You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IfithadntbeenforRafa...

really, some of the posts on here have become embarrassing. I'm far from rafa's staunchest defender, but I do have to wonder what mental proceesses some people have to go through to come up with absurd claims such as Rafa costing us the league! Take a good look at yourselves, lads....

It's simple, people were delighted when we were doing badly and couldn't wait to come here and tell everyone how awful he is and we'll never improve. Finishing second threw a spanner in the works and this is the first opportunity since then to stick the knife in.

You lot are fucking tiresome and ridiculously petulant.

Rafa made a decision last year to sell Xabi as he thought it would better the team.

Rafa should have no alliances with players, especially one who has been largely inconsistent and hardly relevant in the previous two years.

Rafa did not do this for personal gain. If he did, then he would also have come out this year and try to sell him. He didn't, he did this for footballing reasons.

Rafa brought Alonso here, and it was under us that Alonso won a fucking Champions League medal. Alonso is not doing us a fucking favour.

People on here would eat shit out of Alonso's ass. Hes a fucking player, he is not Gerrard, or Carra, or Sami, hes a fucking player (not a legend) who is paid to play. If he wants gone then FUCK HIM, sincerely.

Rafa was fucked over a whole lot more by his owners than Xabi has been by Rafa. And Rafa has got on with his job, and Rafa did NOT fuck off to Madrid, purely because of how much he loves our club and us fans. Xabi has been played every game possible last season and Rafa has said time and time again how much he wants to keep Alonso. And if still, Alonso wants to go, how can anybody on here pretend he loves our club as much as Rafa? He doesn't.

Xabi is playing on our sympathy. If he goes to Real it will be for A) Money and B) the Stardom, not because of fucking Rafa.

If nothing happened last year, Xabi would still have had his head turned if Madrid came in this year (like they have)

Anybody believing otherwise is in fucking denial.

Ha ha, the spin machine in overdrive. Going for a job at Labour I see.

You lot are fucking tiresome and ridiculously petulant.

Rafa made a decision last year to sell Xabi as he thought it would better the team.

Rafa should have no alliances with players, especially one who has been largely inconsistent and hardly relevant in the previous two years.

Rafa did not do this for personal gain. If he did, then he would also have come out this year and try to sell him. He didn't, he did this for footballing reasons.

Rafa brought Alonso here, and it was under us that Alonso won a fucking Champions League medal. Alonso is not doing us a fucking favour.

People on here would eat shit out of Alonso's ass. Hes a fucking player, he is not Gerrard, or Carra, or Sami, hes a fucking player (not a legend) who is paid to play. If he wants gone then FUCK HIM, sincerely.

Rafa was fucked over a whole lot more by his owners than Xabi has been by Rafa. And Rafa has got on with his job, and Rafa did NOT fuck off to Madrid, purely because of how much he loves our club and us fans. Xabi has been played every game possible last season and Rafa has said time and time again how much he wants to keep Alonso. And if still, Alonso wants to go, how can anybody on here pretend he loves our club as much as Rafa? He doesn't.

Xabi is playing on our sympathy. If he goes to Real it will be for A) Money and B) the Stardom, not because of fucking Rafa.

If nothing happened last year, Xabi would still have had his head turned if Madrid came in this year (like they have)

Anybody believing otherwise is in fucking denial.

Some people need to pay attention to the bit above I've highlighted before they comment.

Keegan and Souness spring to mind even though Souness was a big loss we still won trophies without him

They both needed to be replaced - we won nothing (and were in the bottom 3 at one stage)the season after Souness left. It was only when McMahon signed that we got our mojo back, I seem to remember.

The point is - who is going to replace Xabi?

How has Xabi fucked up?

By not wanting to leave the club until he became inferior to Barry in only Rafa's mind?

By taking the insult of being used as trade bait to lure an inferior player in his stride and being our player of the season in a lot of people's eyes?

Oh boo fucking hoo. I was as opposed to the Barry/Alonso "swap" as anyone but the idea that it entitles Xabi to a permanent grudge is laughable. He's a professional footballer, not some insecure narcissistic pop star. He's been loudly and unequivocally backed by the manager following a season in which he started the vast majority of games for which he was available. If that isn't good enough to wipe the slate in Xabi's eyes then he's obviously not as committed to the club as his supporters (of which I'm a huge one) have assumed. This hysterical obsessing over Rafa's "Barry betrayal" is as pathetic as Ashley Cole having to stop his car because Arsenal offered him "only" £60k a week. People need to grow the fuck up.

But they are not really concerned about poor little Alonso and his hurt feelings. They could care less about Alonso. They and their friend at the NoW manufactured the story in order to use it as a stick to beat Rafa. That's how hypocritical they are.

The sooner this deal is done the better. We don't need any player who doesn't want to be here. Get the money in and spend it on players who do want to be here. I'm amazed it's dragged on for so long.

Well the message may be a bit harsh but overall, I agree with your sentiments. Much as I wouldnt like to see Alonso leave, it was clear to me at the last home game that he sees his future away from Anfield. And, having seen how he was treated the season before as the makeweight in the barry deal, I cant say I really blame him.

I wouldnt take a penny less than £30m for him though.

we shouldn't be a selling club.

The club should be busting it's balls to keep key players, including working round the tax problem.

