You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

DIC: takeover thread

Ring of Fire

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I hadn't read Gillett's comments before. Well, comment actually. Apart from that, nope.

I must make better news happen.

Well I hadn't read Gillett's comments before. Well, comment actually. Apart from that, nope.

Quite.

Just wondering about all these "sources" some people on here have.

You know, the infamous "sources" that leaked vital details of the 'imminent' DIC takeover. :whatever:

Do these people still value/trust their "sources" anymore since they appear to have been talking bollocks ?

No news on the takeover, but I thought this was more interesting:

WICHITA, Kansas (AP) -- Deputies say a woman in western Kansas became stuck on her boyfriend's toilet after sitting on it for two years.

Ness County Sheriff Bryan Whipple said it appeared the 35-year-old Ness City woman's skin had grown around the seat. She initially refused emergency medical services but was finally convinced by responders and her boyfriend that she needed to be checked out at a hospital.

"We pried the toilet seat off with a pry bar and the seat went with her to the hospital," Whipple said. "The hospital removed it."

Whipple said investigators planned to present their report Wednesday to the county attorney, who will determine whether any charges should be filed against the woman's 36-year-old boyfriend.

"She was not glued. She was not tied. She was just physically stuck by her body," Whipple said. "It is hard to imagine. ... I still have a hard time imagining it myself."

He told investigators he brought his girlfriend food and water, and asked her every day to come out of the bathroom.

"And her reply would be, `Maybe tomorrow,"' Whipple said. "According to him, she did not want to leave the bathroom."

The boyfriend called police on February 27 to report that "there was something wrong with his girlfriend," Whipple said, adding that he never explained why it took him two years to call.

Police found the clothed woman sitting on the toilet, her sweat pants down to her mid-thigh. She was "somewhat disoriented," and her legs looked like they had atrophied, Whipple said.

"She said that she didn't need any help, that she was OK and did not want to leave," he said.

She was taken to a hospital in Wichita, about 150 miles southeast of Ness City. Whipple said she has refused to cooperate with medical providers or law enforcement investigators.

Authorities said they did not know if she was mentally or physically disabled.

Police have declined to release the couple's names, but the house where authorities say the incident happened is listed in public records as the residence of Kory McFarren. No one answered his home phone number.

The case has been the buzz Ness City, said James Ellis, a neighbor.

"I don't think anybody can make any sense out of it," he said.

Ellis said he had known the woman since she was a child but that he had not seen her for at least six years.

He said she had a tough childhood after her mother died at a young age and apparently was usually kept inside the house as she grew up. At one time the woman worked for a long-term care facility, he said, but he did not know what kind of work she did there.

"It really doesn't surprise me," Ellis said of the bathroom incident. "What surprises me is somebody wasn't called in a bit earlier."

Anyone seen this?

Originally Posted by wishiwasascouser

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/...topic=214752.0

Hicks clan behaviour on Saturday - what have we sunk to?

« on: Today at 12:40:24 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mods - not sure which Thread to put this in, so feel free to move it to somewhere more suitable but I heard some gossip out in Milan from 2 very highly placed figures at Liverpool which is worth passing on (and I sense why I was told it ).

Apparently at the Newcastle match on Saturday one of Tom Hicks sons was present with 10 to 15 mates, most of whom had never been to a football match before. After the match they "enjoyed" the hospitality on offer rather liberally with the result that:

1. At least one of his friends was sick on the boardroom floor.

2. Another one passed out totally and medical attention had to be called to revive him and ascertain that he was ok.

3. Most of the group were very rude and insulting to the waitresses, laughing at their accents, mimicing them to their faces, making a series of lewd and personal remarks, and calling them "peasants". (Although to be fair a couple of the group were very embarrassed by the majority and apologised for their behaviour saying they were overaged college boys who had never grown up).

When Moores found out about this he was absolutely livid (not surprising when you think his family had run the boardroom for over 30 years). He tried to contact Hicks Senior to complain but was unable to get through and his calls were not returned. Moores was still livid on Tuesday and was going on about the incident constantly.

Meanwhile, Ian Ayres, officially our "Marketing Director" but effectivley Hick's day to day representative at Anfield (and an utter cunt according to pretty much everyone who knows him) was also out in Milan, and enjoying a few drinks on Monday night. Possibly under the influence he was heard by many people loudly bad-mouthing Hicks (Rash: I think he meant to say Moores) AND Parry, calling them all sorts of names and declaring that they are nobodies who will soon be out of the door.

Sad times indeed.

We are owned and run by scum of the very highest order.

Shocking, if true.

Liverpool co-owner Gillett blames weak dollars for stifling investment

Posted: Thursday Mar 13, 2008 8:04 PM

DANA POINT, California (AP) -Liverpool co-owner George Gillett said the weak U.S. dollar makes it difficult to invest in the English Premier League club.

Since acquiring a 50 percent stake last March, Gillett, who also owns the NHL's Montreal Canadiens, has been frustrated as the dollar has slumped.

"We've invested internationally with Liverpool and with Montreal in Canada, and it's had a very positive effect on both of them from the standpoint of strengthening the value,'' Gillett said in an interview with Sports Business Journal at the IMG World Congress of Sports.

"On the other hand, it's made it more difficult in terms of investing in those businesses because the dollar is really tremendously weak compared to where we started. It just costs us more to send money to those franchises, those business.''

Widespread concerns about the outlook for the U.S. economy saw the dollar drop on Thursday to a new low against the euro.

It is the first indication why Gillett has been trying to sell his stake in the club. Co-owner Tom Hicks has blocked the purchase by Dubai International Capital.

Hicks, who also owns baseball's Texas Rangers and the NHL's Dallas Stars, wants to buy a small percentage of Gillett's stock so he will gain a controlling interest and reduce the United Arab Emirates consortium to silent investors.

Despite the friction between the Americans and furious protests by fans, Gillett insists he still enjoys being involved with Liverpool.

Gillett, the majority owner of the Gillett Evernham Motorsports NASCAR team, said, "I'm really enjoying all three (teams), but for different reasons. In Liverpool, it's a long distance away and there's been a fair amount of controversy over there.

"In spite of that, the boys are playing very well and I'm proud of them.''

Despite a disappointing Premier League campaign, Liverpool has reached the quarterfinals of the Champions League. The Reds host Reading in the Premier League on Saturday as it looks to secure the fourth qualification berth for next season's lucrative Champions League.

The Canadiens have moved into first place in the NHL's Northeast Division.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...399/index.html

It all seems to have gone very quiet. Are the two cancers waiting to see if we'll win the European Cup before making a decision? If we have the summer without proper team investment due to these two pricks dragging there heals, then next seasons Premier League will be out to the window also.