You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Where can I find it? Is it Netflix, DVD or was it a cinema release?

It's showing in select theatres in the USA, you can watch it on vimeo if you want to pay or putlocker if you prefer to try before you buy.   It was only released a week ago today.  Courtney Love has served cease and desist orders on several theatres in the USA.

• Upvote 1

Cheers. Will have a look for it over the weekend.

EDIT: Just realised I'll probably have to go with Vimeo. If she's getting litigious it may never see the light of day in the UK with our more relaxed libel/slander law.

Soaked in Bleach

Kurt Cobain docu-thingy implicating Courtney Love in his death.  I would recommend anyone to watch it with an open mind, even if you're not into flannel and Converse.  

Can be found legit on Vimeo or gratis elsewhere.  

8/10

Excellent. Don't know if I buy into it all but good watch.

• Upvote 1

Highlander - 7 nostalgic swords out of 10. Just watched this with the kids not having seen it for twenty years or more. It's still a great concept but it's dated quite badly. Take the nostalgia away and it's a 6, I reckon.

Guest Pistonbroke

Highlander - 7 nostalgic swords out of 10. Just watched this with the kids not having seen it for twenty years or more. It's still a great concept but it's dated quite badly. Take the nostalgia away and it's a 6, I reckon.

Still a good film mate although I preferred the early setting in the first part of the film before it leaped forward to modern times. 

Kermode rips Entourage a new one. I agree with all of it, but will probably still watch, and enjoy, the movie. 

That's an ace rant that.

I only know a little about the show, think I watched a few episodes of the first season years back; so have a basic idea of what the movie will probably be like.

The only bit Kermode is likely wrong about, is that the masses will 'reject' it.

I'd wager, what with the current climate of celebrity/ consumerism / vacuousness and selfishness, that it'll probably do very good numbers.

Only have to look at the likes of Wolf of Wall Street and even the Hangover's success to see that. Leave your moralising at the entrance and all that.

Critics are never going to like something like Entourage - it's basically Sex In The City but for blokes.

Kermode can shove his high brow opinion up his arse.

Unless, after I've finished watching it tomorrow I decide I don't like it, I'll agree with him & say they've ruined the TV show!

• Upvote 1

Rush 8/10

Didn't think I would like this; Think I swerved it afer 5 mins last time it was on terrestrial telly. 

Stuck with it this time and enjoyed it. The two driver's were really well cast I thought.

Entourage

Now, I loved the TV series. This film though is utter, utter shit sandwich. 

Even in the universe of 'Entourage', there is nothing original here. It is literally a cut and paste job from the previous 8(?) series. It picks up shortly after the last series and yet it's FIVE years since they finished the last series and it shows - everyone's moved on. Piss poor performances from everyone, piss weak script, piss weak 'plot' and piss weak execution. I mean, Piers fucking Morgan is in it - with no fucking irony whatsoever. 

The one redeeming feature is Ari Gold, but even he is rehashing old shit.

If you're new to Entourage - watch the TV series. If you love Entourage, just leave it as it is. This is no fun.

2.5/10

(And that's just for Mr & Mrs Ari's therapy scene) 

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Kermode rips Entourage a new one. I agree with all of it, but will probably still watch, and enjoy, the movie.

Oh dear, Kermode. You almost vanished up your own arsehole.

Guest Pistonbroke

The missus took the lads to see Jurassic World yesterday. Number 1 son who is 15 today gave it 8/10 and Number 2 son who is 8 said it was definitely 10 out of 10. He said "You'd even like it papa, there are humans in it as well as dinosaurs! 

The missus took the lads to see Jurassic World yesterday. Number 1 son who is 15 today gave it 8/10 and Number 2 son who is 8 said it was definitely 10 out of 10. He said "You'd even like it papa, there are humans in it as well as dinosaurs! 

At least they don't think you have more in common with the dinosaurs!

• Upvote 1

Daniel Bruhl is an excellent actor.

If you haven't seen Goodbye Lenin do so.

Will do mate nice one.

I googled Niki Lauda after watching Rush, they couldn't have got anyone closer in appearance. The fact that he's also a great actor obviously helpful too.

Entourage

I'm a fan of the show...

...but I can recognise the film actually isn't very good. It's basically just a 2 hour episode & as Cochyn says, a lot of it is a re-hash of older episodes.

I can see why people like Kermode didn't like it with his - girls / cars / gadgets / repeat - scenarios but that is exactly the way the show is and why people like it. It's great escapism and lets plebs like me fantasise how the it'd be to be  top quality actor constantly getting hammered and banging models.

There was some good ideas in the film but none of it felt fleshed out properly, characters weren't given proper arc's as they are in films.

• Turtle & Rhonda Rousey was entertaining-ish but was never given an ending. She chinned up and then it's assumed they get together.
  • E's story thread was just tedious as it became in the show - I'm sick of hearing about him & Sloan, I literally don't care anymore.
  • Drama, as usual (apart from Ari), had most of the best lines but IMO, they should have tried to fire him off the movie for the sex tape early on in the film, not the flimsy excuse that dweeb from The Sixth Sense gave. Drama being down in the dumps, them all fighting to keep him on the film and then him proving everybody wrong would have been a great arc. As it was, it felt added on.
  • Vince was a bigger pussy as ever & it felt more like Ari was fighting for Drama, not Vince.
  • Lloyd's banter with Ari was mostly relegated to video chat.
  • Ari was funny as ever but there is nothing that hasn't been shown in the previous 8 seasons.

There was no added character development, tension or 'step up' that you expect when a show goes from TV to film- South Park was a perfect example of a show stepping up in quality from TV to film, Entourage was of a similar level to the last couple of seasons of the show.

However, in saying all of that...

...I did actually enjoy it. 

For a fan of the show - 7/10.

For non-fans for the show - 4/10.