You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1.5 mil

ElSeano

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They haven't coughed up for anything though so I don't understand your thinking here. Where did the money come from for them to buy the club? Debts on the club. Where did the money come from for us to buy Mascherano, Torres and Babel? Debts on the club. They haven't spent a single fucking penny on anything, the club is in nigh on 400 million quids worth of debt purely for the priviledge of us having the yanks as owners, why do you expect them to cough up any money?

Because there's a chance Rafa will be giving them some proper shit about it, and even if not they'll probably fear him causing them big problems via the press over the coming season if he's not given anything else, and that giving him some more might be seen as the easier and safer option.

Like, if our lack of team/squad strength sees us dropping points all over the place and the manager is made to look stupid, and the club is once again out of a title race....do you think he'll just sit through the press conferences and take it?

I know I might be way off, but this is just such a big season, and the yanks are so close to the edge now that I don't think they can't keep this up without helping the manager out of a mess like this. If they don't, I've got a big feeling Hicks is going to be reminded of those Corinthians fans quite a lot if we don't pull off a miracle with the squad we have, and I really don't think he'll want that.

I really can't wait until this window is just shut and it's over with.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Because there's a chance Rafa will be giving them some proper shit about it, and even if not they'll probably fear him causing them big problems via the press over the coming season if he's not given anything else, and that giving him some more might be seen as the easier and safer option.

Why do you think Purslow is currently chaperoning him at press conferences?

This is a fucking joke. Why would they even want to keep this charade up? Its ridiculous beyond belief. And how can they think, with all the debt they have loaded onto the club, that they will make a profit from the sale? Are they fuckin nuts? Fuckin hillbilly cunt that Hicks is. Why did we get them and Citeh got people with real money? Its so fuckin unfair.

If this is really the case then I would expect Rafa to leave cos he's a man of principle. Instead of "I asked for a table and they brought me a lamp." it'll be "I asked for a table and they gave me fuck all and told me to be grateful for it."

Something MUST be done about these thundercunts.

Were on the same side now its irrelevant if Rafa picks Lucas every game

However I think if things go pear shaped the americans will sack Rafa to buy time.

The best thing for the club is for Rafa to get it right and for all of us to unite against the owners

My fear is Rafa gets it wrong and the teams performance on the pitch detracts from the focus off the pitch

Think Rafa could have spent the money he had better but thats irrelevant now

Well Purslow isn't always going to be there, surely. It might turn out that he stops turning up, we're doing ok, results are good, Rafa's happy. Then if results go bad he'll start off. I don't know, it's doing my head in thinking about it because I really don't want this to happen in a season that we've had so much hope for.

If by cough up something you mean plunging the club even further into debt just to satisfy the fans, then there's half a chance of that happening. Especially considering the shit storm this is going to cause.

Yeah, probably more that than anything else I guess. The shit storm is the thing that keeps coming to mind aswell, it makes me feel shit imagining it considering the chance we could have/could've had this season.

Just unbelievable.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

However I think if things go pear shaped the americans will sack Rafa to buy time.

The best thing for the club is for Rafa to get it right and for all of us to unite against the owners

My fear is Rafa gets it wrong and the teams performance on the pitch detracts from the focus off the pitch

The more Rafa get's it right, the easier ride they will get, as was proven last season.

Fuck sake this is a thread about how the owners have fucked Rafa and every single one of us over yet again, and you find space to dig at Rafa.

How could he have spent the money better? Are we to assume that he knew he would have nothing else? In which case should he have bought more sub-standard players for less money each? If he thought he would have all the money he was supposedly told he would, who would you have bought instead? Instead of arguably the best right back in the league to replace one who wanted to leave. Instead of a very highly rated central midfield player, again, to replace one who wanted to leave. What the fuck else could he have done with that money?

Fuck sake this is a thread about how the owners have fucked Rafa and every single one of us over yet again, and you find space to dig at Rafa.

How could he have spent the money better? Are we to assume that he knew he would have nothing else? In which case should he have bought more sub-standard players for less money each? If he thought he would have all the money he was supposedly told he would, who would you have bought instead? Instead of arguably the best right back in the league to replace one who wanted to leave. Instead of a very highly rated central midfield player, again, to replace one who wanted to leave. What the fuck else could he have done with that money?

you miss the point entirely

What Rafa has done wrong or right doesnt matter anymore and that includes picking Babel and Lucas for the first game of the season however if the team does badly most fans will focus on Rafa rather than the owners.

