You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

14 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Funnily enough i was bored reading GOT the other night at work and one of them mentioned they knocked down local houses in the 50/60s to rebuild Goodison and they should buy up houses around the stadium and do the same. 

Strange as i thought Liverpool were cunts for kicking locals out there houses to build the loft conversion

Surprised he wasn't banned for being a Kopite 

Aren't the fish in the dock now holding up the plans? They have to apply for permission to humanely remove said fish, before any work can start. 

Any fish living in that water could probably survive anything and could walk somewhere new to live.

Makes you think they should have known all this years ago, and is just another stalling tactic.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Strange as i thought Liverpool were cunts for kicking locals out there houses to build the loft conversion

Get it right. Liverpool's demolished those houses while there were people still asleep in them, after sending some heavies round to get the rent off them first of course.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Beno said:

Aren't the fish in the dock now holding up the plans? They have to apply for permission to humanely remove said fish, before any work can start. 

Any fish living in that water could probably survive anything and could walk somewhere new to live.

Makes you think they should have known all this years ago, and is just another stalling tactic.

Red Snappers?

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Beno said:

29563de8aacc8d1f0dc41eecf9e227d2c8ef83a0

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Beno said:

I'm sure Everton will use all their class and dignity as well as their Corinthian spirit to remove them from the dock humanely. Unlike der redshite who would just poison them or put a few sharks in there to eat them.

27 minutes ago, Beno said:

Surely the fish have a right of appeal about being made homeless or is that decision just overridden in favour of moral high horse fc just like the English heritage site thing was?

34 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Surely the fish have a right of appeal about being made homeless or is that decision just overridden in favour of moral high horse fc just like the English heritage site thing was?

There should be a friends of Bramley Moore fish pressure group who live nowhere near the docks like the group who keep trying to stop the Romal Capital development between Princes Dock and Bramley Moore dock.

None of them live near the dock, mainly living in Kirkdale but just like fucking up any development in Liverpool just for the sake of it. They always get a few dickhead local councillors to jump on the bandwagon instead of encouraging investment in the city. 

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

Get it right. Liverpool's demolished those houses while there were people still asleep in them, after sending some heavies round to get the rent off them first of course.

Pretty sure we used flamethrowers to burn the residents alive and gut their houses.

9 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

There should be a friends of Bramley Moore fish pressure group who live nowhere near the docks like the group who keep trying to stop the Romal Capital development between Princes Dock and Bramley Moore dock.

None of them live near the dock, mainly living in Kirkdale but just like fucking up any development in Liverpool just for the sake of it. They always get a few dickhead local councillors to jump on the bandwagon instead of encouraging investment in the city. 

I kind of like people who decide to fuck shit up

just for the sake of it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Funnily enough i was bored reading GOT the other night at work and one of them mentioned they knocked down local houses in the 50/60s to rebuild Goodison and they should buy up houses around the stadium and do the same. 

Haha I saw that myself. Apparently they did it twice according to that poster. In the 60s & the 90s I think. There used to be a Goodison avenue around the ground but Everton knocked the whole street down to build up their stadium.

All sorts of excuses going in about how acovid has affected the building trade, brexit has limited materials and the council haven't signed off planning permission. 

I thought it was signed off in February when they had their announcement and all our heads were supposed to fall off?

The building industry seemed to cope ok when Wimbledon opened their new stadium in a residential area after building it on an old greyhound stadium site. 

Be funny as well if we do start the ARE while they are still moving cones around for another six months. 

1 hour ago, Beno said:

Brill Satis Nisi Aquarium.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Be funny as well if we do start the ARE while they are still moving cones around for another six months. 

Potentially two loft extensions completed in the time it takes for them to clear the flood in their foundations.

I have the surreal image in my mind of these fish, having got wind of this forced eviction, swimming round with placards, singing 'We shall not be moved'

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

Potentially two loft extensions completed in the time it takes for them to clear the flood in their foundations.

I have the surreal image in my mind of these fish, having got wind of this forced eviction, swimming round with placards, singing 'We shall not be moved'

and they're going 'why am I so massive'?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

All sorts of excuses going in about how acovid has affected the building trade, brexit has limited materials and the council haven't signed off planning permission. 

I thought it was signed off in February when they had their announcement and all our heads were supposed to fall off?

The building industry seemed to cope ok when Wimbledon opened their new stadium in a residential area after building it on an old greyhound stadium site. 

To be fair, there are currently legitimate problems with the cost and supply of materials in the construction industry. I heard last week that one of the UK's major steel suppliers has stopped rolling new steel due to a lack of raw materials. Other materials and labour costs have risen by as much as 80% since this time last year. It's definitely am actual problem!

I was just having another look at the planning application - and it was approved in March bit presumably has a whole load of pre-commencement conditions that they have to get on with. Although I couldn't find the actual decision notice ok there which means it may still be pending formal approval!

10 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

I think I mentioned it before, but there's an issue around a water tower or something which is a listed structure. My bloo mate said a while ago they need separate permission for that now. You would almost think someone missed it off the original application to buy some time. 

17 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think I mentioned it before, but there's an issue around a water tower or something which is a listed structure. My bloo mate said a while ago they need separate permission for that now. You would almost think someone missed it off the original application to buy some time. 

Now hey there, be careful with your scurrilous suggestions. I'm sure it would have been a complete oversight.

• Upvote 1