You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gigs 2012

Sugar Ape

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Radiohead

July 6th, Wuhlheide Berlin. That's one day after my birthday.

And the last time I saw them there was on 9/11 2001. True story.

Any significance in the date - 9th November?

Never been to one, never really been fussed about them but would pay a lot of money if I had it to see The Black Keys.
I got one of the last tickets going for their tour, would have sorely tempted my anti-tout resolve had they not been available.

Thought I'd quoted Unrighteous, anyway people go to gigs for the energy, atmosphere, to listen to live versions which are often different from CD, to dance somewhere that isn't a sticky floored nightclub, to smash in hysterical horny fans, see people they idolise & enjoy their performance, that kind of thing.

• 3 weeks later...
Black Keys in a month at Nottingham

Derren Brown in MK in March - neither comedy nor music though

Hopefully some awesome shows in Vegas in March too

This is the set list they've been playing on their European tour so far Remmie, you listened to El Camino yet?

1.Howlin' For You

2.Next Girl

3.Run Right Back

4.Strange Times

5.Gold on the Ceiling

6.Thickfreakness

7.Girl Is On My Mind

8.I'll Be Your Man

9.Your Touch

10.Little Black Submarines

11.Money Maker

12.Sister

13.Nova Baby

14.Ten Cent Pistol

15.Same Old Thing

16.Tighten Up

17.Lonely Boy

Encore:

18.Everlasting Light

19.She's Long Gone

20.I Got Mine

This is the set list they've been playing on their European tour so far Remmie, you listened to El Camino yet?
Loving that set list hope they play that.

I have been hammering El Camino, probably listening to it too much. Great album, if there are any stand outs I'd say Little Black Submarines, Nova Baby and Sister. Oh and Dead and Gone! Really can't wait, they are my favourite band at the moment.

Loving that set list hope they play that.

I have been hammering El Camino, probably listening to it too much. Great album, if there are any stand outs I'd say Little Black Submarines, Nova Baby and Sister. Oh and Dead and Gone! Really can't wait, they are my favourite band at the moment.

Yep, I'll be made up if they play that, they've played it on every gig recently so chances are good.

I've hammered El Camino too, Nova Baby is the stand out track for me. Mind Eraser is top quality too. Been listening to Brothers the last week and going backward from there up until the gig. Can't wait!

Yep, I'll be made up if they play that, they've played it on every gig recently so chances are good.

I've hammered El Camino too, Nova Baby is the stand out track for me. Mind Eraser is top quality too. Been listening to Brothers the last week and going backward from there up until the gig. Can't wait!

Yeah I'm a little bit late on the scene with Black Keys and have only listened to Attack & Release, Brothers, El Camino & Keep it hid (Dan Auerbach's solo album) so need to get into the older stuff and Blakrok too.

Have you seen this video for Howlin' for you, it's freakin' ace:

[YOUTUBE]TLSpj7q6_mM[/YOUTUBE]

I'm pretty sure god would consider it a sin not to glorify that ass!

Actually, I will be a bit gutted if they don't do any of 'The only one', 'unknown brother', 'Things ain't like they used to be', 'All you ever wanted' & 'Never gonna give you up' but I guess fans of their earlier stuff will probably feel even more miffed!

How were they Rem? Did they play that setlist? There is a review in the Guardian, but it doesn't go into much detail.

The Black Keys – review | Music | The Guardian

Yeah it was that setlist, though I am certain they didn't play Sister, can't for the life of me think what they did instead.

It was excellent, will definitely look into seeing them again at the next opportunity, though sitting for them sucked a bit, are you standing or sitting?

Yeah it was that setlist, though I am certain they didn't play Sister, can't for the life of me think what they did instead.

It was excellent, will definitely look into seeing them again at the next opportunity, though sitting for them sucked a bit, are you standing or sitting?

Sitting, it was virtually sold out when I got my tickets so I'm up in the heavens somewhere. Can't wait now!

Sitting, it was virtually sold out when I got my tickets so I'm up in the heavens somewhere. Can't wait now!
Yeah same for me, I fancied an excuse to go back to Scotland and searched gigs of my favourite bands. Nothing going in Scotland but as soon as I saw Black Keys in UK I got tickets straight away and it was some of the few available.

