You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jimmy Savile dead

Mendoza

Guest davelfc

Karin Ward also asserts that a third well-known 80s TV entertainer, whose identity was not disclosed, was also present and tried to assault her.

She said: “I rebuffed him and he humiliated me in front of everyone in the dressing room by saying something really unkind about my lack of breasts, which to a 14-year-old girl was just awful.

Her own website stated she was 54 born 25th March that makes her year of birth 1958

So she was 16, I think they've both suffered a little from memory loss, although 14 does sound worse than 16. Not excusing anyone here but why let facts get in the way of a good old witch hunt.

Guest davelfc
In March 1976, the UK's political pressure group Liberty, under their alternate name National Council for Civil Liberties, (NCCL) called for an equal age of consent of 14 in Britain. Its submission to the Criminal Law Revision Committee generated extensive newspaper coverage. Albeit the report recognised the merits for the abolition of the age of consent, it proposed the retention of a prohibition upon sex below the age of 14 “as a compromise with public attitudes”:[8]

"Although it is both logical, and consistent with modern knowledge about child development, to suggest that the age of consent should be abolished, we fear that, given the present state of public attitudes on this topic, it will not be politically possible to abolish the age of consent".[9]

The NCCL argued “childhood sexual experiences, willingly engaged in, with an adult result in no identifiable damage”, suggesting more harm was caused when the children retold their experiences in court or to the press. The submission was signed by Harriet Harman who later went on to become leader of the House of Commons and deputy leader of the Labour Party.

Age of consent manifestations (UK) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jimmy must have been gutted they didn't lower the age of consent. Not expecting to hear criticism of Savile from Harman any time soon.

Guest davelfc
Didn't bother reading because of the source. Is there a slightly more reliable one?

Unfortunately there's only this photo of him with her in 1974 (behind in yellow) on the TV show that she alleged the assault took place after. You know, the one he said he wasn't on and the girl he said he's never even seen.

Doesn't make him guilty though.

article-0-1569CAF9000005DC-506_634x486.jpg

Of course channel 4 have unearthed the whole show that this still was taken from.

'Jimy Savile's family have revealed they will remove his headstone tomorrow out of respect for his victims'.

what-the-fuck.

We're desecrating graves now? After the Facebook jailing, Boris Johnson is JFK followed by this - we really are in Chris Morris world aren't we? I'm genuinely getting quite scared about living here. I'm not joking. It's as though everyone has simply gone insane.

It's surreal. We have only had untested allegations, and on the back of that we've had the BBC apologising to the women, the Met declaring him a serial sex offender today even as they only investigate the allegations, and now his family removing his headstone.

There's a real pitchfork and torches mentality at large at the moment, and the problem with popular opinion is that when it goes hunting witches it usually demands witches are found, whether they exist or not. See the Salem witch trials.

I don't know if Savile was a paedophile or not, but shouldn't we at least test the evidence thoroughly before we make the decision?

It's probably some Tory smear campaign to break up and privatise the BBC. It'll be Noel Edmonds next. Basically everyone who looks like a paedo will be denounced as one, and rightly so.

They do seem to employ a fair amount of them paedos though.

Savile.King and Denning are three that spring t o mind.

The jury is still out on the crackerjack and playaway presenters.

Just dont get me started on them play school lot either,Big teddy always seemed to be doing naughtys with little Ted through the round window every Thursday.

Big paedo bear if you ask me.

Guest davelfc

What worries me more than anything are the phrases "well it was well known" "I'd heard the rumours" "He looked strange" and this is supposed to be evidence?

Rantzen's tears tell me more than any real evidence will ever do.

tumblr_m4lir1QDRC1rw41szo1_500.png

Oooh he looks guilty and listen to that music.

'Jimy Savile's family have revealed they will remove his headstone tomorrow out of respect for his victims'.

what-the-fuck.

We're desecrating graves now? After the Facebook jailing, Boris Johnson is JFK followed by this - we really are in Chris Morris world aren't we? I'm genuinely getting quite scared about living here. I'm not joking. It's as though everyone has simply gone insane.

Where's that from mate ? There was a member of his family on radio tonight and they were saying it was more out of concern of vandalism and the effect it would have on other people paying respects near by. Said they were going to wait until the outcome of any investigations before they decide if it goes back.

Where's that from mate ? There was a member of his family on radio tonight and they were saying it was more out of concern of vandalism and the effect it would have on other people paying respects near by. Said they were going to wait until the outcome of any investigations before they decide if it goes back.

Daily Mail (!) said 'respect to victims' but on closer inspection it says 'respect to public opinion'.

Jimmy Savile sex abuse allegations: Police have 120 leads from victims and witnesses | Mail Online

BBC mate

The family spokesman said: "Out of respect to public opinion' date=' to those who are buried there, and to those who tend their graves and visit there, we have decided to remove it."[/quote']

Guest davelfc

There's a thread on digital spy that's weird, one posted suggesting that the police should cross check dates of missing persons in the areas where Saville worked, basically he's gone from groper, to rapist, to paedophile, to serial killer.

I'm not saying he's any of them and I'm not saying he is not. But the mob want blood and while Savile is cemented into his grave they'll have to find someone else.

(yes for fear of people thinking he was buried with gold the family instructed the grave to be cemented in.)

Guest davelfc

s_2364168b.jpg

Savile's six-foot wide and four-foot tall memorial spanning three plots was unveiled two weeks ago.

He was buried under the epitaph he dreamed up years ago - "It was good while it lasted."

Three 18ins thick slabs contain poetry, a potted biography of the star, and a list of charities he supported.

If the BBC ever need inspiration for Del boy's grave.

what-the-fuck.

We're desecrating graves now? After the Facebook jailing' date=' Boris Johnson is JFK followed by this - we really are in Chris Morris world aren't we? I'm genuinely getting quite scared about living here. I'm not joking. It's as though everyone has simply gone insane.[/quote']

You could laugh with Chris Morris though.