What Rafa has done wrong or right doesnt matter anymore and that includes picking Babel and Lucas for the first game of the season however if the team does badly most fans will focus on Rafa rather than the owners.

No I completely ignored that point. The point I was picking up on was your criticism of how Rafa has spent the money he HAS had this transfer window. What would you rather he had done with it?

Red Nick you're an idiot if you think as talented a manager as Rafa' needs a so called 'get out of jail card'. Don't be a fool - Do you Really think he WOULDN'T have won us the league by now if he had an owner CAPABLE of competing at the highest level to work with rather than the cheapskate (let's buy 3 players where 1 good one COULD do) Moores or the twin liars (we WON'T debt the club and WILL buy players....yea right).

And as to spending his money better, how? Our immediate needs were a right back and the closest possible replacement we could find to Alonso - We have both whatever the injury situation (and that is mostly Roma's fault for not treating Aquilani's old injuries correctly). Now lets see where we get with Alberto and just take a look at 04/05 quickly if you will and see how FEW times Alonso played in our team REGULARLY until October and beyond and tell me will it really be any different now? Rafa' knows what he's doing and we should trust him as such.

And UEM do you really think if Rafa' loses his rag big style as he did at Valencia that a noneity like Purslow (good business brain or not) will be able to shut him up? No, I think it's a game of brinkmanship between Rafa' and the owners - they MAY give him just enough to get the defender he badly needs in the weeks to come (although he can forget more forwards) OR he'll blow his top publicly and unite the fanbase against and this time it WILL oust them.

I really don't think they'll be ABLE to sack him and survive and they know this. They're just sitting there Micawber like hoping something (or rather some cash for them) will turn up but deep down they know they're between the rock of getting NOTHING for LFC or next to nothing and the hard place of unleashing our fans on them and after what happened at Corinthians that's NOT something Hicks will want believe me; I think they're sitting there not knowing whether to stick or twist and eventually, events, and our fans anger will A:) decide the matter for them and B:) FORCE them to lower our price and get out of town before WE ruin THEM as we did Steve Cohen.

On another note, WHY haven't we attacked them in the US as we did Steve Cohen? Surely they are an odious, FAR greater threat to us than that pond life and thus surely they should be pursued as vigorously? I find it hard to believe that we've done NOTHING in their homeland after all the trouble they've caused for us and it's emboldened the b*stards to the point where they think Liverpool is safe for them when actually it should be something like their vision of hell EVERY time they visit until they get the damn message!!.....................................

No I completely ignored that point. The point I was picking up on was your criticism of how Rafa has spent the money he HAS had this transfer window. What would you rather he had done with it?

That doesnt matter anymore

Seriously it doesnt we ahould all unite behind Rafa whatever our concerns are about the way he has managed the club.

We all need to be united 100% in the same direction

That doesnt matter anymore

Seriously it doesnt we ahould all unite behind Rafa whatever our concerns are about the way he has managed the club.

We all need to be united 100% in the same direction

Please though Nick, indulge me for a moment. What would you have done, with Arby and Xabi wanting out? Where would you have put the money? I'd honestly like to know.

I think that might have been the case but the more details that come out about our finanical position will only strengthen Rafa's legendary status at the club IMHO and rightly so...

Everyday I dream of what it would have been like to have owners like City's at Liverpool and Rafa given the backing he derserves.. We would be looking forward to number 20 this season.

i don't know how the press are getting these numbers and i'm not sure i care if they are right or wrong at the moment.

if they are correct, they can only be coming from one person and that person is rafa.

the owners wouldnt be daft enough to announce via a press leak that we were going to show a transfer profit this year.

if those numbers are wrong then i'm guessing there is an ace up the sleeve somewhere but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense either because we are leaving it awfully late to get someone in.

if what i am reading is true, these cunts really need to go. i have no problem in this club being run like a business. i have no problem in having set budgets, balance sheets and revenue streams as a line item.

in the end the only thing i've ever asked of an owner is that at the end of the day that they be happy with never making a profit on the club, that the goal of every season should be to break even financially.

they need to go and they need to go now.

"run like a business" is just an insult, why should Benitez qualify the team for the CL for the pleasure of them owning us?

what possible incentive does he have apart from raising expectations and making a rod for his own back? i.e look at the news of the world "time for Rafa to deliver" etc.

He will likely resign at some point in the next 12 months unless those cunts sell up