You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Shield's Final Series

Section_31

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't. In no way, shape or form. The writing is inferior, the acting. Everything about The Wire is superior.

The Shield is a fairly bog standard TV cop show. The Wire is WAY above that.

The Shield is not bog standard tv, you should give it more than one season or rewatch season 1. Both shows need to be watched in full before you can compare them. IMO, the best season of The Shield is s05 and the best of the wire s01.

You should give The Shield more of a go Hamstrung, the first two eps of season 2 are some of the best TV I've ever seen, and it just gets better and better, season one is actually probably the weakest.

You can't compare the Shield and Wire because they're both great but totally, totally different shows. The Shield is the Ian Rush to The Wire's Dalglish.

It is better than The Wire.

*looks around to make sure there are no pool cues to hand*

Thats just untrue. Its the wrongest thing you've ever posted.

It is good, but its is firmly inside the massive shadow cast over it by The Wire.

I watched the Shield before I got into The Wire and have all the boxsets. When I watch the Shield now; infact pretty much all crime drama television, it just makes me sad nothing will ever be as good as The Wire.

I don't know whether I should be sad that The Wire ended, or be happy for it giving me so much entertainment.

The Shield is not bog standard tv, you should give it more than one season or rewatch season 1. Both shows need to be watched in full before you can compare them. IMO, the best season of The Shield is s05 and the best of the wire s01.

Ok then.

The 1st season is a bog standard cop show. None of the Wire series are bog standard anything.

I might rent some of the others if I am at a loose end, but season 1 didn't make me want to buy further.

• 2 weeks later...
How does that work? Serious question.

If your TV has HDMI and you have a 3D card on your PC, just get a HDMI cable to connect

It basically acts as a second monitor, you just drag things over from your monitor into your HDTV, so you just do that with VLC or whatever and hey presto.

5m HDMI to DVI gold cable for HD DVD, TV, PS3, PC on eBay, also, Video Cables, TV Accessories, Consumer Electronics (end time 08-Nov-08 20:49:00 GMT)

Something like that, one end goes into your CP and the other into your PC. Have a look at the back of your PC where the monitor cable goes in and next to it should be a DVI port, you plug it into that and then into your TV. Dead easy, it just doesn't carry sound so the sound still comes from the PC.

• 3 months later...