You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Howard Webb

RobbieOR

And the average point differential between first and second over the last few years? 2%.

Correct but I think it only relates to Dowd, Dean and Webb. Without reading the thing again I think most of the other refs came out pretty much even . The Arse guy that posted his research hadn't gone as far as to trying to extrapolate the effect the bias the statistiscs demonstrated these three had shown into the possible effects on the league table . I guess you would need to look at the number of games they reffed involving the top sides but I would speculate its been enough to win the Mancs the odd title !

I fear we will all be having the same discussion next season.

Correct but I think it only relates to Dowd, Dean and Webb. Without reading the thing again I think most of the other refs came out pretty much even . The Arse guy that posted his research hadn't gone as far as to trying to extrapolate the effect the bias the statistiscs demonstrated these three had shown into the possible effects on the league table . I guess you would need to look at the number of games they reffed involving the top sides but I would speculate its been enough to win the Mancs the odd title !

I fear we will all be having the same discussion next season.

Look around the web for Jeff Winters League of Injustiçe. A year or 2 ago he examined refereeing decisions in each match and revised the results accordingly. It was interesting although ultimately it didn't really prove much.

Jeff Winter - Jeff Winter's League Of Injustice Table || Boro, Darlington, Hartlepool news, reviews and comment

Look around the web for Jeff Winters League of Injustiçe. A year or 2 ago he examined refereeing decisions in each match and revised the results accordingly. It was interesting although ultimately it didn't really prove much.

Jeff Winter - Jeff Winter's League Of Injustice Table || Boro, Darlington, Hartlepool news, reviews and comment

As you say interesting but Winter doesnt point any fingers or suggest any conspiracy. All down to poor decisions. Ultimately a bit of self publicity which probably earned him a bob or two.

Also, Winter's revised results are a nonsense. For example, when Spurs beat Wigan 3-0 at the JJB, DeFoe was a mile offside for his first goal, so Winter has revised the result to 2-0. He takes no account of it being the first goal of the game, and therefore changed every kick of the ball from that point on. He couldn't know the effect it would have, of course, but it exposes his revisions for what they are.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its a sad fucking state of affairs when a post about a referee has 38,000 views. Just shows how much fans worry about these useless bastards and the power they have over games.

When we see his name reffing one of our games it fills me with dread. How is that right when these pricks should be annonmous?

Sorry mate, but are you living in a box padded with candy floss? Webb hates us

Maybe. Though I generally give everyone the benefit of the doubt. And i generally don't think refs are biased toward or against one team. Too much for them to lose.

Haven't seen anything from Webb but I don't really look out for it.

Maybe. Though I generally give everyone the benefit of the doubt. And i generally don't think refs are biased toward or against one team. Too much for them to lose.

Haven't seen anything from Webb but I don't really look out for it.

up until the last year or so I thought Webb was a decent ref, unless he was reffing either us, or the Mancs, or worse both at the same time, since then he has just been utter shite all round

He used to be alright, and earned his title of 'the best of a bad bunch'. He's awful now though. In other news, I'm pretty sure that we have Lee Mason in charge of the game on Wednesday. Great.

For me Lee Mason is hands down the worst ref I have ever seen in my lifetime. I've never seen a ref get so many easy decisions wrong. He truly is awful!