You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

martin samuel, matt lipton,dave maddock

Guest San Don

People should keep asking him which black player said that to him as well, because it sounds a lot like made up bullshit to me.

I have offered (several times) to make a £500 donation to Show Racism The Red Card if he can get one black player to state in his rag that he would not be offended at being called a "black c**t".

Still waiting for a response...

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holt, Lipton and Maddock having a field day on the shite from last night.... What has turned the Mirror journalists into such cunts these last couple of months, I don't get it? While I never agreed with everything they wrote before they at least gave a balanced view of the subject that they were writing about, now it just seems to be some agenda driven shite that they are spewing on a daily basis while Twitter has given them licence to spout it constantly. Did Kenny shag all ther Mrs's or something because something has definitely happened.

I honestly believe that until they start reporting incidents with a balanced view then they need to be banned from Anfield. Some needs to take these cunts to task about everything they are writing.

Not specifically aimed at those obviously anti-LFC journalists named, but the media as a whole, the FA, the football clubs and the general public:

Everybody needs to take a step back from all this. The situation has created such a poisonous atmosphere and relationship between all the vested interests that it won't be long before something more serious and tragic happens as a direct consequence. Continuing to fan the flames by spinning every little thing into a negative is not doing anybody any good, and is allowing feelings of mistrust and hatred to grow. Anybody whose opinion and voice carries significant influence really needs to think about what they are saying and the role they're playing in the current climate. The self-righteous bandwagon is doing nothing to further the cause of removing discrimination from the game or society at large.

Everybody needs to take a step back from all this. The situation has created such a poisonous atmosphere and relationship between all the vested interests that it won't be long before something more serious and tragic happens as a direct consequence. Continuing to fan the flames by spinning every little thing into a negative is not doing anybody any good, and is allowing feelings of mistrust and hatred to grow. Anybody whose opinion and voice carries significant influence really needs to think about what they are saying and the role they're playing in the current climate. The self-righteous bandwagon is doing nothing to further the cause of removing discrimination from the game or society at large.

Trumo, if you take a look at history you'll see we've learnt nothing from the time of the Inquisition. Every so often hysteria gets whipped into a frenzy, be it witch trials, satanic child abuse/child sacrifice, Muslim extremism, or immigrants.

In modern times, that whipping is mainly done by tabloid journalists who create the conditions for it to thrive, before entering a cycle of questioning whether it was right after a tragedy occurs (without any self-regard for their own part in it).

Pretty soon Holt will be forwarding the Durango Defence - his account was hacked.

Whhhoooaarr,

What happened there?

my dearest Anubis,

the Durango "defence" is a honest and legitimate excuse,

some shyster hacked into my account and spread untruths,

I rest my case

One of the main things that ought to be looked at in the aftermath of this is press regulation.

It is painfully clear that there is no law to protect the club from the slander of journalists like Oliver Holt, who already holds the club accountable for the racist abuse of Adeyemi without the player himself (apparently) having made any formal complaint. There was no law against inciting hatred against Suarez either before or after the hearing, in spite of the fact that the FA essentially decided what should have been a criminal case on the basis of a civil framework.

Imagine an inversion of the outcome. Evra's image appears on the back page of the Mirror with the caption: 'Liar'. Spokesmen from the PFA and Uruguayan FA appear in the press decrying United's support of Evra and bemoaning the false allegations which are pervading the game. Tom Adeyemi runs furiously towards the Kop before breaking down in tears, and the headlines the next day are all about the boy crying wolf.

Can anyone see that happening?

It wouldn't, of course; nor would it be right or fair to hung, draw and quarter Evra for being a liar just because his case wasn't proven, as it wouldn't be fair to assume that just because Evra's allegations were false, so were Adeyemi's. If he was to be held to account, that job should fall the the FA and his own club, not to ignorant fucking cunts like those working at the Mirror, for whom facts and sources hold little weight.

What I'm getting at, is that it's absolutely appalling that the media and those who use it as a mouthpiece feel that it's justifiable to hound and pillory either our players or our club on the basis of a judgement made by a kangaroo court.

At the end of the day, the press is the source from which people get their information. They ought to have a responsibility to present it in a balanced way -- at very least, a way which doesn't encourage judgement or vitriol. That measure has been totally lacking in both of these affairs.

When I went in to work today, one of my mates presented it as 'fact' that the way Suarez used the N word, and what he said was racist in context and had been verified by lip readers. I told him I had actually read the report and that he was misinformed, and that there had been no lip-readers, and that Evra's evidence had just as many holes as Suarez's. He said I was 'sad' for reading the report and that he'd been going from the 'bullet points'.

That's all this kind of story is to most people in the country: bullet points. They don't care beyond a reason to stoke their vitriol or to further their agenda against a player or club, and so that's as far as they read. Unfortunately, it's also as far as many journalists write. It shouldn't be acceptable. It shouldn't be acceptable for people like Roberts and Ouseley to criticise our club as racist on the basis of findings made by a panel with a political agenda against Sepp Blatter; it shouldn't be acceptable for pricks like Holt to state that we've 'laid the foundations' for the people who abused Adeyemi; it shouldn't be acceptable for fans to show up at our grounds and sing that Suarez is a racist.

