You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alberto Aquilani

ReddOrDedd

It's a fuckin joke situation, we were led to believe he would be playing mid october. After the cameo against arsenal i thought we'd have a potential class player in the side or at least coming off the bench. But with the season going to shit, maybe rafa didnt want him being used as a scapegoat and is making sure he is 100% fit to play. As we've seen all to often in recent games players are breaking down injured due to playing when they aren't fit.

I'm just asking you who you would have signed? That's all.

If is was payed £4m a year to manage a team i'd have a better idea. Do you honestly think it would be impossible for us to get anyone good for that price?

He could be brilliant and i obviously hope he is but it's too late for him to help us win anything which makes it a bit pointless. That's if we're still actually a big club.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
I'm sure lots of clubs signed lots of midfielders this summer. I wonder why no club was ready to compete with us for Aquilani?

When you find answer to that question, your question will automatically get answered.

Because Eduardo Macia is really good at his job and we had the deal agreed and ready to go months before the actual transaction?

At least Carradonna had a go at answering. The rest of you are funny. Surely you could name a feasible target. Maybe someone who changed clubs last summer - thereby definitely being available.

As for pissing Alonso off - fuck Alonso he underperfromed big time for two seasons and only pulled his finger out when he realised he wasn't untouchable. He's gone. Shit like this happens. United lost Ronaldo, Michael Owen left, Macmanaman left - life goes on. Stop dwelling and look forward!

At least Carradonna had a go at answering. The rest of you are funny. Surely you could name a feasible target. Maybe someone who changed clubs last summer - thereby definitely being available.

Supporting the manager for spunking £20m on someone who won't play for more than 3 months, when the team badly needed a midfielder, is equally funny. If not more.

At any case, what if I said Lee Catermole? You will probably ridicule me for even suggesting his name.

As Brownie said earlier, excuses are really the way forward these days.

As for pissing Alonso off - fuck Alonso he underperfromed big time for two seasons and only pulled his finger out when he realised he wasn't untouchable. He's gone. Shit like this happens. United lost Ronaldo, Michael Owen left, Macmanaman left - life goes on. Stop dwelling and look forward!

Whoops. Careful or you'll have the revisionists who claim he was our best player in every match for the last 27 years down your throat.

A-fucking-men. If only some people would open their eyes and see this also. But they wont because they'd lose that lovely pointless stick they get to use to beat Benitez with.

We are also not a World Class club. No way could a club that is run like ours is be considered world class anymore.

Cambiasso was who i wanted at the time but fucks knows how realistic that would have been. The point is, we dont know who is available or how much they're valued at. The people who can find out that kind of thing are paid millions to make decisions based on that knowledge. If they get it wrong people either wonder whether they should continue in the job or cook up all manner of excuses for why it's going wrong.

I do agree about Alonso though. He'd have lfet no matter what and no one can blame him for that.

Supporting the manager for spunking £20m on someone who won't play for more than 3 months, when the team badly needed a midfielder, is equally funny. If not more.

At any case, what if I said Lee Catermole? You will probably ridicule me for even suggesting his name.

As Brownie said earlier, excuses are really the way forward these days.

I'm going to ignore the Brownie reference, it really does your debate no good to reference someone so one-eyed.

I'm not actually supporting the manager. I'm willing to hear both sides of the debate and then make my mind up. The fact that I am even asking questions is jumped upon by people like yourself because you have made your mind up.

If it was that easy you would have listed ten players that we could have signed.

Spy Bee okay here goes -

Hamsik

Montolivo

Noble

Parker

Melo

This is by the by, the lad might be class, we'll have to see wont we.

Fair dues. Having not watched too much non-Liverpool footy in the last couple of years I'm not too familiar. Parker? Hmm I think I'd take my chances with Aquilani. Parker is no beter than Lucas.

On the others I'll have to jjust accept what you say... did any of them move clubs last summer?

Fair dues. Having not watched too much non-Liverpool footy in the last couple of years I'm not too familiar. Parker? Hmm I think I'd take my chances with Aquilani. Parker is no beter than Lucas.

On the others I'll have to jjust accept what you say... did any of them move clubs last summer?

Hamsik will move soon and he'll be class. Melo moved to Juventus.

Parker is better than Lucas imo.

And for whoever asked De Rossi did say he wouldnt leave Roma or atleast Roma said he'd never leave.

It doesn't matter if they moved. As shit as we are now we're still a bigger and better team than 95% of the teams in the world. If they found somone good at all but about 10 teams we should be able to sign them.

Well, when we are drawing at home and trying to chase a win (or hold on for a draw..depends who you are), I would much prefer a fully fit player to come off the bench and be able to launch themselves into a tackle and give their everything, than a half fit player who will pussy out of a challenge and possibly be scared to sprint at the risk of aggrevating the injury.

But that's just me maybe.

Isnt that what we did yesterday by bringing on Aurelio instead of Aquilani or Riera?

Just looking at the players we had fit yesterday, who would you have had on the bench instead of semi fit Benni, Aquilini and Riera?