You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa to finally pen 5 year deal next week?

We're certainly not where we were under Souness, but then have never been since he left the club.

For me the manager has to take responibility for what happens on the pitch. On more than one occasion this season Benitez has said "if you are not playing well, then it is important not to lose". No Rafa, if you know were not playing well get off the 3 shittest players and replace them rather than making the substitions your fitness computer programme told you to do

Who else is there just doesn't wash it with me, as a club we should always have 3 or 4 candiates in mind at all times, in case we have a repeat of the Kenny thing, the Souness heart bypass, the Houllier heart problem, the rafa getting off to Madrid situation. We should never not be prepared.

you're a real bundle of laughs, Chuckles.

we have just hammered Real Madrid 5-0 on aggregrate, we're in the quarters of the CL; based on all the data we are the number one club in europe's CL over these last 4 years; and despite limited resources we have been fighting for the premiership title with united and chelsea.

FFS Get off Rafa's back and support the fuking club.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss
If you can accept not winning the PL for the next 5 years then obviously if wouldnt be as bad for you as horrendous it is for me.

I don't want to accept that at all.

Who do you think he should be replaced with?

I see Rafa`s PR machine all are avoiding the fact we have brought in 27 new players since the 05/06 season when we finished 1 point behind the mancs while they only have brought in 10.

Any reason for this?

Maybe the fact we already have sold or loaned out 22,22 of these same players, while the mancs have loaned out or sold 10% them also should tell us something about where the real problem lies when it comes to our transfer dealings.

Its not about money, its all about being able to spot a good player and make your players perform to the top of their potential, not the other way around in 80% of the matches.

Exactly

Just wait for us to get in a rut next season and the players trying to get Rafa the sack as they did with Houllier

You either give him a 4/5 year deal or you don't give him one at all. Regardless of your views on Rafa, the best thing for the club and the players, however, is that a decision is actually made. Thus we need a decision in the next two weeks from both sides, and I think it's now at the point that either should walk away if no decision is forthcoming.

He wanted shut of Keane because he wasn't performing and the whole saga was starting to distract us so that his presence in the squad was detrimental.

My guess (again) is that he was told he could have the keane money in the summer if he sold now but that the keane money would be a lot less if he waited because Spurs would have bought someone else.

It's a fair point, but unfortunately Rafa's already briefed the press that he's been told the keane sale money won't be his to spend in the summer. Of course, he may have thought at the time he'd see the money (although after 2 years of the Cowboys, i doubt he's that naive), but he certainly knows otherwise now!

You either give him a 4/5 year deal or you don't give him one at all. Regardless of your views on Rafa, the best thing for the club and the players, however, is that a decision is actually made. Thus we need a decision in the next two weeks from both sides, and I think it's now at the point that either should walk away if no decision is forthcoming.

I just watched the pre-match press conference and he said the 2 week thing is not true.

What difference was Kuyt making the months that he was absolute shite in 2 seasons here and much of this season that gets him chance after chance?

I'd not mind if Rafa was consistent in player treatment but he isn't which is a flaw in his man management in my opinion.

Like most decisions that would be for Rafa to tell you.

It doesn't escape the fact that people are complaining that the only cover we had for a player who consistently missed chances are players who miss chances.

I see Rafa`s PR machine all are avoiding the fact we have brought in 27 new players since the 05/06 season when we finished 1 point behind the mancs while they only have brought in 10.

Any reason for this?

Maybe the fact we already have sold or loaned out 22,22 of these same players, while the mancs have loaned out or sold 10% them also should tell us something about where the real problem lies when it comes to our transfer dealings.

Its not about money, its all about being able to spot a good player and make your players perform to the top of their potential, not the other way around in 80% of the matches.

Maybe the reason is that our squad and reserves needed far more rebuilding than theirs. And it's easier to avoid mistakes when you can afford better quality.

What was the average cost of their 10 buys as against our 27?

Guest ShoePiss
A less cautious manager who is prepared to risk losing a game to win a game and allow the players to fullfill their potential.

Kevin Keegan? We'd probably have to wait until the end of the season anyway as he's currently on a 6 month driving ban.

It's a fair point, but unfortunately Rafa's already briefed the press that he's been told the keane sale money won't be his to spend in the summer.

But the money we got for him could reduce the amount taken away from the money he does get in the summer, even if he doesn't get the keane money directly.

And these failing strikers were signed by whom??? I don't think you're helping rafa out with this line of argument!

It's not my job to 'help' anyone in this, I'm just pointing something out.

Oh and the players he highlighted ranged from midfielder's to young players, and Kuyt whether you want to class him as a striker of converted Striker.

Guest ShoePiss
Hang on Nick. I thought you wanted Mourinho?

If Inter had beaten Utd he wouldn't have any problem saying it. I tried to get him to name names but he wasn't forthcoming. From the description he gave I've offered Keegan...

For those in fear of a revolving door policy, who of the current squad do you think will be shown the door this summer? Rafa seems to be pretty happy with the players he has, and I would be surprised to see more than 3 players leave this summer.

If Benitez is still here, I would expect to see Alonso, Agger, Pennant, Babel, one left back and a few of the reserves go. I expect we'll see 5 or 6 so-so replacements, and one big-name signing, probably Barry.

It's a fair point, but unfortunately Rafa's already briefed the press that he's been told the keane sale money won't be his to spend in the summer. Of course, he may have thought at the time he'd see the money (although after 2 years of the Cowboys, i doubt he's that naive), but he certainly knows otherwise now!

but that just emphasises the difficulties that rafa has in doing his job with stumpy and snakey in charge

meanwhile ferguson will just spend anther £30m or so to add to the £20m he spent in january on a couple of promising players

and next season people on here will still be moaning that we're still not competing even though it's rafa's sixth season in charge.

but that just emphasises the difficulties that rafa has in doing his job with stumpy and snakey in charge

meanwhile ferguson will just spend anther £30m or so to add to the £20m he spent in january on a couple of promising players

and next season people on here will still be moaning that we're still not competing even though it's rafa's sixth season in charge.

because some people will point to the fact that since we finished one point behind them, we've spent more than them.

I wish we had more money too, but I also wish he's be a little more judicious in his signings, and I wish we'd get more out of what we end up with.

The hardest step is always the final one - we are close to a title winning squad - however in hindsight last season's transfer dealings were poor with only Riera making a noteworthy contribution though Cavalieri has done nothing wrong. If we are to make that leap the transfers this summer need to be perfect and be focused around quality in attacking positions. I would look to move on Dossena, Degen (fitness), Itjande, Voronin and Pennant - Agger will sign a new deal. I would add Barry, a young developing high quality striker (Kerrison?), young understudy right back and a world class attacking wide player - no idea whom. If United lose Ronaldo then it would definitely make next season interesting.

because some people will point to the fact that since we finished one point behind them, we've spent more than them.

I wish we had more money too, but I also wish he's be a little more judicious in his signings, and I wish we'd get more out of what we end up with.

But people are quick to say we spent more but not so quick to look at the reasons. Just because we finished 1 point behind the most dominant team in the league in the past 15(?) years people seem to think we'd caught them up and were suddenly on and even pegging with them so the team just needed minor tinkering.

not arguing with that bit at all

he's a long, long way from perfect but overall I still think he might get us there and I'm not at all convinced anyone else would do better

The best thing for the club if we still have the same owners at the start of next season is for us to crash out of the CL and finish 5th.

I think Rafa is well capable of getting us to finish outside of the top 4 but he will fail miserably to get us to crash out of the CL. He will probably go and win the thing giving the american fuckers another years breathing space.