It's the summer bored and tired of all the slow journalism.

overall I think the transfers at the club have been poor, dossena shite, keane shite, Lucas fkin rubbish (Danny Murphy would be more effective), Barry what a farce that was. Have a look at the size of our squad it's circa 60 players. I mean how do you manage that, that's 4 full sides.

rant over

We arent a 'selling' club ffs! Just how to you come to that conclusion? Alonso wants to leave (imo), mascherano is playing silly buggers to get a pay rise (give it to him) and arbeloa may be surplus to requirements but we're talking to him about a new contract.

Anyhow, if we dont sell the odd player now and tehn, just where is the cash to buy new players going to come from?

God some people on here talk shite.

Xabi Alonso is one of the best players this club has ever had. Put him wherever you want on the list but he is on it and the disrespect some of you cretins show him is disgusting, you've got more time to wank over Jacko than give the basic respect to a lad who has been nothing but a great servant for our club.

Yes we did finish second as some people have pointed out and Alonso was as big a reason for that as any, of course Rafa always gets it right though, just look at Keane (another he treated like a cunt.. but it was Keane's fault.. yeah right).

Rafa was WRONG to want rid of Alonso and that's a FACT.

He's been backed by the manager who was willing to sell him for a third of the price last season and yet somehow the manager is still right? That would have been a monumental fuck up but as usual somehow Rafa was right, even when proven spectacularly wrong.

If Xabi has made the decision to leave I don't blame him. The lad oozes class on and off the pitch and to be treated like he was by us entitles him to walk anywhere he wants no questions asked (other than places we wouldn't want him to go and he wouldn't go anyway).

How people can look at what Xabi gives us on the pitch, hear how he speaks about this club and city and then not be assed if he leaves or turn on him as some have is fucking laughable.

This idea it is just another job is bollocks. You can't help but be hurt when you are putting your heart and soul into something as Alonso so clearly does. The same people who are having a pop at Alonso for having feelings are the same ones who are so quick to talk about how close this club with the relationship between players and fans and how we are all one.... well this thread proves beyond doubt that is utter bollocks. Footy is just a job apparently...

We are lucky to have him here and we should not have been looking to sell him in the first place, Rafa is just lucky that Xabi is such a class act that he didn't let the insult he suffered affect his performances.

If he goes for 35m we earn a lucky financial victory.

If he stays (doubtful now) we would gain so much more than money.

I never thought I'd see the day when I heard our fans spout off like Chelsea fans.

Once again

PRICE OF EVERYTHING, VALUE OF NOTHING.

If players don't want to play for us then we shouldn't be bending over backwards trying to keep them.

Ask not what we can do for them, but what they can do for us etc.

I'm not overly concerned about any of the players discussed leaving, I'm only bothered about us getting the right sort of fee for them.

As it is, we haven't sold anybody yet.

It's simple, people were delighted when we were doing badly and couldn't wait to come here and tell everyone how awful he is and we'll never improve. Finishing second threw a spanner in the works and this is the first opportunity since then to stick the knife in.

Let's not forget the stone genius of "He may have been the reason we were challenging for the title but he was also the reason we didn't win the title."

Like most internet forums, far too many people on here just base their opinions on who it means they can be seen to agree with.

Xabi Alonso is one of the best players this club has ever had. Put him wherever you want on the list but he is on it and the disrespect some of you cretins show him is disgusting, you've got more time to wank over Jacko than give the basic respect to a lad who has been nothing but a great servant for our club.

Yes we did finish second as some people have pointed out and Alonso was as big a reason for that as any, of course Rafa always gets it right though, just look at Keane (another he treated like a cunt.. but it was Keane's fault.. yeah right).

He's been backed by the manager who was willing to sell him for a third of the price last season and yet somehow the manager is still right? That would have been a monumental fuck up but as usual somehow Rafa was right, even when proven spectacularly wrong.

If Xabi has made the decision to leave I don't blame him. The lad oozes class on and off the pitch and to be treated like he was by us entitles him to walk anywhere he wants no questions asked (other than places we wouldn't want him to go and he wouldn't go anyway).

How people can look at what Xabi gives us on the pitch, hear how he speaks about this club and city and then not be assed if he leaves or turn on him as some have is fucking laughable.

This idea it is just another job is bollocks. You can't help but be hurt when you are putting your heart and soul into something as Alonso so clearly does. The same people who are having a pop at Alonso for having feelings are the same ones who are so quick to talk about how close this club with the relationship between players and fans and how we are all one.... well this thread proves beyond doubt that is utter bollocks. Footy is just a job apparently...

We are lucky to have him here and we should not have been looking to sell him in the first place, Rafa is just lucky that Xabi is such a class act that he didn't let the insult he suffered affect his performances.

I never thought I'd see the day when I heard our fans spout off like Chelsea fans.

Once again

Crawl out of his arse, you can see much more from out here, might even stop you spouting shit.

The bits in bold are laughable, you've also managed to contradict yourself a few times in there.

Let's not forget the stone genius of "He may have been the reason we were challenging for the title but he was also the reason we didn't win the title."

Like most internet forums, far too many people on here just base their opinions on who it means they can be seen to agree with.

I agree.

Once again

I'll be blunt.

You talk utter shite.

Rafa's had more shit off the owners than Xabi's had off the manager and he's continually fucked Madrid off.

Now crawl back under whatever stone you came from.

No player is bigger than the club and thats a FACT. I'm sure if he does go he won't be going with a gun at his head, it'll be because he wants to.

As a club and fans we need to move on and man up, instead of acting like a gang of Brosettes getting all militant because the nasty Goss brothers have kicked Ken out the band.