You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

T there's probably enough to go on that you shouldn't need to launch a staunch defense of his credentials. Since you seem intent on doing so, however, what do you feel he has brought to the job? How do you think that Christian Purslow has benefitted our club and justified his position as CEO?

Very well sai! However as far as the anti-Rafa bitters on TLW are concerned - they defend Purslow because he did them the favour of undermining Rafa. Their hypocritical atempts at after-the-fact rationalization are cringe worthy.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All this Purslow stuff started because he stood up to Rafa's arrogance. It's quite simple. A lot of fans are just bothered about Rafa being sacked. See RAWK. Blatantly out of touch with reality

He's getting grief for making the right decision regarding Rafa. He should be commended for doing a deal to ditch Rafa for £6m when he was entitled to £16m.

It's just the Rafapologists who have it in for him

Your post makes sense but where did you get this little gem from?

From (amongst others):

Roy Hodgson coy on Joe Cole speculation - Transfers - ESPN Soccernet

"As far as I know, Joe Cole is still a player looking for a club. I know we've been connected with him and that's good to know - that we've been connected with players of that quality.

"I had a very brief chat with him a little while back but, if you want to know about transfer targets, you'll have to ask [Liverpool managing director] Christian Purslow."

I believe SSN quoted this as suffixed with 'as he is taking care of those discussions'.

From (amongst others):

I believe SSN quoted this as suffixed with 'as he is taking care of those discussions'.

That could mean anything.

I mean Roy Hodgson has been doing this job for years on end, there is no evidence to suggest he's getting players bought and sold off his own accord.

IMO it's just a badly worded way of saying 'He's looking after those discussions'.

From (amongst others):

From that abridged quote you are taking that Purslow is in charge of transfers? Not just the negotiations but you actually think Purslow is identifying the players also?

Nightmare if true.

From that abridged quote you are taking that Purslow is in charge of transfers? Not just the negotiations but you actually think Purslow is identifying the players also?

Nightmare if true.

Lets say Purslow is identifying the players, I`m sure he cant do worse than Rafa, so I really dont understand all this crying.

That said he is not though so what about people trying to pick up all their toys again.

I wouldn't mind if people where going after Purslow with some truths, but they're going after him with speculating, scaremongering rumours.

It's a waste of time.

Then again you don't mind starting a thread defending Purslow with paragraphs after paragraphs of speculation. That was the real waste of time.

Lets say Purslow is identifying the players, I`m sure he cant do worse than Rafa, so I really dont understand all this crying.

That said he is not though so what about people trying to pick up all their toys again.

You managed to throw your toys so far that they remained lost for the whole of last year, just the man to lecture others.

I'm inclined to wait for now, the decisions of Torres and Gerrard still remain the key to our season. That is linked to how convincing Hodgson is, Gerrard and Torres already know the way Purslow and the owners are. If Hodgson manages to convince both of them, he'll be off to a good start.