You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Surely Young's transfer to United has an impact on any bid we make for Downing? If Young moves for say £20m, will Villa not demand the same figure for Downing? Or even potentially more, as I'm sure they're none too keen on the idea of selling their two best wingers in the same window.

Honda rumours are appearing again, for a rumoured fee of 8 million.

Would be well worth it considering the fee's being talked about other players.

If FSG are into the whole idea of buying an Asian player for the market over there (something which does my head in, but I can grudgingly understand..) then Honda could be a great signing. Regardless of the whole Asian market stuff I wouldn't mind him with us anyway.

Another midfielder though, how are some of our players going to get games? Kuyt, Raul, Maxi, Henderson, etc. So much for hoping Shelvey would break through this year too...

Not moaning at all, just saying. If Kenny is happy with who he buys, I'm looking forward to seeing his team.

Two points:

There is no way Aquilani will begin the season with us, even if it means loaning him out again. We are over stocked in midfield without him, never mind with him.

I have an unreasonable dislike for Stewart Downing. His name, his face, is career, the way he plays, everything about him is boring, uninspiring and square*

*I reserve the right to change my opinion of him should we sign him

Have we bought Hazard/Mata/Mechagodzilla yet?

I know mechagodzilla is getting on a bit but he is a giant robot dinosaur and he fits into the asian player category.

If we do get mechagodzilla I think we should look at Mothra at Sevilla. He's not had the greatest of starts but he is a giant caterpillar. I suspect with a bit of guidance he could turn into a real flyer.

I am bored.

I know mechagodzilla is getting on a bit but he is a giant robot dinosaur and he fits into the asian player category.

If we do get mechagodzilla I think we should look at Mothra at Sevilla. He's not had the greatest of starts but he is a giant caterpillar. I suspect with a bit of guidance he could turn into a real flyer.

I am bored.

I hear Mothra has a sweet left foot.

49 shit ones though.

I am bored.

Mechagodzilla2.jpg

IMMINENT!

Why does nobody put raul in next years imaginary staring 11?

Because they are playing fantasy manager rather than realistic manager.

Raul really made us tick at the end of the year, his absence noticable against Spurs, and will I'm sure be in the team to start the year.

Also Kuyt. Would be very surpirised not to see his name on the first team sheet of next year.

Raul really made us tick at the end of the year, his absence noticable against Spurs, and will I'm sure be in the team to start the year.

Also Kuyt. Would be very surpirised not to see his name on the first team sheet of next year.

I may have a blind spot where he is concerned, didn't impress me that much, until he was playing in the Frank Lampard role i.e. Just off the forward.

I only really see him as cover for Gerrard.

Agreed.

Our midfield looks like a bright spot now... Spearing, Lucas, Meireles, Gerrard, and Henderson. Now, an injury to Meireles or Gerrard won't be devestating. Jordan's passing looks top, top, top notch... and he seems to have endless energy like Meireles. It's excellent.

I may have a blind spot where he is concerned, didn't impress me that much, until he was playing in the Frank Lampard role i.e. Just off the forward.

I only really see him as cover for Gerrard.

He makes some great runs off the ball into the box and very rarely gets picked up by defenders. But my issue with him is IF we buy downing, adam and we already have henderson where the hell is he going to play? I can see a lot of bench time for him next season.