You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Howard Webb

RobbieOR

He's gave the mancs 8 pens in his last 9 games.

Apparently...

Howard Webb has awarded 54 penalties in the Premier League, 9 of them to the Mancs, that's quite a revealing stat in itself, nearly 17% to one team! Wonder what the other ref stats are.

which if correct will no doubt result in the drunk one mentioning it at least 48 times to the press this week and the gurantee of no penalties for us

Every interview with the pissed one since the cup game he has mentioned how he cant believe they lost.

You can guarantee he will be doing everything he is capable off to make sure that dosent happen again.

which if correct will no doubt result in the drunk one mentioning it at least 48 times to the press this week and the gurantee of no penalties for us

Can't see the press talking about anything other than Luis, especially if he hits the ground running tonight. Pisshead can say what he fucking well likes the old cunt.

Would love Evra to foul Luis in the penalty area and we get a pen which Stevie obviously buries for the winner in injury time. Sweet Justice.

Redpaul? I'm more interested in the stat's of pens that b*stard Webb's refused Us. I can think of at least 3 off the top of my head. 2 against Stoke a few weeks back & the most nailed on one you can Ever think of against Arsenal at Anfield a couple of years back.

Whelan? They're not the first team to net 4 consecutive pens - Pretty sure we or rather Jan Molby did against Coventry City over 2 games inside a week back in the 80's yes?

Scouse Tapas? It's simple How they lost in the Cup. We adopted His favourite tactic at Anfield of the last few years. The one that often never works at OT (usually due to referees) for us. In other words? We sat back, waited for them to make a mistake after playing in front of us for much of the match - Pounced when they did - Then finally attacked, forced another mistake & picked up the winner right at the end when they'd worn themselves out with said mucking around in front of our defence. As I said? That (particularly the first part of it) is something they do or Did do until we finally rumbled it at Anfield All the time of late & it had a lot to do with Rafa's fucking awful record against them. Mind you - Fergie's no innovator - He nicked it off Ged Houllier who Always used to embarrass him with it back in the day. Wonder if that's how we'll go on Saturday. I think not - They might have had a lot of the FA Cup game but? We dominated our last league match v them far more & haven't lost to them in 3 games now. As for their 'dominance' in the Cup game? Well Alonso used to dominate Those encounters for us in the middle in the same way Scholes did then also but guess Which side nearly Always made off with the spoils? I rest my case.

In short? If we attack them in their own backyard on Saturday? It's probably the Last thing that drunken Taggart alike will expect or want as they've got nothing Like the quality they once had to cope with such tactics - As such? Do That? & The results might just be pleasantly suprising for us - Either way? I don't think we'll lose Saturday & I don't say that often (especially not when we go There) but this time? I really don't think we will - We shall see................

I didn't check the stoke penalties at all... but I just watched the highlights of the united/chelsea match.

I missed those two penalties, and fucking hell... I guess the first one was a bit soft, but I've seen it given.

That second one was an absolute fucking disgrace.

2nd one was a typical Stretford End pen. Contrast it with the one we didn't get against Stoke, when Shawcross (or was it Huth) had Andy Carroll in a headlock, seconds after Webb told them to cut out the funny stuff.

On a side note.... my understanding was that Martin Atkinson, who is on Ferguson's current banned list, was originally slated to ref the FA Cup match.... but had a mysterious virus and Halsey had to step in. Atkinson was back again for the next match (sending off the aforementioned Huth). Suspicious, or am I succumbing to the paranoia?

• 6 months later...