You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Police are cunts

Malarkey

On 25/09/2023 at 00:23, Strontium said:

Did I miss a guilty verdict?

The point (as any sensible person, who doesn't waste their time on tiresome performative cuntishness, can see) is that they don't even want any degree of scrutiny.  It's not about the one individual case: it's about having the right to kill unarmed civilians, no questions asked.

Any Liberal will tell you that agents of the state shouldn't have that right.

On 25/09/2023 at 10:47, Section_31 said:

Remembered this story from way back in 2005 about the SAS fellas who trained armed met officers having concerns.

We thought that police firearms officers were far more concerned with their personal image, dressing in body armour and looking ‘gung ho’, rather than their professional capabilities. I’m not surprised at the number of mistakes over the years.

“There is no assessment of physical fitness, no psychological profiling, nothing. It’s a major problem.”

The SAS officers claim they often found police firearms units to be small “cliques” with professional standards below those found in the military. “In the bar after exercises, the police would still be carrying their pistols and have MP5s (machine guns) slung over their shoulder so they could pose for photos. The first question they always asked was whether we had killed anyone.”
They added that many security firms operating in Iraq had a policy of not employing former police firearms officers.

So, that information was known around the time Jean Charles de Menezes was murdered.  And instead of heads rolling and a complete root-and-branch overhaul of armed policing, the cunt in charge of the de Menezes murder went on to lead the entire Met.

6 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The point (as any sensible person, who doesn't waste their time on tiresome performative cuntishness, can see) is that they don't even want any degree of scrutiny.  It's not about the one individual case: it's about having the right to kill unarmed civilians, no questions asked.

Any Liberal will tell you that agents of the state shouldn't have that right.

I guess I'm one of those crazy liberals who waits for a conviction before deciding that there's been a murder.

29 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Nope.

Have a read of the post you just responded to.

This is the only time they've acted like this. It's clear there's something particular to this case which led them to respond like that.

Let me tell you what I think is happening here. There's little prospect of conviction, but the CPS knows that failure to prosecute the officer who rid the world of this scumbag will probably lead to riots from his equally scummy supporters. So they elect to waste taxpayer money on a doomed prosecution for the sake of passing the buck onto a jury. Firearms officers, none too pleased at being punished for doing their job, have taken umbrage to this facade. 

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Strontium said:

This is the only time they've acted like this. It's clear there's something particular to this case which led them to respond like that.

Let me tell you what I think is happening here. There's little prospect of conviction, but the CPS knows that failure to prosecute the officer who rid the world of this scumbag will probably lead to riots from his equally scummy supporters. So they elect to waste taxpayer money on a doomed prosecution for the sake of passing the buck onto a jury. Firearms officers, none too pleased at being punished for doing their job, have taken umbrage to this facade. 

Get fucked, you cunt.

You really need to drop the "Liberal" label, because celebrating the police killing an unarmed person - sorry, "scumbag" - is straight out of the worst depths of the Daily Mail comments section.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Strontium said:

Chris Kaba wasn't the intended target of the police operation you fucking melt.

7 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Get fucked, you cunt.

You really need to drop the "Liberal" label, because celebrating the police killing an unarmed person - sorry, "scumbag" - is straight out of the worst depths of the Daily Mail comments section.

Where did anyone "celebrate" anything?

You really do see what you want to, don't you?

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You don't think that the phrase "the officer who rid the world of this scumbag" is celebrating Chris Kaba's death?

I see you.

It's an observation. I may observe that it's your birthday, it doesn't mean I'm celebrating it.

• Haha 1

From what ive read it seems a tough one to decide if they are justified or not imo. If armed police are shouting at you to get out the car and you continue trying to ram your way through a roadblock I'm not surprised a shot was fired. Obviously without seeing the footage it's hard to say either way but if they are in danger then they'll view it as self defence against a potential deadly attack. 

Again without the footage it's hard to know if it's justified or not. 

Don't think this is a race thing at all though. It's a car they've been told is involved with firearms. A car trying to ram its way out of a stop. 

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

From what ive read it seems a tough one to decide if they are justified or not imo. If armed police are shouting at you to get out the car and you continue trying to ram your way through a roadblock I'm not surprised a shot was fired. Obviously without seeing the footage it's hard to say either way but if they are in danger then they'll view it as self defence against a potential deadly attack. 

Again without the footage it's hard to know if it's justified or not. 

Don't think this is a race thing at all though. It's a car they've been told is involved with firearms. A car trying to ram its way out of a stop. 

There are ways to stop a car without shooting the unarmed driver dead.

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Get fucked, you squirming shit.

It's not "an observation" that Kaba was "a scumbag" and the phrase "rid the world" is not neutral.

Tell me you know nothing about Chris Kaba without telling me you know nothing about Chris Kaba.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Strontium said:

Tell me you know nothing about Chris Kaba without telling me you know nothing about Chris Kaba.

I know we don't have the death penalty in the UK.

I know that he was not arrested, charged or tried. (Odd that you're happy to waive the need for a trial and a guilty verdict when you're talking about the black man.)

I know that he was unarmed.

I know that he was shot dead by a copper.

What more do I need to know?

25 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I know we don't have the death penalty in the UK.

I know that he was not arrested, charged or tried. (Odd that you're happy to waive the need for a trial and a guilty verdict when you're talking about the black man.)

I know that he was unarmed.

I know that he was shot dead by a copper.

What more do I need to know?

He had the ability to make his own Rolex watch disappear from his wrist after being shot dead?