You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Just tried The Hateful 8 and I had to give up after an hour. It just didn't engage me at all, it's not funny, it doesn't have anything to suggest it's meant to be a drama, was just finding myself totally bored by it. 

Whatever that film has that appeals to the critics and the people who've watched it and loved it totally bypasses me. 

The people giving it 10/10 are Tarantino fanboys that think everything the man does is solid gold. The people that are giving it 1/10 are reacting to the Tarantino fanboys giving it 10/10. The answer is somewhere in the middle. It took me two viewings to get through the first hour and 20 minutes because fuck all happens.

I much prefer Death Proof to it, even Kill Bill Volume 2 had the bride burial scene which was better than anything in Hateful 8.

So what rating do you give a film that you think is perfect?

Hateful 8 - 6/10 A very slow start and the name domergue really pissed me off. Dragged and dragged and the bint was awful, her accent really grated.

Revenant - 8/10 really enjoyed it and I have downloaded the book. Hardy and Leo were excellent and the filmed looked stunning, I can't wait to see what the director does next.

Star wars 7 - 9/10 - pure nostalgia and I loved it, han and chewie bossed it and I hope the director of no 8 delivers.

Creed.

Enjoyed it plenty, but ultimately will be forgettable. Stallone was quite good in it, the main lad is very good, the story feels quite genuine and overall there wasn't much wrong with it.

The very definition of a 7/10

On a 11hr flight where I have seen most of the films and tv shows.

Last Knights - fuck me this was bad. How they got Morgan freeman and Clive Owen to think this was a decent script is beyond me. Terribly cliched, plot twist seen 100 miles away. Seemingly no continuity in accents, world building or even technology.

It's a mess, I only hope it lost a fuck ton of money to put off future films this bad being made.

1/10.

The Big Short - 8/10. I think the best thing about it was that I never found any of it confusing, nor did I find it achieved this through dumbing itself down.

Brilliant performances, and Margot Robbie in a bubble bath. Superb.

The Gift. 6/10. Okay stalker thriller although I more or less guessed the twist at the end.

watched that in bed one night and the house alarm went off downstairs. I went down armed with a baby walker. luckily for any would-be robbers it was a fault with the alarm. scared the shit out of me and for that reason I loved the gift - 8