelming majority of Jewish people are ethnic Jews, which means they have an ancestral connection to the disputed region.

It's pretty obvious that your game here is to try and deny any historic link between Jews - oh, sorry, "Zionists" - and the land, because you want the land for yourself, as you said on October 21st "the land is ours".

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

So it wasn't his words then. Cheers!

Because your words "Zionists (Not Jews) are mostly European immigrants to Palestine" 

I did say that zionists in Palestine are mostly European immigrants. That doesn’t mean they are not jews. Don’t conflate zionist and jew.

Non-zionist jews have lived in peace with the Arabs in Palestine for ages. The trouble started when the zionists came.

Zionism is a political movement. Criticizing it is not a slur on judaism.

6 minutes ago, Jurgen Knows said:

I did say that zionists in Palestine are mostly European immigrants. That doesn’t mean they are not jews. Don’t conflate zionist and jew.

Non-zionist jews have lived in peace with the Arabs in Palestine for ages. The trouble started when the zionists came.

Zionism is a political movement. Criticizing it is not a slur on judaism.

I forget all the time, anti-semitism gets shouted at anything all the time so I never know what is and isn't. Oh actually I do but oh well. 

14 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Because we're not talking about something as wishy-washy as religion, but a person's ethnic background.

You accused me of saying that jews are not jews. That was a lie. 

Sure a Hindu person could convert to Judaism, but it wouldn't make him an ethnic Jew, any more than Kevin Costner would become a Native American after being adopted into the Sioux tribe in Dances With Wolves. There's no changing someone's DNA.

So saying Kevin Costner is not a Native American would be racist? Of course not.

Thank you. I rest my case.

The overwhelming majority of Jewish people are ethnic Jews, which means they have an ancestral connection to the disputed region.

That’s not what the study says. You can dispute the study if you like, but you cannot accuse me of racism based on posting a link to it.

It's pretty obvious that your game here is to try and deny any historic link between Jews - oh, sorry, "Zionists" - and the land, because you want the land for yourself, as you said on October 21st "the land is ours".

Yes. The land is ours as Palestinians of all religions. Non-zionist Jews are welcome to live with us as brothers and neighbors. Even the ones coming from Europe.

Zionists who want to kill us and ethnically cleanse us are not welcome by all of us (Muslim, Christian and Jew).

I hope that clarifies it.

Cheers!

1 minute ago, Jurgen Knows said:

So saying Kevin Costner is not a Native American would be racist?

Thank you. I rest my case.

That’s not what the study says. You can dispute the study if you like, but you cannot accuse me of racism based on posting a link to it.

Yes. The land is ours as Palestinians of all religions. Non-zionist Jews are welcome to live with us as brothers and neighbors. Even the ones coming from Europe.

Zionists who want to kill us and ethnically cleanse us are not welcome by all of us (Muslim, Christian and Jew).

I hope that clarifies it.

Cheers!

Hang on, you're Palestinian now? 

2 minutes ago, Jurgen Knows said:

Lebanese, but the border was drawn by British and French guys in 1943. Before that we were all one people. I feel free to speak for my Palestinian brothers.

Aah, a bit like me siding with the Scots when I watch Braveheart despite being born in England. Got ya. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Jurgen Knows said:

Actually it was completely true, "zionists in Palestine are mostly European immigrants" is what you said, your exact words, and it's clear that you're referring to returning Jews, because those are the only "Zionists in Palestine".

No Jew, whether Zionist or not, is European or Mongolian or Turkish or whatever other bullshit antisemite theory you want to invoke, because JEWS ARE FROM THE MIDDLE EAST.

The land is ours as Palestinians of all religions. Non-zionist Jews are welcome to live with us as brothers and neighbors. Even the ones coming from Europe.

Sorry, who the fuck are you to say who is and isn't welcome on Jewish land?

How many Jews live with you as "brothers and neighbours" in Lebanon?

37 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Actually it was completely true, "zionists in Palestine are mostly European immigrants" is what you said, your exact words, and it's clear that you're referring to returning Jews, because those are the only "Zionists in Palestine".

I’m referring to zionists. I’m not referring to all Jews. I made myself very clear. What goes inside your head is not my business.

No Jew, whether Zionist or not, is European or Mongolian or Turkish or whatever other bullshit antisemite theory you want to invoke, because JEWS ARE FROM THE MIDDLE EAST.

Semite jews are certainly from the Middle East. No one disputed that. The study was about non-semite jews. 

Sorry, who the fuck are you to say who is and isn't welcome on Jewish land?

The landlord Palestinian people (of all religions including jew).

How many Jews live with you as "brothers and neighbours" in Lebanon?

