You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

I downloaded the first one but haven't given it a go yet. Dabbled with deaths door, which is fun but ran out of steam with it pretty quickly. It just likes locking you in a room and throwing enemies at you, which isn't fun after not very much time.

Completed Demons souls again in the meantime. Was very satisfying working my way through the swamp in one go this time around. Bastard of a level.

4 hours ago, Elite said:

I'm still play Remnant 2.

Best game I've played since Elden Ring. It's an absolute gem of a game that's not got much hype.

I started this and it’s much better than the original. More substantial and the enemies are more realistic. They’ve integrated the root brilliantly into the sequel as they were just jelly enemies in the first. Has a very last of us edge.

14 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I started this and it’s much better than the original. More substantial and the enemies are more realistic. They’ve integrated the root brilliantly into the sequel as they were just jelly enemies in the first. Has a very last of us edge.

I'm rerolling the world's now on my quest to platinum it. Still finding new things I've not seen before after 50hrs of play. Make sure you experiment with the different archetypes (Engineer is great) and weapon mods.

6 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Don’t mind if I do. 

IMG_3293.jpeg

£15 is £15 but Isn't that the fucked version that was shipped out to another developer to remaster and they botched it into a buggy graphical mess?

There was an update to it sometime in 2022 but it didn't fix any of the major issues, don't know if there's been subsequent updates but it sounded at the time like Rockstar just farmed it out to GSG and washed their hands of it.

On 11/11/2021 at 18:35, TD_LFC said:

Rockstar might have fucked it up, doesn't seem like a definitive edition.

nzftt9d6vsy71.png

mfsj5w0swty71.jpg

w4o1vw19yry71.png

35 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

£15 is £15 but Isn't that the fucked version that was shipped out to another developer to remaster and they botched it into a buggy graphical mess?

There was an update to it sometime in 2022 but it didn't fix any of the major issues, don't know if there's been subsequent updates but it sounded at the time like Rockstar just farmed it out to GSG and washed their hands of it.

Mate, I gave up proper gaming years ago. These are games I’ve loved in the past and I’m saving for when I get my blue badge. Basically all the Rockstar ones, Both versions of The Last Of Us and one or two others on the PS3 and PS4. 

I won’t get another console until I’m ready to put serious time into GTA6. 

I finished Starfield after 60+ hours, a lot of that playing time was doing other stuff though. I just got the story out of the way so that it wasn't nagging at me wondering what it was like. For the most part I wasn't really into the story but I did like the way the ending worked, I was expecting it to be annoying in one or more ways but I ended up liking it instead.

Now like with Skyrim I can focus on going off and doing other stuff. It looks like there's plenty to find still and I don't think I've even visited half of the planets/moons. I've only gone part of the way through one faction's quests as well. Then there's all the other things like ship building, researching, modding weapons, outpost building, etc. It's definitely not perfect and has a good few bugs here and there but hopefully over time a good amount of that is sorted out and I'm still really glad to be playing a new Bethesda rpg that I like again.

Finding it very menu/load screen/fast travel heavy which eliminates the desire to walk from A to B to C when you can just fast travel from A straight to C which takes some of the magic out of plotting a route, or just ambling around, you'd get in other Bethesda game.

The loop seems to be 

Fast Travel > talk to someone > fast travel > talk to someone else > fast travel to dungeon > complete dungeon > fast travel back to the first person you spoke to. 

Whereas Fallout 4 felt more organic, you could start in sanctuary, travel south and clear out the Corvega plant to complete a sidequest quest on the way to Boston Police Station to drop off an item and pick up a new radiant quest, before heading East to meet up with Elder Maxson on the Prydwen for part of the main story, getting pulled into a Synth fight, or a side quest that derails you for 30 minutes without having to fast travel or see a loading screen (apart from entering a building/vault) once.

You can't even get from your ship on the landing pad to the Lodge in New Atlantis without three loading screens if you want to walk the short distance.

Despite that I'm really enjoying the little I have played so far.

The fast traveling is usually to skip the entering the ship, leaving the planet, traveling to the orbit of a new planet because of the random hails you get rather than doing the landing part in the same sequence as well (and you can't fast travel land on planets you haven't visited anyway.

New update has been released including adding an FOV slider which hopefully cures the minor travel sickness I'm getting in first person.

23 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Finding it very menu/load screen/fast travel heavy which eliminates the desire to walk from A to B to C when you can just fast travel from A straight to C which takes some of the magic out of plotting a route, or just ambling around, you'd get in other Bethesda game.

The loop seems to be 

Fast Travel > talk to someone > fast travel > talk to someone else > fast travel to dungeon > complete dungeon > fast travel back to the first person you spoke to. 

