You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1.5 mil

ElSeano

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Maddock. Yes, he's always spot on. This kid sucks shit out of every arse he can and he still gets fucked off by Rafa. The creepy fucker will do anything to try and undermine Liverpool. We know our owners are shitsacks but this Maddock cunt is a fantasist and liar supreme.

Rafa Benitez has been left devastated after being told he has just £1.5million to spend by his club's American owners.

The Liverpool manager has struggled against budget constraints all summer because of the financial crisis at Anfield, and revealed a week ago he was in talks to try and extend his kitty.

Benitez wants a centre half to provide cover in a crucial position, with Daniel Agger suffering from a back problem, and he also would love to sign a wide player who can also operate as a stand in striker.

But after talks with the Yanks, he has been told there is only a miserly sum available - which will not even buy one player, never mind the two he desires.

It has left the Liverpool searching frantically around for a loan signing before the transfer window closes at the end of August, and he has sounded out several targets.

His first choice was Ryan Shawcross, but Stoke have laughed off the suggestion that they would let a defender important to them go out on loan for an entire Premier League season.

Benitez has also enquired about the Real Madrid centre half Ezequiel Garay, and he may have more joy in that direction, with the Spanish giants ready to consider a further loan period for the 22 year old.

Liverpool's Spanish boss was actually in the market for Garay a year ago, but was beaten to the punch by Madrid, who snapped up the Argentina international for £10million, and promptly loaned him back to his former club Racing Santander.

That loan period was up in June, but with the Bernabeu side signing Valencia centre half Raul Albiol in the summer they have no room in the squad for Garay and will consider another loan.

That will suit Benitez perfectly, because he knows that the frankly insulting £1.5million will do little more than pay the loan fee for a year.

Liverpool have been thrust into a desperate financial situation because the American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett have been hit by the worldwide credit crunch, which has reduced dramatically the value of their assets.

They were forced to go to the banks in July to extend loans they took out to buy the club for another year. Hicks and Gillett had extended their debt to around £360million, but were told by banks the RBS and Wachovia that it would have to be reduced.

The pair were asked to find around £60million, and that has come by cutting the Anfield transfer budget and diverting operating profits into repaying some of tyhe loans.

When Benitez negotiated a new contract back in April, he was offered guarantees that he would be given £20million to spend, plus the money from the sale of Robbie Keane to Spurs back in January.

That amounted to almost £38million, and the Spanish coach was also told that he could use any money he generated in the transfer market through sales.

But this summer he has raised more than £40million through the sale of Xabi Alonso, Sebastian Leto, Alvaro Arbeloa, Paul Anderson and Jack Hobbs.

Benitez has spent around £33million of that on signing Glen Johnson and the Italian midfielder Alberto Aquilani, who was a direct replacement for Alonso.

But it means he has made a PROFIT in the transfer market in a summer which was widely perceived to be a massive one in the history of the club, given how close they were to becoming genuine title contenders.

The Anfield boss believed that he needed two more quality signings to allow his side to make the final step to becoming Champions, but instead he will now have to shop in the bargain basement for just one more addition to his squad.

He has also enquired about taking the Portsmouth defender Sylvain Distin on loan, but was again met with near incredulity by the South coast club.

What will have angered Benitez most is that he was in a position to sign the Spain international winger David Silva from Valencia, but then had to pull out of the deal because he didn't have the money to meet the £17million asking price.

The Reds manager has so far refrained from speaking out about the apparent u-turn on their word by the American owners, but he is known privately to be angry about the situation, and may not be able to resist a reaction in the coming days.

Cunts.

David Maddock. Yes, he's always spot on. This kid sucks shit out of every arse he can and he still gets fucked off by Rafa. The creepy fucker will do anything to try and undermine Liverpool. We know our owners are shitsacks but this Maddock cunt is a fantasist and liar supreme.

That page is also stirring shit about Riera thats a load of bollocks.

Absolutely criminal if true which I suspect it probably is. I said in another thread before that I can see some more conflict potentially bubbling up to another public shit storm again in the near future and this just hightens my fears . I back the manager 100% in this. This is arguably our most important pre season ever, and once again these oxygen thieving bastards have gave us and Rafa more false promises. Honestly, I can see him walking before the season is out and I wouldn't blame him. His ability to over achieve with the squad in the past seasons is papering over the criminal lack of support he is getting from the owners. They are killing us. I'm fuckin livid at the thought of them bastards.

if that is true all i want is them two bastards to get cancer and die before xmas fucking cunts. what they are getting away with doing to our football club we as supportes need to get our fucking act tgother and do everything possible to get these shower out we should have been able to bring a world class winger and striker in this summer instead with them in charge we are in danger of going backwards oh!! thanks mr morres you are a scumbag of the highest order and i hope you die of a horrible death!!! trust me i mean every word of what i say how as a football club are we ever going to move forward with these cunts in charge!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't want him to go but he'd be snapped up instantly by City/Madrid etc on potentially a lot higher salary.

His love for the club keeps him here.

Aye but if he hangs on and waits until he's sacked he'll get a huge payout and then be snapped up by City/Madrid on a huge salary.

I'm not saying he's here for money but at the end of the day with millions of pounds on the table who wouldn't look out for themselves?

Not reading or believing a single fucking thing from the mirror. Some of you guys seem to do be doing both though, have you gone mental? Surely it's better seeing if that's followed up by other papers and then having a think about what's going on if so?

Total Bullshix.

1.5m. and to rub salt in, Silva ours for 17m

Hahaha, just scrolled down and read that though, at least there's a bit of comedy going on.