You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

32 minutes ago, alles ist gut said:

Based on last night's game, I'm going to go right out on a limb and say that Sri Lanka are just that wee bit short of being ready for the T20 World Cup.

I might suggest they are just that wee bit short of playing cricket , full stop.

On a more serious note , we are no 1 ranked but I cant see us winning the next World Cup without sorting out best bowling line up and partucularly our death bowling. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Brainless even for a 20/20

All out to the same shot. 

Mind you, I'd be surprised if Sri Lanka got 140. Bit sad how shit they are now. Seems they've got a reasonable bowling attack but nothing to back it up. Sangakkara needs to fuck the commentary off and get into coaching.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

All out to the same shot. 

Mind you, I'd be surprised if Sri Lanka got 140. Bit sad how shit they are now. Seems they've got a reasonable bowling attack but nothing to back it up. Sangakkara needs to fuck the commentary off and get into coaching.

Saying how good they were to my lad, it is sad. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Jimmy Anderson has taken his 1000th first class wicket today. He currently has figures of 7 wickets for 19 runs from 10 overs, with Kent at 49 for 8.

Amazing achievement that. Englands best ever bowler. Doubt we’ll see anything as good in this lifetime.

Always remember being in a hotel with work in 2003 and watching this young lad who I didn't know much about rip a classy Pakistan batting line up apart in a World Cup game. The thing I most remember is the commentator , Blofeld I think , silent for a moment after one unbelievable delivery and then simply ' By jove , I think we've found one '. He wasn't wrong.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Always remember being in a hotel with work in 2003 and watching this young lad who I didn't know much about rip a classy Pakistan batting line up apart in a World Cup game. The thing I most remember is the commentator , Blofeld I think , silent for a moment after one unbelievable delivery and then simply ' By jove , I think we've found one '. He wasn't wrong.

Loved Blofeld. 

• Upvote 2

I did an ad with him once, via landline from London - it was a shit ad, and totally self-indulgent because he was unnecessary to the ad really, I just wanted to use his wonderful voice... it was one of the highlights of my career, even though I was still very very young.  He called me "my dear old thing" at one point, on one of our "successful" takes.  It was around the time that Graeme Hick was trying to qualify for England... and had scored 405 down your way @lifetime fan I think.

Blowers and I discussed Hick and other things cricket, as I just tried to stall the session and buy more time with the great voice man.

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, s(k)aturation said:

I did an ad with him once, via landline from London - it was a shit ad, and totally self-indulgent because he was unnecessary to the ad really, I just wanted to use his wonderful voice... it was one of the highlights of my career, even though I was still very very young.  He called me "my dear old thing" at one point, on one of our "successful" takes.  It was around the time that Graeme Hick was trying to qualify for England... and had scored 405 down your way @lifetime fan I think.

Blowers and I discussed Hick and other things cricket, as I just tried to stall the session and buy more time with the great voice man.

Hick was at a 6 fingers county not Glos mate. 

EDIT: FFS, just realised you meant against Glos not for them. He was still a fucking bottler against us in one day finals. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Remmie said:

You can get a personalised message from Blowers here for £45 https://celebvm.com/henryblofeld which I did for some friends who also love him. Unfortunately he had a bad throat and his voice was half gone, felt pretty guilty for chasing the message up after that. 

Repped! 

That’s my brothers birthday sorted. 

• Upvote 1