You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

After much deliberation i have come to the conclusion that you are a complete bellend.

Change the bloody record,we'll never sign that idiot you keep banging on about.He plays in a mickey-mouse league and isn't even the best player in the league,it's never going to happen.

Also Rafa is here for the long run,you cant change that so if even for this season,would you contemplate actually supporting the club and give the tripe you manage to type a miss?

This was the same response I got 4 years ago when I said we should look at Hangeland as a cheap replacement for Hyypia.

Dont worry, I will not not insult you, I`m just laughing at you.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was the same response I got 4 years ago when I said we should look at Hangeland as a cheap replacement for Hyypia.

How very nice of you,if it makes you feel any better i spend a lot of my time while i'm on this forum laughing at you.

Not really that funny - I'd prefer to have had Hyypia for the last four years than Hangeland at all.

Is Skjelbred a relative?

Not at all, he is just a midfielder with fantastic potential ready to take the next step in his career to develop even further.

He has got vision, he has got pace, he has got a great engine, he can tackle, he is great on the ball and off the ball, with better players around him I cant see any limits for how far he can reach.

He will come to England and he will be a success, I`d ratehr spend £4M on him now than £15M aftre his first season in the PL.

Cattermole can fuck off!

VDV & Huntelaar & 10m EURO = a good deal imo

what source is that taken from?

Huntelaar would be an ace signing, as would VDV. Both are great players and would improve us massively. I think i read somewhere that Huntelaar scored something like 130 goals in 150 games which is exactly what is required. However - Kuyt scored 30 a season in Holland and as much as i love him - his goals dried up pretty quick against top class defenders - whats to say Huntelaar is any different. Atleast VDV has played in Germany and Spain and has done well in both leagues.

We should be snapping Madrid's hand off with an offer like that - and the arm, and the entire side of the body that the arm in attached to. I like Xabi, i really do - but cash plus those 2 is a brilliant deal.

Sadly it wont happen in a million years - Real paid £16m for VDV and £17m for Huntelaar so they will want to see some return for £33m worth of investment.

And Rafa has strange view's on some signings - the fact he's said nothing about a swap deal suggests he's not keen on any of their players.

Shame really - that would make us a winger away from a perfect squad imo

skjelbred could be a good option according to some, i dont know much about him but i really think Rafa needs more English players. Agreed on VDV it would mean shifting Gerrard which is no bad thing for some games as we need a plan B but could we afford vdv and a cm whilst satisfing the quota?

Just thinking of players we could potentially get in that they may want to move and are relatively realistic in terms of their current situation if we meet the asking price:

Distin, Dunne, Richards, Turner, Bassong, Taylor, mancienne, anyukov

m and a Johnson, Cattermole, noble, martinez, Delph, Hamsik, Valbuena,

Kuba, Young, Silva, VDV, srna - silva and young are pushing it i know

Tuncay, Huntelaar, Bent, pogrebnyak

Apologies if some have moved on or signed new deals just thinking of realistic and in some cases affordable options. Who else could we go for.

I am sure Rafa will surprise us all though!

I also got laughter ( mainly from Milan ) when I said we should go for Hangeland when he was at Copenhagen. The main difference is that Hangeland has taken step by step, improving all the time. Skjelbred has been poor for several seasons, and has stagnated.

At 18 he looked a real prospect, but after that horrible injury he has never been able to continue his development, and is nothing more than an average player in the norwegian league that is one of the poorer in Europe also proven by how norewgian teams compete in Europe.

Rosenborg eliminated by Quarabag ( the massive Azerbajanian side ) where Skjelbred failed to impress ( again )

Fredrikstad losing 1-6 at home against a polish side.

Vålerenga losing at home against PAOK

Skjelbred is simply not good enough. Not even remotely close to beeing good enough, and I would compare his standard to Hæstad who went to Wigan, only to play one match before being ditched back. He is nowhere near the quality of Lucas, a player you like to ridicule. He is nowhere near the level of Cattermole. He would be eaten alive in the premier league.

In my opinion.

He returned to training yesterday, with the rest of the squad.

If that is the case that really isnt very helpful having a player that doesnt want to be there.

Have to say Real Madrid, LFC Xabi and Rafa have all behaved like complete twats on this one. A total fuck up from start to finish and another fuck up of a pre-season.