The press encourages all of that.

It's either OK to incite hatred, or it is isn't. You can't pick and choose on the basis of skin colour, age, nationality, history, or whether you're attacking a single person or an institution. It should never be acceptable, in my opinion, but particularly not when the root motive for it is so flimsy and subjective.

It is a really appalling state of affairs that this has been allowed to happen. We've been made a pariah in the most unjust way, and I simply cannot see anybody holding influence who will -- or would want to -- fight for us to make it right. The set up doesn't seem to work that way any more.

It's a sad time to live in the world.

Guest San Don
One of the main things that ought to be looked at in the aftermath of this is press regulation.

It is painfully clear that there is no law to protect the club from the slander of journalists like Oliver Holt, who already holds the club accountable for the racist abuse of Adeyemi without the player himself (apparently) having made any formal complaint. There was no law against inciting hatred against Suarez either before or after the hearing, in spite of the fact that the FA essentially decided what should have been a criminal case on the basis of a civil framework.

Imagine an inversion of the outcome. Evra's image appears on the back page of the Mirror with the caption: 'Liar'. Spokesmen from the PFA and Uruguayan FA appear in the press decrying United's support of Evra and bemoaning the false allegations which are pervading the game. Tom Adeyemi runs furiously towards the Kop before breaking down in tears, and the headlines the next day are all about the boy crying wolf.

Can anyone see that happening?

It wouldn't, of course; nor would it be right or fair to hung, draw and quarter Evra for being a liar just because his case wasn't proven, as it wouldn't be fair to assume that just because Evra's allegations were false, so were Adeyemi's. If he was to be held to account, that job should fall the the FA and his own club, not to ignorant fucking cunts like those working at the Mirror, for whom facts and sources hold little weight.

What I'm getting at, is that it's absolutely appalling that the media and those who use it as a mouthpiece feel that it's justifiable to hound and pillory either our players or our club on the basis of a judgement made by a kangaroo court.

At the end of the day, the press is the source from which people get their information. They ought to have a responsibility to present it in a balanced way -- at very least, a way which doesn't encourage judgement or vitriol. That measure has been totally lacking in both of these affairs.

When I went in to work today, one of my mates presented it as 'fact' that the way Suarez used the N word, and what he said was racist in context and had been verified by lip readers. I told him I had actually read the report and that he was misinformed, and that there had been no lip-readers, and that Evra's evidence had just as many holes as Suarez's. He said I was 'sad' for reading the report and that he'd been going from the 'bullet points'.

That's all this kind of story is to most people in the country: bullet points. They don't care beyond a reason to stoke their vitriol or to further their agenda against a player or club, and so that's as far as they read. Unfortunately, it's also as far as many journalists write. It shouldn't be acceptable. It shouldn't be acceptable for people like Roberts and Ouseley to criticise our club as racist on the basis of findings made by a panel with a political agenda against Sepp Blatter; it shouldn't be acceptable for pricks like Holt to state that we've 'laid the foundations' for the people who abused Adeyemi; it shouldn't be acceptable for fans to show up at our grounds and sing that Suarez is a racist.

The press encourages all of that.

It's either OK to incite hatred, or it is isn't. You can't pick and choose on the basis of skin colour, age, nationality, history, or whether you're attacking a single person or an institution. It should never be acceptable, in my opinion, but particularly not when the root motive for it is so flimsy and subjective.

It is a really appalling state of affairs that this has been allowed to happen. We've been made a pariah in the most unjust way, and I simply cannot see anybody holding influence who will -- or would want to -- fight for us to make it right. The set up doesn't seem to work that way any more.

It's a sad time to live in the world.

Good points although I think the player has made a statement to police he was 'racially' abused.

This begs the question though, if he and his odious shit spouting captain believe that it was clearly racial, why didnt the captain order his team off? We hear all the time about this player or that player being willing to walk in the face of racial abuse yet here, allegedly, there was racial abuse and what do they do?

One breaks down in tears minutes afterwards while the other spouts his odious bile into a 5 Live microphone calling it an 'absolute disgrace' suggestively alluding to what was said as racist.

So I ask again, why didnt he pull his team off the pitch if they felt it was? They were losing so its not as if they be kicked out of the cup. It was near the end of the game so no one would have said they walked just because of the scoreline. They'd have got massive press coverage for a subject described as an 'absolute disgrace.'

Good points although I think the player has made a statement to police he was 'racially' abused.

This begs the question though, if he and his odious shit spouting captain believe that it was clearly racial, why didnt the captain order his team off? We hear all the time about this player or that player being willing to walk in the face of racial abuse yet here, allegedly, there was racial abuse and what do they do?

One breaks down in tears minutes afterwards while the other spouts his odious bile into a 5 Live microphone calling it an 'absolute disgrace' suggestively alluding to what was said as racist.

So I ask again, why didnt he pull his team off the pitch if they felt it was? They were losing so its not as if they be kicked out of the cup. It was near the end of the game so no one would have said they walked just because of the scoreline. They'd have got massive press coverage for a subject described as an 'absolute disgrace.'

It's a strange one. Everything we heard last night "from inside the dressing room" was that he was heading off to speak to the police. However, on the ITV news tonight it said that "the player has not made a formal complaint to the police"