You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fucking hell Xerxes, that is one worst (yet most hilarious) posts I've ever seen you make. And that's saying something.

What is more amusing is the enthusiasm which some have for the anodyne, anonymous drivel dished out by most managers.

Warnock's record is a good one, the fact that his leaving an obscure second tier club warrants its own thread tells its own story.

Real nasty piece of work, self centred, conceited and more faces than Mount Rushmore. Would be churlish to dismiss his promotion record but says a lot about our media that he is a passed off as a source of entertainment and about the great British public that he is accepted as such.

Real nasty piece of work, self centred, conceited and more faces than Mount Rushmore. Would be churlish to dismiss his promotion record but says a lot about our media that he is a passed off as a source of entertainment and about the great British public that he is accepted as such.

Warnock that is, not Xerxes!

What is more amusing is the enthusiasm which some have for the anodyne, anonymous drivel dished out by most managers.

Warnock's record is a good one, the fact that his leaving an obscure second tier club warrants its own thread tells its own story.

Give me a "C"!

Give me an "unt"!

And what do you have?

Xerxes! Yaaayyyy!!

One of the games great characters and a man who actually likes football, which is turning into a bit of a novelty these days.

Seven promotions is a pretty impressive record. He is amongst the last in a line of managers taking in Clough and Redknapp for whom attitude was everything.

I thought he would do better at Leeds but the club has turned into a basket case with owners who have no money. Always entertaining when interviewed, he is a rarity amonsgt managers, someone who knows the rules as a qualified referee. If he does retire the game will have lost a bit of its lustre.

holy mother of fuck

I love the way you revel in your ignorance, quite oblivious, of..........everything;)

True, I'm quite single minded in my pursuit of calling you a cunt, to the exclusion of most other things on here.

You must agree that my dedication deserves some reward, so heres the deal -when you stop, so will I. We owe it to ourselves.

True, I'm quite single minded in my pursuit of calling you a cunt, to the exclusion of most other things on here.

You must agree that my dedication deserves some reward, so heres the deal -when you stop, so will I. We owe it to ourselves.

You keep on, it says all we need to know about you, rarely has anyone been so consistently ignorant of so much. I am delighted by your devotion to me. ;)

So back to Warnock.... I listened to the interview he gave after losing to Derby and right before he was sacked. He said, basically, that Leeds won't find a better manager to get them to promotion, and that the last 12 months under his management, the club has improved. Now, I don't know what he was trying to imply by saying that, but I seem to recall Leeds being near the top of the table before he came and I was worried that they would get promoted (not a big fan of Leeds, me). So now they sit in mid-table. How good a manager is he really?

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...