You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

Honeymoon period is over for Beto.

davies1878

Player Valuation: £1.5m
6 foot 5 and cant head the ball on target, doesn't do anything of any use.

Syrup

Player Valuation: £500k
Absolute rubbish

• image.gif
 Reactions:Kev The Rat

edge

Get into them blues

Crap today

Everton1654

Player Valuation: £5m
No wonder they let us have him on the drip

it’s almost like you shouldn’t declare a forward to be the second coming after a decent performance against Doncaster? 

11 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

If wages are paid late is that a points penalty? I know it was for wigan last year but that's efl

Can you imagine the fume these guys managed to pay them late and relegate them?

Dunno about Premier League, but I think Reading got points docked for it this season, same as Wigan last season.

I can't see the PL doing it.

The number of Boos, including mates of mine, on Twitter going on about VAR and us is currently off the scale. They are fucking obsessed to such a degree that they’re blind to any logic, so I stay out of it and merely shake my head in bemusement.  

Shocking news about 777. Please ensure that you’re not halfway up a ladder or performing surgery when you read this, as you may go lightheaded. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/oct/02/evertons-prospective-new-owners-have-fifa-sanction-over-unpaid-transfer-fees

Fresh concerns have been raised over 777 Partners, Everton’s prospective new owners, after another of their clubs failed to meet payments on three transfers costing a total of around €5.2m (£4.5m).

Brazilian side Vasco da Gama were hit with a transfer ban by Fifa on Friday after three clubs – Lille, Nacional of Uruguay and Atlético Tucumán of Argentina – notified world football’s governing body that they had not received fees for Léo Jardim, José Luis Rodríguez and Manuel Capasso respectively.

Capasso joined Vasco for €1.4m in February, Rodríguez signed for €1.8m in January and, although the fee for Jardim was undisclosed, Lille were due to receive a reported €2m for their goalkeeper in January.

Vasco, who are 70% owned by 777, missed a deadline to complete payments on all three deals before being sanctioned by Fifa. In a statement, the governing body said: “The club Vasco de 

Gama is currently prevented from registering new players due to an outstanding debt. The relevant ban will be lifted immediately upon the settlement of the debt being confirmed by the creditor concerned.”While the Brazilian transfer window is closed until January, giving Vasco time to make the overdue payments and get the ban lifted, their predicament raises more questions over 777’s resources as it attempts to buy Everton from Farhad Moshiri.

The Miami-based company, which was late with a £900,000 payment to the British Basketball League this year, prompting an ongoing investigation by the BBL into its co-owners, needs approval from the Premier League, Football Association and the Financial Conduct Authority to complete its takeover of Everton.

The deal for Moshiri’s 94.1% shareholding is understood to be performance-based, with the British-Iranian billionaire unlikely to get the £500m he was seeking for the club, but 777 still need to provide proof of funding to the Premier League, repay a £140m loan to MSP Sports Capital and secure the approximate £200m required to complete work on Everton’s new stadium at Bramley Moore dock.

The club has outstanding loans in excess of £350m in total, including a recent £20m loan from 777 for short-term working capital, and faces a serious financial crisis unless a takeover proceeds. Moshiri has stopped propping up the struggling Premier League club having invested over £750m for little reward since 2016.

Josh Wander and Steven Pasko, the co-founders of 777, and its CEO, Don Dransfield, were at Goodison Park on Saturday to see Everton lose 2-1 to Luton, their fourth consecutive home league defeat, the club’s worst run from the start of a season at home since 1958. The investment firm currently has seven football clubs in its portfolio – Vasco, Genoa, Sevilla, Hertha Berlin, Standard Liege, Red Star in France and Melbourne Victory.

We can but hope, Eggsy. We can but hope.

There's clearly no other takers at the current price. That's not to say we should jump into bed with 777 but without Moshiri accepting a lower price I'm not sure there are any other options, unfortunately.
777 are not an option for survival ,
They will deliver a long lingering zombie existence.
Until their house of cards inevitably collapses and they skip town with the money .

One of the most iconic stadiums on the planet vs a red brick future submarine.

...not even a mention of our ghoulish neighbours and their carbuncle of a ground.
I'm absolutely LOVING watching that absolute horror show of a stadium going up. Every day, our stadium looks more spectacular and theirs looks more hideous. For many, many decades we will have a vastly superior stadium to them, and I am small minded and hate-filled enough to take great pleasure from this!