You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

My Mrs wasn't really into footy when I met her, but she was leaning towards the Blue side. She got a job working behind the bar in a boozer just off County Rd on a match day. Under no pressure from me, she began to dislike them, she became to hate Everton home games. She reckoned they were obsessed by us and full of hatred and it wasn't a nice atmosphere in the boozer when the Blues were at home. She much preferred it when were home. Carries on to this day, she doesn't like the footy but tries to take a a little interest, but always has a good laugh when they lose.

Piss-taking aside, just seen that they are wearing shirts for The Bradley Lowery Foundation in tonight's game.  

Everton as a club are miles ahead of us when it comes to things like that, I reckon a large part of that is to do with Bill Kenwright, he may be an insufferable luvvy at times but he's definitely one of the few chairman in the game who still give a damn about anything other than money.

Football rivalries apart, it will be a sad day when he retires.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

'Low key, flat atmosphere'

Everton 1-0 Sunderland

Ian Dennis

Radio 5 live commentator

23,593 is the attendance at Goodison for the first of a run of four successive home matches.

Have to say, a very low key, flat atmosphere and not much to excite the Everton fans.

Calvert-Lewin the bright spark for Everton with Vlasic in flashes.

They go the game....

'Low key, flat atmosphere'

Everton 1-0 Sunderland

Ian Dennis

Radio 5 live commentator

23,593 is the attendance at Goodison for the first of a run of four successive home matches.

Have to say, a very low key, flat atmosphere and not much to excite the Everton fans.

Calvert-Lewin the bright spark for Everton with Vlasic in flashes.

They go the game....

The most low key of four home games in eleven days,.( and only a few hundred Sunderland fans)

It was always going to be the poorest attendance of the four.

The most low key of four home games in eleven days,.( and only a few hundred Sunderland fans)

It was always going to be the poorest attendance of the four.

Sorry mate (and i think you are sound on here) but that is a load of shite....Evertonians give it the big one about going the game and all that and you barely scrape 20,000 - Anfield was chocker for all our League cup games last season.

And whilst i realise footy costs a fortune these days I am sure tickets last night were cheaper than league games and it wasn't on the telly either.

Surely 'the people' would acccount for more than 20,000 for this game.

Piss-taking aside, just seen that they are wearing shirts for The Bradley Lowery Foundation in tonight's game.  

Everton as a club are miles ahead of us when it comes to things like that, I reckon a large part of that is to do with Bill Kenwright, he may be an insufferable luvvy at times but he's definitely one of the few chairman in the game who still give a damn about anything other than money.

Football rivalries apart, it will be a sad day when he retires.

Errr I think your forgetting these haha!

suarezreu_2091574b.jpg

Sorry mate (and i think you are sound on here) but that is a load of shite....Evertonians give it the big one about going the game and all that and you barely scrape 20,000 - Anfield was chocker for all our League cup games last season.

And whilst i realise footy costs a fortune these days I am sure tickets last night were cheaper than league games and it wasn't on the telly either.

Surely 'the people' would acccount for more than 20,000 for this game.

Everton's tickets are a lot cheaper than ours. Lad in work is selling his ticket for the Bournemouth game on Saturday and wants 25 quid face value. Ours start off at 35 and go up to 59