You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The King

shouter

Im sorry but not enough has been said of the disgracefull way our greatest ever servant has been treated in this shambles over the last few weeks. I never thought id see the day that he would offer himself to the club and be spurned by them twats in charge. It was a big risk for him to do what he did and he is now for the good of the club, putting a brave face on but that is the measure of the man.

I have to agree with his own assement that of the people available he was the right man for the job. Im sure roy is a nice fella and all that but im sorry folks he couldn't lace Kenny's boots. How many managers do you know could take a club like Blackburn get them promoted and within 2 years win the premiership and challenge the mancs the way he did. Im sick of people saying but he had the money, but you still have to spend it right and i remember people questioning him spending 3.5 million on shearer and we all know what happened there. He took a centre half from Norwich and transfered him into one of the best strikers in the country and along with Shearer created a hell of a strike force. Hes won more league titles in this country bar Bacon face, and hes one of the few managers who can compete with him mentally.

I feel for him and i think privately hes hurting and this is totaly unacceptable. Broughtons comments were a fuckin disgrace telling the worlds media that he was never a candidate and that hes happy with his ambassador role. Yeah sure thats why he wanted to be manager. The other thing that has realy bothered me about the comments Broughton made is he never explained why he wasn't a candiate, i feel he just slapped him in the face. I just cant get excited now about this season as im sorry but Roy instead of Kenny is a big mistake, but we all know he wasn't appointed with the good of the team in mind.

Personally I thought it was pretty clear what Broughton meant: namely, that Kenny wasn't considered because the club preferred him to have a permanent role as an ambassador and link between the academy and Melwood. I don't agree with it, and also found it presented in such a cack-handed way that Kenny was quite right to take offence, but there was some sort of logic there, even if it doesn't seem attractive to most of us. Once again, however, it was bad journalism that no one piped up with a 'Why?' when Broughton spoke.

Guest The Chimp
Personally I thought it was pretty clear what Broughton meant: namely, that Kenny wasn't considered because the club preferred him to have a permanent role as an ambassador and link between the academy and Melwood. I don't agree with it, and also found it presented in such a cack-handed way that Kenny was quite right to take offence, but there was some sort of logic there, even if it doesn't seem attractive to most of us. Once again, however, it was bad journalism that no one piped up with a 'Why?' when Broughton spoke.

I wondered about that to be honest.

Although I agree with your sentiments we are in for a period of turmoil which could see us losing our 3 best players. Really dont want kenny to be part of that. I think if it was down to trying to keep players Kenny was the choice and he felt he could convince at least Steven and Fernando to stay however it is the money men who are deciding everything and I have a feeling it will get quite messy even before the start of season. Those on these boards predicting VDV/J cole/ Benzema need to get a grip and try to understand what is happening at the club i.e the banks are calling in / reducing the debt to a manageable level. to those who say selling Gerrard and Torres does not make sense from a purely financial point of view it does as you will be selling two assets probably at the peak of the market due to city inflating all prices. Yes that is good business crap for the team let Roy ride this storm out and leave me with memories of the King as he was and is the greatest.

Guest The Chimp
Kenny should have privately expressed his interest and kept it that way.

Maybe he had an inkling that they didn't want to appoint him? I've no idea, just surmising. That of course might open him up to accusations of politicking, but I'd never doubt that his best intentions always matched those of the club and supporters, so I'm fine with that.

Frankly, if the players aren't prepared to respect Hodgson as well they're not deserving of any respect from us, either. Kenny would have appealed, obviously, but to dismiss Hodgson before any of them have worked with the man or listened to his views would be disgraceful.

Frankly, if the players aren't prepared to respect Hodgson as well they're not deserving of any respect from us, either. Kenny would have appealed, obviously, but to dismiss Hodgson before any of them have worked with the man or listened to his views would be disgraceful.

You see that's exactly how I feel Purslow & Broughton have treated Kenny.

The Yanks wouldn't hire a manager with such a power amongst the supporters that he'd be pratically impossible to fire. That would put them in a horrible position, should The King choose to speak out against them.

It is very rational from their point of view, and they have never cared about what we want. Kind of reminds of Gladiator where Caesar is afraid his power is lesser than that of the man of the people.

You see that's exactly how I feel Purslow & Broughton have treated Kenny.

Well, it's hardly 'exactly' is it? Exploiting the huge affection and respect Kenny commands isn't the same thing as dismissing the abilities of someone because you don't know much about them. The former's about cynicism, the latter's about ignorance.

Can someone give me quotes saying that Kenny actually wanted the job? Because from the little news that I've picked up, he didn't even want the job. But this could be due to the fact that England's dismal World Cup campaign has made me stave off most newspapers.

He did want the job, Broughton said that in the press conference.

Can someone give me quotes saying that Kenny actually wanted the job? Because from the little news that I've picked up, he didn't even want the job. But this could be due to the fact that England's dismal World Cup campaign has made me stave off most newspapers.

His son Paul stated that his dad would love to do the job. Someone else will have to link it cos I cant be arsed, I thought everyone knew that anyway???

Where have you been these last few months?

Well, it's hardly 'exactly' is it? Exploiting the huge affection and respect Kenny commands isn't the same thing as dismissing the abilities of someone because you don't know much about them. The former's about cynicism, the latter's about ignorance.

I can only assume they don't know anything about Kenny if Purslow & Broughton feel Hodgson is a better choice.

And if it's for another reason that Hodgson was chosen over Kenny then surely the players are right to be suspicious.

His son Paul stated that his dad would love to do the job. Someone else will have to link it cos I cant be arsed, I thought everyone knew that anyway???

Where have you been these last few months?

Oh okay, I assumed it was all sensationalist headlines and baseless shit.

I can only assume they don't know anything about Kenny if Purslow & Broughton feel Hodgson is a better choice.

And if it's for another reason that Hodgson was chosen over Kenny then surely the players are right to be suspicious.

Well, that's another issue to the one to which I was responding. But I'm bemused by the amount of strenuous credulity given to our over-indulged players. I doubt most of them are suspicious of anything. They're pampered and over-paid solipsists.

Well, that's another issue to the one to which I was responding. But I'm bemused by the amount of strenuous credulity given to our over-indulged players. I doubt most of them are suspicious of anything. They're pampered and over-paid solipsists.

1) True.

2) Is that a breakfast cereal.

What has Roy won again? Can anybody remind me? Footballing genius against average journey man. Erm yeah he got appointed for footballing reasons didn't he. I can't actualy cope with the fact that he will be Kennys' senior either.

I think Kenny was "never a candidate" because the players will respect him and there was more chance of Kenny convincing Torres to stay and stop him from joining our chairman's Chelsea.

That is absolutely spot on, and I hope someone targets Broughton with a molotov cocktail and it finds it's mark if that happens......

Got this on Friday from a source that I can't name but who has links to Kenny Dalglish:

He says that Kenny Dalglish was not at the press conference yesterday - he watched it at the Academy and went home after it. He says that KD is not going back for at least a few weeks - while he considers his future - during which he will decide to make his stay away permanent.

He says that Kenny has not given any interviews since the press conference and that his quotes praising Roy Hodgson were made after he knew of the appointment but before the press conference. He says that any talk in the papers about Hodgson appointing Dalglish to this role or that role are nothing but spin. His conclusion is "The King has left the building! End of! "

I have no way of confirming the veracity or otherwise of this information but thought that I would pass it on anyway because the links he has are legitimate.

From a mod on RAWK.