Guest ShoePiss

A band called Little Hurricane this Friday, they're on their first tour and the tickets got $0.94 each! Then at the end of the month I'll be seeing Cold War Kids who are superb live, this will be the 4th time I've seen them I think.

• 4 weeks later...

Thought they were brilliant Rem. Fantastic gig, the whole audience was spellbound. They didn't play Sister at the Manchester gig either, think Strange Times replaced it. I'll definitely be looking to see them next time they tour.

Saw Noel Gallagher since then in the MEN, and again, it was a great gig. Good atmosphere and plenty of Oasis favourites thrown in. Haven't got anything lined up now until June, when I've got Coldplay, Bruce Springsteen and The Stone Roses all within 2 and a half weeks of each other.

I am considering going to see Glenn Tilbrook ( of Squeeze fame ) in St.Helens on the 10th May. Love Squeeze and he should be doing a few of their songs and some of his own material. Tickets are only £16.

Glenn Tilbrook & Nine Below Zero - Concert in St Helens, St Helens - Citadel

I went to see Rammstein at the MEN last Thursday, I'd never seen them before, fuck me they were ace and put on one of the best shows I have ever seen. It was a freebie through work too, in a executive box, free ale and hot food and parking too. I will deffo pay to see them next time they tour though and would recommend any metal fan who hasn't to go and see them.

I went to see Rammstein at the MEN last Thursday, I'd never seen them before, fuck me they were ace and put on one of the best shows I have ever seen. It was a freebie through work too, in a executive box, free ale and hot food and parking too. I will deffo pay to see them next time they tour though and would recommend any metal fan who hasn't to go and see them.

I went to their gig at the O2 on the 24th of last month. Outstanding.

I'd seen them at Sonisphere in 2010 when they were ace, but they out did themselves at the O2.

I went to their gig at the O2 on the 24th of last month. Outstanding.

I'd seen them at Sonisphere in 2010 when they were ace, but they out did themselves at the O2.

Best entrance to the stage at the start of the show I have ever seen.

Did you get drowned in "spunk"? Haha, great band, great sense of humour.

I read something where one of the band said that due to them singing in German and most of us not understanding a word of it, they feel they have to put on a real show and they certainly deliver on that score, the most intense band I have ever seen. Till Lindemann and Christian Lorenz were real stars and had me pissing myself at some of their antics.

Best entrance to the stage at the start of the show I have ever seen.

Did you get drowned in "spunk"? Haha, great band, great sense of humour.

I read something where one of the band said that due to them singing in German and most of us not understanding a word of it, they feel they have to put on a real show and they certainly deliver on that score, the most intense band I have ever seen. Till Lindemann and Christian Lorenz were real stars and had me pissing myself at some of their antics.

I was up in the Gods, so was not one of the lucky ones to be spunked upon...

I was slightly concerned that they might have to tone down their pyro compared to the Sonisphere show, but I was thankfully very wrong!

All I've got lined up so far is Los Campesinos at the Exeter Pheonix later this month.

Hopefully Radiohead will tour the UK at some point, but other than that I'm not sure what else I'll go to.

I know i'm a miserable bastard, but I never really got the point of going to big concerts. I went to a few, and haven't paid to go to a big concert in 12 years. What is the point? Can someone fill me in?

It's a massive venue, so it's not inclusion/proximity. The sound quality is generally shit, so it can't be the music itself. Is it just, simply, to have something to do?

And jesus... Coldplay? Consider yourself negged! (Rammstein? Repped!)

Well if you want to see an act big enough to fill those venues then it might be the only way you'll get to see them. If you want to see them enough I don't think the venue matters much, personally.

Different if you're sitting high up in the seats though, I doubt i'd be able to enjoy a show like that if i could barely see what's going on. Luckily when I've been to big venues I've had standing tickets, so I just get there really early and go straight to the front, then it doesn't really matter how many people there are behind me. Also it's a pretty cool feeling to be singing along to your favourite songs with 60,000 other people doing the same.