You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Date thread

Remmie

I would add to this that the women seem to be even more selective online. We must literally carpet bomb them and yet they still seem to be on there for months on end!

They get even more people coming onto them online then they would in a bar. My bird told me she got loads of messages a day and normally they were one liners or people with rubbish profiles or no pictures.

Within a week of messaging each other I'd asked her out and 9 months later I'm living with her. I should be some sort of POF advise giver. I might start a business like that film with Will Smith and Rob Schneider(I think in)

Rem knows.

POF is notorious. Being free it attracts a lot of people who probably aren't that serious about finding a genuine 'date', i.e a lot of fellas looking for a shag, and women who just want the attention. There are some stunners on there who don't even have anything written on their profile, just a pic of them looking fit - you have to wonder why you'd be arsed doing that.

There's been times I've had 2-3 messages in the past at the same time, not often, but when I have I've deleted the two I liked the least. Now imagine how many messages any half decent bird is getting? It's probaby anywhere betweem 10-50 a day.

Men are like flies around shit, that's always been the problem for any of us who can't really be 'that' arsed.

Thanks. Adding people to favourites has probably been my downfall with this one.

I've had two messages already this morning. One of them is sitting on her sofa, touching herself while thinking about me. Not sure how to let her down gently.

I'm too sensitive for all this and don't have the gift of the gab. My friend gets no end of action because of it. He's more than happy to contact 20 women and then ignore some if one of his better prospects responds. I just don't like playing with somebody's feelings like that.

Thanks. Adding people to favourites has probably been my downfall with this one.

I've had two messages already this morning. One of them is sitting on her sofa, touching herself while thinking about me. Not sure how to let her down gently.

I'm too sensitive for all this and don't have the gift of the gab. My friend gets no end of action because of it. He's more than happy to contact 20 women and then ignore some if one of his better prospects responds. I just don't like playing with somebody's feelings like that.

He wouldn't cut his arm off to prove he could tie his laces one handed, that's what you're doing.

Thought I'd show the other side of the sea of pussy divide.

My attempts have been a complete disaster. I contacted one with a username of spottless a couple of times with no reply. I've given up on her now. I really liked the look and sound of her. She looks like the girl I'm trying to get over. It does knock my confidence.

My mate has told me to contact 20 and chat to the few that reply. I prefer to concentrate on one at a time rather than handle 19 rejections.

Other than that I've had the cast from 101 Dalmations contact me. I'm not a big head and am ok looking. Do women not have a reality filter? It's hard thinking of a reason I'm not interested while leaving them feeling good about themselves.

She's obviously not interested, move along to the next person. Have a look at more rural areas, we're more desperate. I now have the line drawn at the following requirements:

A pulse, age below 50, a tidy set of teeth, doesn't use text speak, non smoker and has a job. It's slim pickings.

Your mate is right, blast out a load of emails and enjoy the banter you get back at the very least it'll fill shed loads of spare time.

Oh and have a decent profile yourself, there's nothing worse then having to come up with an opening message if the profile reads "will fill this in later, anything you want to know just ask me" FUCK OFF!! :telloff:

It's my understanding from internet dating that it is weighted heavily in the ladies favour as there are more men on it who are more desperate. This equates to anything remotely good looking getting 5-10 new messages a day, even then some of these girls just use it as a self-esteem tool when they are in a relationship or date the odd johnny sixpack once in a blue moon. Internet dating can be a bit shit, you need to play by it's rules and do like your friend suggest - it's a numbers game. Someone on here had some good suggestions earlier on in this thread about how to make your message different from every other cunt messaging yo bottom bitch.

There are two categories, the women who expect loves great romance and the ones that assume men are just after a shag, I fall into the latter category. You can usually make out what someones after within just a few emails.

Couple of years ago I went out for a date with someone, we were due a follow up and I made it clear if things progressed he would be wearing a condom, never thought a man would see his arse over that. His loss.

I would add to this that the women seem to be even more selective online. We must literally carpet bomb them and yet they still seem to be on there for months on end!

