You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't about Benitez. He's gone. He went at the end of last season. This is about what happened next.

The board took their time to make an appointment. They wanted to be sure, remember? They wanted the right man, remember? Well now we are dealing with an act of gross negligence. And I'm afraid that leaves the new board with a few difficult decisions to make.

Fuck it.

Lets get Rafa back. Lets just do it, when clubs won't do business with us, when players feel just as alienated as they did with Hodgson, and when he's completely fucked up our Academy. We can in 10 years time turn around and go. Rafa Benitez is bad for this club.

This is fucking ridiculous, every fucking thread.

Just fuck them both, Hodgson and Rafa..

Be quiet.

Fuck it.

Lets get Rafa back. Lets just do it, when clubs won't do business with us, when players feel just as alienated as they did with Hodgson, and when he's completely fucked up our Academy. We can in 10 years time turn around and go. Rafa Benitez is bad for this club.

yes anyone but Rafa.......:whistle:

this divisive moronic argument again

I wanted Rafa gone, after the Wigan away defeat last season I lost faith in him.

but let's spell this out JUST BECAUSE ROY IS AN ABSOLUTE FCUKING CLOWN OF A MANAGER DOESN'T MEAN IT WAS WRONG TO LET RAFA GO, IT JUST MEANS THEY GOT THE WRONG MAN IN TO REPLACE HIM

this divisive moronic argument again

I wanted Rafa gone, after the Wigan away defeat last season I lost faith in him.

but let's spell this out JUST BECAUSE ROY IS AN ABSOLUTE FCUKING CLOWN OF A MANAGER DOESN'T MEAN IT WAS WRONG TO LET RAFA GO, IT JUST MEANS THEY GOT THE WRONG MAN IN TO REPLACE HIM

Which all fucking numpties like you were told would happen under the then current regime.

It's not really a fact. Only those wanting Hodgson were wrong. I wanted Rafa to stay, but if others wanted him out with a top manager coming in, that's a valid opinion.

it's a valid opinion if you are naive to think a top manager would come to us in the position we were in, hicks and gillette still our owners.

a sensible fan would say we have had one bad season in 6, a european cup and another final, an fa cup and a good title run, spending about £20 mil a season.

at times last season i thought it was time for rafa to go, but when you looked at what was best for the club i don't see how anyone could conclude it was right to remove our best manager for a long long time. worse still to remove him without a top replacement.

this season really puts things in perspective, and certainly makes me appreciate what we had.

where would utd be if they sacked ferguson after one bad season? what would we have gone on to do if we got rid of shankly? the manager needed support of those running the club

Guest Numero Veinticinco
it's a valid opinion if you are naive to think a top manager would come to us in the position we were in, hicks and gillette still our owners.

a sensible fan would say we have had one bad season in 6, a european cup and another final, an fa cup and a good title run, spending about £20 mil a season.

at times last season i thought it was time for rafa to go, but when you looked at what was best for the club i don't see how anyone could conclude it was right to remove our best manager for a long long time. worse still to remove him without a top replacement.

this season really puts things in perspective, and certainly makes me appreciate what we had.

where would utd be if they sacked ferguson after one bad season? what would we have gone on to do if we got rid of shankly? the manager needed support of those running the club

I agree, Sunny.

I wanted Rafa to stay at the time, and am sick to the fucking eyeballs of the revisionist media pedalling their "it's not Roy's fault, Rafa left a shit squad" line. BUT we aren't where we are because we sacked Rafa.

We are where we are because we replaced Rafa with a (vastly) inferior manager.

Big difference.

Which all fucking numpties like you were told would happen under the then current regime.

you are the fucking numptie mate, I don't have Purslow's ear, I wasn't told who would replace Rafa nor had any influence over who replaced him.....just because in his last season I wanted Rafa gone doesn't mean I am somehow responsible for Hodgsons appointment, get that through your thick skull and leave the braindead argument behind us, it's no time to be crying over spilt milk, this club needs surgery and healing, it doesn't need bitches moaning at Rafa's altar

Guest ShoePiss
Pellegrini was fucking interviewed and that cunt Purslow recommended Roy fucking Hodgson.

Don't talk badly about Purslow, he's well liked by the knobhead shouters on here.

The naughty bin is Benitez and some weird thing to do with China buying LFC. Stick to that kind of thing. Add a China to buy...to anything remotely positive towards Benitez and you'll do great.

Fuck it.

The hypocrisy in that is just astounding. There are many many managers/coaches/players that deserve to be sacked. The simple fact is you DON'T sack them until you're in a position to get someone better in.

That's what's happening with Hodgson now he clearly deserves to be sacked but the man to replace him isn't ready/available/been identified yet so they are doing it the right way and waiting - Benitez may have deserved to be sacked, but you were told many many times of the folly of doing it at that time - clearly they should have waited and now all of us are suffering.

Edited by Kennys_spell

I wanted Rafa gone.

I didn't want this clueless fuck to replace him.

So cunt off...

I think people will disagree over whether rafa should have left, that's pretty clear to see.

Perhaps it is fairer to say that rafa should never have goNe in the summer.

A ridculous time to sack a manager, as no manager in their right mind would have joined the club with G&H at the helm...that's why we got fucking Roy.

We were always going to get a rubbish manager with the situation we were in, this was so badly palmier and executed it's untrue.

I want to know, why the same people who say replacing Rafa was not the wrong decision, but they criticise Rafa for selling Alonso saying it was the wrong decision because his replacement wasn't ready/able.

Alonso had one bad season due to injuries and Rafa tried to sell and replace him. He tried to replace him with an inferior player in Gareth Barry. Rafa was rightly criticised because Alonso always had the class, he just had a bad season due to injuries.

Rafa had one bad season as manager, down to some poor transfers and a bad run of injuries. The board succesfully got him out of the job then replaced him with a shit cunt but it was apparently the right decision. Makes no sense to me.

NN is spot on, why does getting rid of one manager mean you should replace him with a shitter one? It's like fleeing an abusive husband and then shacking up with Fred West, surely 'don't go and live with Fred West' would be the best rebuke, rather than saying 'you were wrong to leave your abusive husband'.

Another fucking Rafa thread again. What happens if the next manager fucks up two or three years from now? Are we going to come back to this AGAIN!?

100% spot on mate. Repped

you are the fucking numptie mate, I don't have Purslow's ear, I wasn't told who would replace Rafa nor had any influence over who replaced him.....just because in his last season I wanted Rafa gone doesn't mean I am somehow responsible for Hodgsons appointment, get that through your thick skull and leave the braindead argument behind us, it's no time to be crying over spilt milk, this club needs surgery and healing, it doesn't need bitches moaning at Rafa's altar

Your the fucking Numptie because like the others you thought sacking Rafa was the answer whilst anybody with an ounce of common fucking sense could see we would only get a downgrade with the owners we had at the time, a decent manager was never gonna touch us. Do you understand.

We sacked Rafa because he lost the plot

Sadly we hired Roy, who hasnt even understood the plot.

Show me one fact that proves those of us who saw that Rafa was not going anywhere, and deserved to go, that proves we were wrong?????

Then try your best to show how on gods green earth, that has anything at all to do with having this bellend as our manager now.

Sacking one narcissist and replacing him with a bellend, does not make the first part wrong, it just shows we didnt get the right man the second time, nothing more.

Tha manager of this club should have the best interest of this club in his heart.

Rafa didnt, despite what you want to think, he had himself there, as has Roy, hence why he didnt get what this job means.

Then

Get the fuck over the fact Rafa has gone, and he isnt coming back, you sad fucktards.

Christ, is this the level of Red we have these days?