You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

An Epic Swindle by Brian Reade

Dougie Do'ins

That loonybin PaddyBerger15 was criticising Broughton in his rant, and calling him a cunt.

Rob isn't a loonybin at all. He's a decent guy. He may have overreacted a little to certain posters, but that's the nature of the internet.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That loonybin PaddyBerger15 was criticising Broughton in his rant, and calling him a cunt.

He may have called him a cunt, but did he wish shithouse aids on his dog?

Broughton got off lightly on that one if you ask me....

Rob isn't a loonybin at all. He's a decent guy. He may have overreacted a little to certain posters, but that's the nature of the internet.

Yeah people with Patrick Bateman as their avatar offering beds for the night to complete strangers who they speak to on the internet doesn't make someone a loonybin? Or does it? Up for debate at the very least.

I know him (our professions crossed). You don't. He isn't. And please don't tell me you took the serial killing stuff as anything other than a joke.

Course I did but I wasn't about to find out thanks all the same. I had my own issues with him being a snide behind my back on here a couple of years ago when I found out something he had said when I had never even engaged in conversation with him on here rather than at least say it on here or via PM to me. Being the kind of so-called up front character he portrayed himself to be then it was a bit of a letdown that he didn't take any personal issue he had with me up to myself. Your character reference for him means very little to me and no doubt others thanks Paul. The whole Mr Angry facade was a tad tedious after a while.

I can just picture the scene in Psycho now ''My Norman wouldn't hurt a fly''.

I don't care if my character reference means little to you or anyone else, John. But if I feel the need to defend someone, I will, thanks. I'm sure it won't stop us getting along on the forum.

It's all well and good joking about it but it would be good to see what those being serious actually do think was in it for Andy (and for anyone else they hint about.)

To be fair I don't mind Andy and I don't have any qualms with any posters here. I disagree with people but I still respect them, even if they are cunts.

Can't we all just get along? xxxx

I don't care if my character reference means little to you or anyone else, John. But if I feel the need to defend someone, I will, thanks. I'm sure it won't stop us getting along on the forum.

Course it won't Paul and I find it quite honourable that you would defend him on here in his absence. I can only judge him through my experiences with him on here and the first one as I said wasn't good which meant I was always suspicious of him from then on.

He may be a decent guy, but he's a real dickhead on the interweb. Having Said that, he was not the only one to have Broughton wrong.

He may be a decent guy, but he's a real dickhead on the interweb. Having Said that, he was not the only one to have Broughton wrong.

Lets get a couple of things straight,

Why the martyrdom for Broughton?

He done what the BANKS brought him in to do,get their money back on a crumbling investment,

what helped was that Hicks and Gillett were the greediest pair of cunts on the planet and didn't read the small print on the refinance deal was that fatal blow,

they would have agreed any deal at any costs

Meh. Purslow's still a cock.

And nothing in Brian's book has convinced me that Parry & Moores should ever have been allowed near an institute the size of Liverpool Football Club.

Maybe not evil.

Just the biggest pair of dickheads in the history of our club.

Mick,the point I was making is that loads of posters have got it wrong in the past, he's not the first, and certainly wont be the last

personally I don't know the details "as to what was going on behind the scenes"

I merely making a point that it wouldn't stop me from posting simply for getting some "inside info" wrong.

If there was a hidden agenda I wasn't aware of that

I see your point John but as I said, we weren't just talking about passing on a little bit of ITK stuff here. That post Heaton put on RAWK and was then linked on here by someone else, was worlds away from just a little ITK stuff. As I said, he was playing his part in the Huang PR drive to buy the club.

Lets not forget the reason we found ourselves in the situation were Huang was at the table. We were so desperate for a new lease of life and new investment into the club, we bit off the first hand that offered us what we all wanted. We fell for the spin and charm and ended up with Cancer & Aids. No background checks, no homework done, nothing. They showed the colour of their debt ridden money and before we knew it, the club was on it's way to the brink of disaster.

So we found ourselves in a even more desperate frenzy to find new owners, only this time around it has to be the right deal or let's face the club was fucked. Then Kenny Huang arrives on the scene, waving yet more debt ridden, or was it imaginary money ?. Here was a man who until the moment he announced himself as an interested party, 99.99% of us has never even heard of.

Thankfully though, this time we'd learnt our lesson from the mistakes made when the family silver was previously sold and we put our Google search engines into overdrive. Well not quite everyone did because as soon as you could say "vested interest" we had Heaton telling us all that Huang was the best thing since sliced bread. A man who I bet Heaton had never met or probably heard of, yet here he was trying to tell us Kenny Huang was the man to lead us out of our nightmare. Well and truly dodged a fucking bullet there didn't we ?

BTW, what did ever happen to Huang ? I like a lot of people would like to know just way his bid was never taken seriously. Wasn't he supposed to be thinking of buying another Premiership club ? Maybe even Everton ? Or just like Huang did with his wealth, did I imagine that ?

Just to go move on to another point you made John. I think you'll find that Heaton stopped posting on TLW long before the Huang bullshit. He dint post the Huang shite on TLW, because unlike RAWK, he knew we'd be asking questions and demanding answers. Did the people on RAWK ever get an explanation as to why the Huang bid never got off the ground ?, or is radio silence still being maintained ?

Haung was done for fraud in November, and was served with a US court summons in London.

Anybody watch the panorama programme on Notts County 2 weeks ago, well there but for the grace of God and the intelligence of Martin Broughton would have been LFC if Haung had got his hands on us.

Guest TK-421
Yeah people with Patrick Bateman as their avatar offering beds for the night to complete strangers who they speak to on the internet doesn't make someone a loonybin? Or does it? Up for debate at the very least.

No it does not.

Do you really want to debate it, or do you want to make snide remarks on here while he's not here to defend himself?

Scouse Missionary is spot on, he is a decent bloke. Having a Patrick Bateman avatar is a light bit of humour.

Haung was done for fraud in November, and was served with a US court summons in London.

Anybody watch the panorama programme on Notts County 2 weeks ago, well there but for the grace of God and the intelligence of Martin Broughton would have been LFC if Haung had got his hands on us.

I remember posting on here that Notts County were set to have amazing owners having met some of their representatives when they came to the club. It wouldn't surprise me if that was Kenny Huang.

No it does not.

Do you really want to debate it, or do you want to make snide remarks on here while he's not here to defend himself?

Scouse Missionary is spot on, he is a decent bloke. Having a Patrick Bateman avatar is a light bit of humour.

Well like I wasn't allowed to defend myself when he did the same to me a couple of years ago. Same thing. I had no prior problem with him or had ever even engaged conversation with him at the time as I wasn't a particularly regular poster but someone brought something to my attention where he had been making snide remarks about me for no reason.

So whether he is a ''decent bloke'' or not is neither here nor there to me really to be honest.

Is a Patrick Bateman avatar enough for somebody to be considered dangerous nowadays? We all know it’s a fictional character, right?

Unlike say, Osama bin Laden, or the Taliban.