You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Drillo back for Norway

Captain

The Norwegian Way - arse first.

Seriously though, our association is run by a bunch of know nothing idiots. Rekdal is spot on with his comment.

I dont agree, we have conceded silly goals for ages now and Egil Olsen is the man to sort this out.

I think its a good appointment and I really hope he stays longer than the three matches.

The other candidates like Solbakken etc have nothing to offer in my opinion.

Its a nickname from back when he was a player, believe it or not but Egil Olsen was a winger with loads of skills and tricks in his reportoar when he was younger.

So the nickname "Drillo" came because of his dribbling skills.

What about his volleying technique?

Being Irish I feel safely in a position to make my next comment.

It doesn't matter who the fuck your manager is if you have a shite pool of players to choose from. You might as well leave them managerless and let them pick the team.

My advice, fuck international football off and stick with club football. Which is also my recomendation to FIFA.

I dont agree, we have conceded silly goals for ages now and Egil Olsen is the man to sort this out.

I think its a good appointment and I really hope he stays longer than the three matches.

The other candidates like Solbakken etc have nothing to offer in my opinion.

I thought you only liked attractive, skilful football with all players being good on the ball.

But you like Egil Olsen?

He's clearly wasted on the Norwegians. If he were English, our back pages would be abound with headlines like:

THE EGIL HAS LANDED

or

WHERE EGIL DARES

I don't speak one word of Norwegian, but I'm guessing that such things don't translate too well to his native tongue.

I thought you only liked attractive, skilful football with all players being good on the ball.

But you like Egil Olsen?

What has Egil Olsen got to do with what kind of footballers I like?

Whats there not to like about the way he wants football to be played?

A superb defensive set up based on zonal marking and when you win the ball you always try to hit the opponent on the break to take advantage of the fact they are unbalanced.

As a national coach for Norway the number of players to chose from is limited and so is the quality of the players.

Norway being as high as number 2 in the FIFA rankings under Olsen in his last period is an achievment on level with Bournemouth winning the PL.

There are a lot of people who think Egil Olsen is all about hoofing the ball, they obviously dont have a fuckin clue about football and their knowledge is probably on the same level as Victoria Beckham, she also watch a lot football, but she`s not someone I would turn to to get an opinion.

Its a nickname from back when he was a player, believe it or not but Egil Olsen was a winger with loads of skills and tricks in his reportoar when he was younger.

So the nickname "Drillo" came because of his dribbling skills.

Shirley he should be known as Dribblo then :|

• 4 weeks later...

"We are the best in the world! We are the best in the world! We have beaten England 2-1 in football!! It is completely unbelievable! We have beaten England! England, birthplace of giants. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--we have beaten them all. We have beaten them all. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?"

"Maggie Thatcher, I have a message for you in the middle of the election campaign. I have a message for you: We have knocked England out of the football World Cup. Maggie Thatcher, as they say in your language in the boxing bars around Madison Square Garden in New York: Your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!"