Educate yourself. Make an effort to compare pre-zionist and post-zionist eras.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_in_Lebanon

image.png

image.png

image.png

Unfortunately the 1947-48 zionist project of ethnic cleansing in Palestine (read Ilan Pappe: The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine) meant that centuries of peaceful coexistence came to an end as extremists won the day. As always, the zionist project promoted the conflation of jew and zionist identities to spread hatred everywhere and achieve its purposes.

image.png

1 hour ago, Jurgen Knows said:

The study was about non-semite jews. 

THERE'S. NO. SUCH. THING.

This is exactly why all this garbage is in the racism thread. Denying the semitic, Levantine origins of diaspora Jews, and I don't give a shit which ones you're talking about, Zionist, non-Zionist, antidiestablishmentarian, whatever. Jews are Jews.

The landlord Palestinian people (of all religions including jew).

You're an absolute fantasist. No wonder half the people who agree with you on this have you on ignore.

I'm not going with this "Zionism is evil" routine.  The basic definition of Zionism is the political belief in a Jewish homeland: i.e. that the state of Israel has a right to exist.  You shouldn't conflate belief in a Jewish homeland with the genocidal intent of the current government of psychopaths.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Muslim fella has been arrested in Golders Green for apparently trying to attack some Jewish people with a knife, nobody hurt thankfully. 

The world is truly on fire. 

The ramifications of gaza are gonna be felt for years to come 

3 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I'm not going with this "Zionism is evil" routine.  The basic definition of Zionism is the political belief in a Jewish homeland: i.e. that the state of Israel has a right to exist.  You shouldn't conflate belief in a Jewish homeland with the genocidal intent of the current government of psychopaths.

Semantics. Call it whatever you want. The name doesn’t change the reality that it is a political movement, not a religion. 

Being anti-[insert whatever name of zionist politics you want to use here] is being against a political movement.

Religion and ethnicity have nothing to fo with being anti-[insert whatever name of zionist politics you want to use here].

3 hours ago, Strontium said:

THERE'S. NO. SUCH. THING.

There is.

As explained above, in the example of the Indian person who converts from Hinduism to Judaism. He’d be a non-semite jew.

Judaism is a religion.

Semitism is an ethnicity.

Religion is not ethnicity. No matter how many CAPS you use.

This is exactly why all this garbage is in the racism thread. Denying the semitic, Levantine origins of diaspora Jews, and I don't give a shit which ones you're talking about, Zionist, non-Zionist, antidiestablishmentarian, whatever. Jews are Jews.

No one is denying that many diaspora jews are semite. The study doesn’t make that claim. It’s only in your head - an excuse to conflate and confuse.

You're an absolute fantasist. No wonder half the people who agree with you on this have you on ignore.

I’m a horrible, horrible cunt.

But I speak the truth.

4 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Read this book. The author is a jewish hero.

It describes the ethnic cleansing of Palestine in 1947-8 by the zionist political movement. In full detail. That was 75 years ago, not the current one..

image.png

On 16/08/2023 at 11:32, Gnasher said:

Who is he? I thought Sipper was against the posting of random twitter accounts. Unless the purpose of the post is to aim a dog at the left wing journalists at Novara media such as Ash Sakar. I like to see the evidence of her liking anti semitic content tbh.

David Miller  Here he is again. David Miller. He's just won his court case.  Been wondering where I'd heard the name before, it was here.Glad I wasn't libelous towards him  

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2024/feb/05/uk-professor-suffered-discrimination-due-to-anti-zionist-beliefs-tribunal-rules

On 16/08/2023 at 12:36, Strontium said:

Memory issues, Gnash? David Miller is one of the 'stars' of that Oh Jeremy Corbyn movie whose cancellation at Glastonbury you were very much opposed to not two months ago.

I remember. This fella.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2024/feb/05/uk-professor-suffered-discrimination-due-to-anti-zionist-beliefs-tribunal-rules

As for that film I still haven't seen it and nor do I intend to. 

• 3 weeks later...

Article on the Mail yesterday about Amy Whinehouse's Star of David necklace on her statue being changed to a Palestine flag. Comments section full of outrage. 

Today an article about a Brock followed by a pigs head thrown through a Muslim families window. Comments section full of bile about guess who..... the victims. 

Anti-Semitism is a big problem in the UK though and fuck Islamophobia. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Article on the Mail yesterday about Amy Whinehouse's Star of David necklace on her statue being changed to a Palestine flag. Comments section full of outrage. 

Today an article about a Brock followed by a pigs head thrown through a Muslim families window. Comments section full of bile about guess who..... the victims. 

Anti-Semitism is a big problem in the UK though and fuck Islamophobia. 

That Winehouse thing was disappointing to see. Given her character, you’d imagine that she’d actually be against the mass slaughter of Palestinians if she was still around. 

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

That Winehouse thing was disappointing to see. Given her character, you’d imagine that she’d actually be against the mass slaughter of Palestinians if she was still around. 

wasnt it just a necklace or something?