Whereas Fallout 4 felt more organic, you could start in sanctuary, travel south and clear out the Corvega plant to complete a sidequest quest on the way to Boston Police Station to drop off an item and pick up a new radiant quest, before heading East to meet up with Elder Maxson on the Prydwen for part of the main story, getting pulled into a Synth fight, or a side quest that derails you for 30 minutes without having to fast travel or see a loading screen (apart from entering a building/vault) once.

You can't even get from your ship on the landing pad to the Lodge in New Atlantis without three loading screens if you want to walk the short distance.

Despite that I'm really enjoying the little I have played so far.

Yeah, I'm enjoying it, but it's definitely a different experience for a Bethesda game. 

It's a series of locations, rather than a connected world you can wander. That was arguably half the appeal, losing yourself on an aimless trek and tripping over something to do.

7 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Yeah, I'm enjoying it, but it's definitely a different experience for a Bethesda game. 

It's a series of locations, rather than a connected world you can wander. That was arguably half the appeal, losing yourself on an aimless trek and tripping over something to do.

I don't have Xbox so haven't played it but this would put me off as well. You could spend hours on Fallout and Elder Scrolls just stumbling across dungeons/buildings and finding all sorts of loot in there.

There's nothing to stop this game being based in a single, more densely populated star system, where you can fly planet to planet no mans sky style which would bring that feeling of exploration back.

They could then do what they did with Fallout and open up new systems that you have to load into to tell individual stories as DLC like Far Harbour or Operation Anchorage.

The 1,000 planets is great for marketing purposes but when the majority have a single dungeon, or a cave replicated across multiple seeds then it's all a bit futile.

I't's still got enough of the Bethesda charm to make me want to put 100+ hours into it, and recommend to any Bethesda fan,  but with a little restraint and a bit more focus their's a perfect Bethesda game hiding in it.

While I'm at it the Bethesda reveal could have been ace if Argos was like a big bustling mine (think Jarnsmida in GoW Ragnarock) with huge machinery, mechs/vehicles transporting crates of ore and big open mines scarring the landscape while you wait for the Frontier to arrive, it would have been much better than the flat grey muted reveal we got.

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

"Couldn’t you have made a new Elder Scrolls instead?"

Starfield development officially started just after Fallout 4 was released, Elder Scrolls VI was announced in 2018 but only entered early development in the past month.

Just the 8 years to wait which means Fallout 5 (or Starfield 2) is 15-16 years away.

26 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Starfield development officially started just after Fallout 4 was released, Elder Scrolls VI was announced in 2018 but only entered early development in the past month.

Just the 8 years to wait which means Fallout 5 (or Starfield 2) is 15-16 years away.

I'm foolishly hoping with Microsoft behind them there'll be a Morrowind remaster farmed out before then to tide me over. 

It's the hope that kills you.

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I'm foolishly hoping with Microsoft behind them there'll be a Morrowind remaster farmed out before then to tide me over. 

It's the hope that kills you.

With Obsidian and Bethesda under the Microsoft umbrella I think New Vegas fans are hoping for the same (or a New Vegas sequel).

Yeah I don't actually play Fallout games now as I can't get into the whole setting and gloominess any more, New Vegas was the last one I played. If it was remastered though I'd definitely be wanting to buy it at release to play again. The PS3 version had memory issues too so it'd start crashing in the later stages of the game if the save file had reached a certain size, to the point that it was eventually unplayable for me. I've thought about playing it again with the gog version for pc but it'd probably feel a bit too dated even if mods could solve some of that, a remaster would be great though if done properly.

22 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

There's nothing to stop this game being based in a single, more densely populated star system, where you can fly planet to planet no mans sky style which would bring that feeling of exploration back.

They could then do what they did with Fallout and open up new systems that you have to load into to tell individual stories as DLC like Far Harbour or Operation Anchorage.

The 1,000 planets is great for marketing purposes but when the majority have a single dungeon, or a cave replicated across multiple seeds then it's all a bit futile.

I't's still got enough of the Bethesda charm to make me want to put 100+ hours into it, and recommend to any Bethesda fan,  but with a little restraint and a bit more focus their's a perfect Bethesda game hiding in it.

They reckon the 1000 planet stuff is going to be the huge playground for all the modders. They are releasing a toolkit  or some shit and people can do all kinds of things.

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

They reckon the 1000 planet stuff is going to be the huge playground for all the modders. They are releasing a toolkit  or some shit and people can do all kinds of things.

995 planets filled with busty bikini clad Barbarella style NPC's with storm trooper helmets and 5 planets with Star Wars/Rick and Morty content if other Bethesda mods are anything to go by then.

I'm in...