Where are mine? I seem to get utter rejects if I don't make the first message. Admittedly i'm not drop dead gorgeous, but I'm not pig ugly either, so why do men think it's acceptable to punch 3 or 4 marks above their league. I read some relationship theory stuff in my first year of uni, it said people are only likely to go one above or below their self evaluation, so say you judge yourself at a 5/10 in the good looking scale, you're only likely to date someone who would be between a 4 and a 6, the only way to go at a push one mark more or less would be if they had a shit hot personality or wealth. I'm funny as fuck, me.

Rem knows.

POF is notorious. Being free it attracts a lot of people who probably aren't that serious about finding a genuine 'date', i.e a lot of fellas looking for a shag, and women who just want the attention. There are some stunners on there who don't even have anything written on their profile, just a pic of them looking fit - you have to wonder why you'd be arsed doing that.

There's been times I've had 2-3 messages in the past at the same time, not often, but when I have I've deleted the two I liked the least. Now imagine how many messages any half decent bird is getting? It's probaby anywhere betweem 10-50 a day.

Men are like flies around shit, that's always been the problem for any of us who can't really be 'that' arsed.

I've got a mate who for her age is bloody stunning, as some of you have remarked upon in a thread on here, yet she'd numb your brain in less then fifteen minutes, when a mixed group of us go out, you see the males oogling for about 5 minutes then she has a drink and opens her mouth, they soon move on. She gets about fifteen messages a day when she's on there.

He wouldn't cut his arm off to prove he could tie his laces one handed, that's what you're doing.

Yep.

Where are mine? I seem to get utter rejects if I don't make the first message. Admittedly i'm not drop dead gorgeous, but I'm not pig ugly either, so why do men think it's acceptable to punch 3 or 4 marks above their league. I read some relationship theory stuff in my first year of uni, it said people are only likely to go one above or below their self evaluation, so say you judge yourself at a 5/10 in the good looking scale, you're only likely to date someone who would be between a 4 and a 6, the only way to go at a push one mark more or less would be if they had a shit hot personality or wealth. I'm funny as fuck, me.

Too many guys on there have probably read "The Game"

Too many guys on there have probably read "The Game"

Yeah when it comes to me, they're still failing on that score.

Thanks.

melons, my username is gary-rick if you have any suggestions.

Suggestions? Choose a better user name (if that's seriously it?), something that'd give someone something to talk about, i came across a bogyman or something the otherweek, clearly had to leave a remark complementing him on the choice of name. I've also been bastardised by the GF, most women probably wouldn't find what i do amusing, Champ is still pretty fresh ask her for a second opinion.

Yeah when it comes to me, they're still failing on that score.

Suggestions? Choose a better user name (if that's seriously it?), something that'd give someone something to talk about, i came across a bogyman or something the otherweek, clearly had to leave a remark complementing him on the choice of name. I've also been bastardised by the GF, most women probably wouldn't find what i do amusing, Champ is still pretty fresh ask her for a second opinion.

It is it. I work with blokes called Gary and Rick.

I'll have to think about it because I'm not creative. Thanks.

Also, thanks for looking sweet_carrol_9.

Thought I'd show the other side of the sea of pussy divide.

My attempts have been a complete disaster. I contacted one with a username of spottless a couple of times with no reply. I've given up on her now. I really liked the look and sound of her. She looks like the girl I'm trying to get over. It does knock my confidence.

My mate has told me to contact 20 and chat to the few that reply. I prefer to concentrate on one at a time rather than handle 19 rejections.

Other than that I've had the cast from 101 Dalmations contact me. I'm not a big head and am ok looking. Do women not have a reality filter? It's hard thinking of a reason I'm not interested while leaving them feeling good about themselves.

Yep its cos I imagine most the birds on there, even the ugly ones get abar 70 messages a week cos its a willy market not a fanny market. You have to persist and not get het up abar rejections because they probly dont even read half the messages. You have to spread you bets as you've already been told, folow the rules of the game and they gonna see you through. Its exhausting I know but its just.