If Xabi is on the plane to Spain to play Espanol it will really be very unhelpful indeed.

Guest Kenny
VDV would only make sense if we move Gerrard back to midfield.

VDV is a superb in the hole but I`m not sure we will move Gerrard from his current position.

Harry Kewell mark 2.

If that is the case that really isnt very helpful having a player that doesnt want to be there.

Have to say Real Madrid, LFC Xabi and Rafa have all behaved like complete twats on this one. A total fuck up from start to finish and another fuck up of a pre-season.

If Xabi is on the plane to Spain to play Espanol it will really be very unhelpful indeed.

Would you not keep him then? Madrid are twats no matter what but not sure what Rafa and Xabi are yet.

Sadly it wont happen in a million years - Real paid £16m for VDV and £17m for Huntelaar so they will want to see some return for £33m worth of investment.

The thing about Madrid (and Barcelona to a lesser extent) is that the new regime always wants to sweep away the remnants of the previous regime, whether it makes footballing sense or not. Perez might play ball because he wants the squad to have more of his stamp on it and less of Ramon Calderon's. He also wants to unDutchify (if that's a word!:|) the squad as he feels they don't offer too much in terms of marketing potential. They are not galactico enough.

Your gonna love this

HATCHET MAN: Blundering Rafa Benitez leaves Liverpool fans fearing who will follow Xabi Alonso out of Anfield | Mail Online

Blundering Benitez leaves Liverpool fans fearing who will follow Xabi Alonso out of Anfield

By Hatchet Man

Last updated at 10:35 AM on 30th July 2009

Xabi Alonso apparently wants to leave Liverpool for Real Madrid and who can blame him?

The Spanish club’s ambition may be muddled, but at least they are showing some. Liverpool look like all they are doing is hoping against hope that they might still be able to compete for second place.

Lee Cattermole and Michael Turner as transfer targets say it all.

One was off-loaded by Middlesbrough to Wigan before his 22nd birthday (and looks set to become Steve Sidwell Mk II), while the other failed to establish himself at Charlton.

They might both have found respect in the Barclays Premier League since but neither is Champions League material at the moment.

Even if Rafa Benitez is only interested in them to boost Liverpool's English contingent for European competition they could cost a combined total of nearly £20million and how much would be left for proper signings?

Alonso might attract a fee of close to £30m but the club have already spent £17m on Glen Johnson and the fees from selling off a couple of squad players won't add up to much when Manchester City are inflating the market.

Anfield is a mess and it is almost entirely Benitez's doing. He has greater control of transfers than ever, remember. He also has to be held responsible for the number of English players coming through after dispensing with the services of the highly-rated Steve Heighway a couple of years ago.

He wanted Alonso out last summer as part of an ill-conceived plan to buy Gareth Barry and despite events forcing him to shelve it then, he has blundered on with painful stubbornness.

Fernando Torres has already voiced his concern about the midfielder’s impending departure and Liverpool fans must be wondering who will be next.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

That is quite brilliant

Just for reference, the lad who normally covers Liverpool for the mail has been away for a fortnight

Jesus. What can you say about an article like that? It uses a link to two players we probably won't even buy to launch an attack against rafa.

Anfields a mess because we've been linked to two players the mail deems not good enough? At least wait until rafa's bought them before lambasting him.

Thats the mail for you i guess. Who reads that shit anyway?

To think we were 4 points off the title with our 2 best players out, what a crisis. How are we a mess, we have a great chance to win it next year and we are always good in the cl.

Our owners are the problem, not Rafa

I would be worried if i agreed with the hatchet man to be honest, a cunt at a shite paper.

Would you not keep him then? Madrid are twats no matter what but not sure what Rafa and Xabi are yet.

All 4 parties have behaved like complete idiots this transfer should have been done weeks ago. The stand off between Rafa and Xabi was so unessecary and the one between the two clubs aint much better either and to cap it all Krustly is not here to take the blame.

All 4 parties have behaved like complete idiots this transfer should have been done weeks ago. The stand off between Rafa and Xabi was so unessecary and the one between the two clubs aint much better either and to cap it all Krustly is not here to take the blame.

I think it is complicated and a political minefield but i wonder if things would have been different if we had funds? Maybe Rafa thinks he can keep xabi?

I would still keep him but i get the impression you want rid, i think Xabi would still perform. I can see the shit hitting the fan with Masch next season too.