You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool v Spurs

Exactly. Not our day today. (and we didn't come back and win 3-1!)

$$$ Rebuilding and reinforcements in the summer. 3 years of Kenny. Suarez, fit Gerrard.

Lots to look forward to, perhaps not the Europa League.

Happy days. YNWA.

I wouldn't count out the Europa yet - Birmingham are going to be going hell for leather in order to avoid relegation at Spurs, and we have Villa, who are always likely to implode after a positive result. A draw at Spurs and a win for us at Villa and we're in.

But obviously we need better players - Someone of real, top drawer quality in midfield for a start. Someone who can control the tempo of games ala Modric. Lucas and Spearing have done an excellent job, but the aim should be to have that sort of player as one who can come in and do a job in the event of injuries, not as your midfield lynchpin.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at least we wont have to travel to the back arse of russia next season for a thursday night game,getting back into the champions league is the priority next season,and we will have to play 20 less games now so not all bad..

What's going on with Kelly? Just noticed he's not listed on the Physio Room site either.

Spurs have 10 injuries listed that site too by the way, and they still did this to us.

Kenny said the other day that he was not quite ready yet.

We're a long way off even competing for the top four, I fear.

Well, that's a complete kneejerk. We've seen Spurs beaten at home by Wigan, Man City by Everton and Arsenal. Chelsea, Sunderland, Arsenal by Spurs.

We had a bad game today, but lie a point behind Spurs, a position inconceivable in January. Reinforcements are, of course, necessary but we're not a "long way" off competing for the top four, and that's why we managed to come respectably close over the second half of this season.

Fucking hell, what happened to Carroll supposedly being good in the air? It's all just head and hope so far, about as deft as the holocaust.

He's got nothing in his locker that tickles my fancy. We've signed a big dud here unfortunately; I'd just blame Commolli and quietly faze him out of the club.

He needs some fire in his belly but he looks like he's doped up.

I get the feeling we underestimated Spurs in this one. They came out of the traps a lot stronger than we expected, and with several of our players off-key today, we struggled quite badly. It looked like another one of those games where we waste fairly presentable chances and struggle to really open teams up, where one of their defenders blocks everything, or the goalkeeper plays a blinder, and all their shanked clearances fall to a teammate in space. Does Ledley King every play against anybody except us? He always seems to be in the team when we play, then spends 4 months in the treatment room.

It is amazing how many penalties we concede these days. I think it is well into double figures each season, and they pretty much always result in a goal too.

Right result. Dawson edged Sandro to MoM for me. Got the goal and then sat back on it, we didn't have the right shape to get the same tempo we've been playing recently and so we never really stretched them despite having far more of the ball from about 25 minutes onwards. The penalty was harsh, naive challenge from Flanagan and Pienaar used all his "experience" and Webb gobbled up the opportunity. Not in the area but close enough. Disappointed for the lad really as he was probably our best player today.

The big turning point wasn't the goal but the soft free kick Webb gave Dawson that led to Suarez getting booked. From there on the crowd seemed to be all about the referee and that's never a productive mindset.

Surprised when Jay got taken off, he had a few bad moments but over the course of the game he helped change the pace and played the ball well. He wasn't great at imposing himself on their midfield, but Jonjo was hardly going to change that, I thought Maxi should have gone off and Jonjo should have sat in the hole with Kuyt on his right and Suarez on his left.

Carroll hasn't looked fit even when he's supposed to have been. Lad needs to get his arse down to the gym and put in the extra yards. Totally fucked with our rhythm too today, static, slow, poor touch, didn't even manage to win any highballs. I welcome him going to that shitty under age tournament where hell be under full time supervision. And he needs the games. Luckily for him he didn't cost £1m and isn't French.

Well, that's a complete kneejerk. We've seen Spurs beaten at home by Wigan, Man City by Everton and Arsenal. Chelsea, Sunderland, Arsenal by Spurs.

We had a bad game today, but lie a point behind Spurs, a position inconceivable in January. Reinforcements are, of course, necessary but we're not a "long way" off competing for the top four, and that's why we managed to come respectably close over the second half of this season.

Not really. We've just been played off the park at home by the fifth best club's squad players. And, let's be frank, even if we add a few decent players, the top four squads are deeper and will likely improve this summer.

Not doom and gloom, anyway: it'll just take time (a couple of years), in my view.